Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Bi? I was certain he was strictly a men's man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The recapping in the last couple updates has been kinda painfully hamhanded. The author is good at a lot of things, but working in info for new/forgetful readers in a natural feeling way is not one of them. I hate to be a hater, looking forward to when the second story is in full swing and past that stuff.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 19:01 on Mar 12, 2024

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Behold! The castle that says "bleh!"

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Seems like the self-important head scientist was also a super lovely dad

Guess we now know what happened to all the soldiers and cops that went in before

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Bi? I was certain he was strictly a men's man.

Seems to be mostly but not completely.

Ditocoaf posted:

The recapping in the last couple updates has been kinda painfully hamhanded. The author is good at a lot of things, but working in info for new/forgetful readers in a natural feeling way is not one of them. I hate to be a hater, looking forward to when the second story is in full swing and past that stuff.

No arguments here. Schkade's exposition definitely seems to prioritize being succinct over being organic, which really takes you out of the story when you're going right from one season into the next. I think he probably would have been better served dropping the artifice and just having narrator boxes for introducing some of the basic premises.

The good news is I think most of the recapping is out of the way and the main story is about to kick off properly.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 62: Anarchy in Japan

See that?

That's character development, that is.

With all the extra chapter dealt with, it's time for volume 6!

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 32: The Logger, the Spirit and the Courier

The trend of high level types being goddamn weird continues.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sludge Knight: Gomorrah & Namekuji Part One

A little extra from a later volume:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

ok when does the margaret atwood comic become bad

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Lmao

It's certainly entertaining

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

yeah I like stuff that is silly
it's a driving factor in reading this dang thread for so long

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Shaving with a straight razor on a swaying ship, yikes. I can see why Jamis and the old first mate cultivate beards.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm the panicked and confused large dog loose on the dance floor

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Emzedoh posted:

Shaving with a straight razor on a swaying ship, yikes. I can see why Jamis and the old first mate cultivate beards.

You learn to take the lather stage very seriously.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

The one on top: "A story without words."
The one on the bottom: "The liutenant (to his in two minutes bride-to-be). For the devil's sake, Amanda, keep pace!"

Jumping boys.

1. "Bring the rope, Anders!"
2. "Hurry with the rope!"
3. "The rope, drat it!"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i'm the panicked and confused large dog loose on the dance floor

Every party needs a confused dog

the holy poopacy posted:

...ooooooh. See, I got the jist of it but I had somehow interpreted the alien's dialogue as indicating that the wheat contained their young, like they had larva gestating there or something.

All these interpretations work, which is interesting! It’s less writing a story and more providing the elements for the reader to create their own satisfying story, perhaps without being aware they're even diing it? Which def. wasn't the intention, but is a very good end result!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The dog is panicking because it realizes it that it drastically misunderstood the meaning of "white tie" and just now realizes that it is terribly underdressed for the party.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Star Impact

That's the last full chapter of Star Impact! We're a few pages into chapter 5 now so I'll post those next, but I thought I'd give warning in case anyone wanted to drop off with the end of an arc. Because chapter 4 took three years to finish so there won't be another one for quite a while.
Webcomics!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 62: Anarchy in Japan

See that?

That's character development, that is.

rikyu realized something far later than everyone else in japan: it is impossible to stay mad at sasuke's audaciousness

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Unkempt has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Mar 12, 2024

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Velvet Gewgaw

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

SimonChris posted:

Velvet Gewgaw

It's loving new year's eve 2013 all over again!

"Poorly"

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Bro Dad posted:

rikyu realized something far later than everyone else in japan: it is impossible to stay mad at sasuke's audaciousness

I want to hear sasuke's opinions on webcomics. His deliberately trashed and ruined manor is the same basic vibe as Achewood, right?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

:yeshaha:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Tree Bucket posted:

I want to hear sasuke's opinions on webcomics. His deliberately trashed and ruined manor is the same basic vibe as Achewood, right?

forget it Jake, this ain't Chinatown.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M75VLQuFPrY

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Peanut Butler posted:

ok when does the margaret atwood comic become bad

Been wondering this

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Bro Dad posted:

People will certainly try!

Tree Bucket posted:

I also want to know about this!

This is perfect.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

:haw:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lunar Maladies

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 34: Miyamoto's Birthday?

That's right fuckers!! It's the time loop chapter!!!

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

Emzedoh posted:

That's right fuckers!! It's the time loop chapter!!!

Hmm.
Why?

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Shark needed jumping, I guess?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

what. also this rules

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Oh, I just figured the sudden swerve into fantasy/sci-fi would raise a few eyebrows. I don't really mind it, it's just a bit of a strange choice.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
As far as settings for a time lopp go, a really enjoyable birthday party with your best buds seems like a nice time for the first dozen loops or so.

Ootsuki will convince them to gamble on that baseball game, right? He's the sort of person who'd abuse supernatural occurences to fleece his friends.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 14:04 on Mar 13, 2024

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

here

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

It's exactly the right time and place for Ootsuki & pals to have a time loop chapter, lmao. let dudes have an extra 30th birthday party or ten, as a treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sludge Knight: Gomorrah & Namekuji Part Two