Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

poop device posted:

RNC's in charge of Game Of The Year?

poo poo

What would they pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Trump's family taking over the RNC is hilarious, not just because he's going to divert all the money into his own pockets and starve winnable races for R's across the county, but because what little money the RNC will be able to spend is going to be earmarked, not for the races where it will do the most good or have the most impact, but to the candidates that kissed Trump's ring the most exhaustively or who didn't somehow offend Trump over the last eight years.

This assumes that the RNC will have any money to play with - I'll bet the usual deep-pocketed funders will be putting their checkbooks away under the (almost certainly correct) assumption that every dollar they donate will be skimmed away by Trump.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 12, 2024

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

At least this isn't happening while multiple state RNC orgs are in total crisis and in need of assistance from the national org. It's a good thing they didn't choose now to be in total disarray, that would a been hosed for them huh. Yeah thankfully everything's going fine for them

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm sure Super PACs are doing the bulk of the Republican big money spending nowadays and it isn't going to have an enormous impact on the race, but those $34k fundraising dinners are going to Trump's legal bills and candidates who are the nicest to him now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FMguru posted:

Trump's family taking over the RNC is hilarious, not just because he's going to divert all the money into his own pockets and starve winnable races for R's across the county, but because what little money the RNC will be able to spend is going to be earmarked, not for the races where it will do the most good or have the most impact, but to the candidates that kissed Trump's ring the most exhaustively or who didn't somehow offend Trump over the last eight years.

This assumes that the RNC will have any money to play with - I'll be the usual deep-pocketed funders will be putting their checkbooks away under the (almost certainly correct) assumption that every dollar they donate will be skimmed away by Trump.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/11/new-rnc-leadership-trump-loyals-purge-staff

apperently he fired 60 plus vet staffers and at least 6 or so top brass.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Staluigi posted:

At least this isn't happening while multiple state RNC orgs are in total crisis and in need of assistance from the national org. It's a good thing they didn't choose now to be in total disarray, that would a been hosed for them huh. Yeah thankfully everything's going fine for them

I am curious though, generally what percentage of campaign spending comes from party organizations vs candidate-specific? Anyone know?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It's really amusing that the full transcript actually does completely vindicate Corvette Vroom Vroom Joe.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's really amusing that the full transcript actually does completely vindicate Corvette Vroom Vroom Joe.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1767590415467757579

This is tiktok gerontologists' 9/11

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

well whats funny is all the wording and partial quotes used really paint a picture of "this guy is miscontruing the poo poo out of something" because if they had reagan levels brain melt, this dude would have been super explicit.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

FMguru posted:

There's video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzR_oVAsXxQ

Joe starts shooting arrows at 0:38

The video doesn't show him hitting the target. I'm calling fake news on this old man's story!

But for real, hitting even a large target at 100 yards without practice like he claims would be insanely lucky. Maybe it was a gigantic target...

In the video right before Joe shoots, it looks like they're shooting at a car??? And there are people standing downrange next to the car??? The quality is bad and we get a super brief glimpse before they cut, so I'm really not sure. A person might stand 10 feet from a target that a pro is shooting at (still a bad idea, but I can see it), but no way would they stand there while an amateur shoots unless they know he can't make the distance.

The prime minister next to Joe does not look like he is able to draw the bow, and the video cuts right as he starts to struggle, so that part I think is confirmed true. Joe outshot the Mongolian prime minister.

But Joe doesn't get a full draw either! Compare how much of the arrow is past the bow between Joe and the actual archer who shot before Joe. He's about 6-8 inches short! I don't know if that arrow can go 100 yards with a draw that short. Maybe? I can't rule it out, but it seems very dubious.

Before any of you need to chime in and tell me, I realize that doing this kind of in-depth analysis on an old man's big fish story is silly. Sitting around telling dubious stories is what old men should be doing, not running a country. Let Joe be a charming old man who sits around telling stories and enjoying the fruits of his labors in retirement. Let ALL your septuagenarians and octogenarians do that.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
There will be no slander of Joeghis Khan over here, he drew that bow and killed two people with one arrow.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Jimbozig posted:

The video doesn't show him hitting the target. I'm calling fake news on this old man's story!

But for real, hitting even a large target at 100 yards without practice like he claims would be insanely lucky. Maybe it was a gigantic target...

In the video right before Joe shoots, it looks like they're shooting at a car??? And there are people standing downrange next to the car??? The quality is bad and we get a super brief glimpse before they cut, so I'm really not sure. A person might stand 10 feet from a target that a pro is shooting at (still a bad idea, but I can see it), but no way would they stand there while an amateur shoots unless they know he can't make the distance.

The prime minister next to Joe does not look like he is able to draw the bow, and the video cuts right as he starts to struggle, so that part I think is confirmed true. Joe outshot the Mongolian prime minister.

But Joe doesn't get a full draw either! Compare how much of the arrow is past the bow between Joe and the actual archer who shot before Joe. He's about 6-8 inches short! I don't know if that arrow can go 100 yards with a draw that short. Maybe? I can't rule it out, but it seems very dubious.

Before any of you need to chime in and tell me, I realize that doing this kind of in-depth analysis on an old man's big fish story is silly. Sitting around telling dubious stories is what old men should be doing, not running a country. Let Joe be a charming old man who sits around telling stories and enjoying the fruits of his labors in retirement. Let ALL your septuagenarians and octogenarians do that.

Mongolians gave Joe the trick bow with the active seeker arrows.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
It could be as simple as he overestimated how far the target was.

Funny rear end moment either way.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

This means corn pop is real too I think

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Jimbozig posted:

Nonono keep going, this is the only "scandal" that people can latch onto. :haw:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I heard from truepatriot.com that Trump could shoot an arrow from 20,000 feet away and take off the wings of a fly.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Madkal posted:

I heard from truepatriot.com that Trump could shoot an arrow from 20,000 feet away and take off the wings of a fly.

That's also a kinda funny thing to think about too, Trump would like and absolutely say he meant to shoot the arrow and absolutely expected to hit the target, he'd go "Sir, no one since Ghengis has ever managed to hit that target from here, not in 500 years, it's impossible." And then he'd say he did it first try because of how large his hands are. And Biden is actually just being humble and saying it was beginner's luck. Presidential candidates are a land of contrasts, in fact I would almost bet good money Trump will absolutely claim he could've hit a smaller target from further away first try if he was President.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Magic Underwear posted:

he was i believe. it was like some dude that he met and maybe had a fight with at some community pool when he was 20 something.

Jimbozig posted:

look, he put his stats into melee and energy projetiles. not archery.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1765141517767725110

Wow, directly in line with Pew's assessment of the 2020 vote.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Magic Underwear posted:

We already know Corn Pop was real, even if we can't be 100% sure about the exact incident Biden talked about.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...43fe_story.html

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1765141517767725110

Wow, directly in line with Pew's assessment of the 2020 vote.

Nevertheless, Democrats have something something failed and we need to get those 8% back by closing the border with troops and also cut social security and also just shrink the government completely down. Racism is ending and Black people just don't vote the same anymore.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Magic Underwear posted:

Soon a new find rediscovered in the John Wayne archives:
'A lying, dog-faced pony soldier': just what was Joe Biden talking about?

www.theguardian.com - Mon, 10 Feb 2020 posted:

It was all going so badly for Joe Biden. And then it got worse.

Concerns for the former vice-president’s 2020 bid were mounting after he was caught on camera calling a woman a “lying, dog-faced pony soldier” at a campaign stop in New Hampshire on Sunday.

When Madison Moore, a 21-year-old economics student, asked Biden whether voters could remain confident in his campaign after his poor performance in the Iowa caucuses, Biden asked her if she had ever attended a caucus. When Moore said yes, Biden responded: “No you haven’t! You’re a lying, dog-faced pony soldier.”

There didn’t seem to be any hard feelings – footage showed the audience laughing at Biden’s quip, and even Moore seems to be having a little giggle.

But his remark has still left people wondering what on earth Biden was referencing.

It’s not even the first time Biden has used the phrase. At a 2018 campaign event, talking about the Republican senator Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, Biden said: “As my brother, who loves to use lines from movies, from John Wayne movies … there’s a line in a movie where an Indian chief turns to John Wayne and says: ‘This is a lying, dog-faced pony soldier.’”

Biden’s spokespeople said the line comes from a John Wayne film – but it’s not clear it does. There is a 1952 western called Pony Soldier, but it does not star John Wayne, and no one is called a “lying, dog-faced pony soldier” in it, according to Slate. There is, reportedly, a line in the film in which a chief says: “The pony soldier speaks with a tongue of the snake that rattles.” Swings and roundabouts; dogs and rattlesnakes, I suppose.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i mean my dad does that poo poo all the time. mostly from the rock or Shooter. both solid movies.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/12/politics/ken-buck-leaving-congress-early/index.html

Another republican House Rep is retiring early, so this will take their effective majority down to just 2 votes

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

The Glumslinger posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/12/politics/ken-buck-leaving-congress-early/index.html

Another republican House Rep is retiring early, so this will take their effective majority down to just 2 votes

Star wars more gif

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Article says he’s not just retiring, he’s moving up his previously announced retirement plans- he was originally going to finish his term and just not run for re-election. Wonder what convinced him Congress was even worse than he first thought. Or maybe he’s got some kind of private crisis

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Jimbozig posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCfMgqnq2uo&t=93s

Bonus points for January 6th fact checker.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

Article says he’s not just retiring, he’s moving up his previously announced retirement plans- he was originally going to finish his term and just not run for re-election. Wonder what convinced him Congress was even worse than he first thought. Or maybe he’s got some kind of private crisis
I wonder what happens to his seat. Special election? Wait until November? Governor appoints the replacement?

It's in Colorado so the governor is a Dem, which means he could be replaced by a Democrat for the next several months, which would give the Republicans a one (!) seat margin in the House.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FMguru posted:

I wonder what happens to his seat. Special election? Wait until November? Governor appoints the replacement?

It's in Colorado so the governor is a Dem, which means he could be replaced by a Democrat for the next several months, which would give the Republicans a one (!) seat margin in the House.

Can't appoint a House replacement. It will always either be a special election or vacancy until the general election depending on the state.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boebert is currently running for CO-4, so if there's a special she could decide to run for that, which would vacate CO-3.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Wikipedia says his district is R+13, so not like it matters

Go vacancy I guess

Also lol that CO 3 and 4 combined cover like 2/3rds of CO by land area

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 12, 2024

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah abruptly moving up his retirement to end of next week seems sort of telling of... something. But he's also not saying he's leaving for family or whatever. Basically claiming he wants to jump right into more private but still political functions.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Blindeye posted:

It could be as simple as he overestimated how far the target was.

Funny rear end moment either way.

I heard that Joe strung the bow himself and fired it through a dozen axe heads.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oil! posted:

I heard that Joe strung the bow himself and fired it through a dozen axe heads.

Shame about Major though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Biden's weird rear end stories turning out to possibly be true over and over is just such a bizarre thing. But it keeps happening.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Push El Burrito posted:

Biden's weird rear end stories turning out to possibly be true over and over is just such a bizarre thing. But it keeps happening.

I liked the tweet that was something like "every day Hunter Biden admits to something that Sterling Archer would have a three second flashback about"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Some of his stories are obviously exaggerations or lies for a big fish story, but it is still hilarious that the corn pop story was actually true and 100% verifiable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

haveblue posted:

Wonder what convinced him Congress was even worse than he first thought.

https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1767558971915981045

GOP House caucus is down bad.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
It will get even smaller, later, but bounce up to a three seat majority again by the summer.

https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1767614845531164779

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Some of his stories are obviously exaggerations or lies for a big fish story, but it is still hilarious that the corn pop story was actually true and 100% verifiable.

Wait, it was?