Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, gently caress Hur.

I barely know Hur!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Because polling right now is volatile and only the terminally online politics nerds like us are tuned in

Much like whatever it is that's happening to your Avatar...

What the gently caress?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

Maximum lol potential, is their anyway a dem could win Boebart's old district AND Ken's?

That would be loving hilarious

These are districts that elected, respectively, Lauren Boebert and Ken Buck. If the Rs can't hold on to these, they may as well pack up.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Harveygod posted:

I think she would only have to resign upon winning (lol), meaning it would still be 2 if that were to happen; the vacancy would just shift to her current seat.

You are correct, I misread it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Jim Jordan consistently looks like the concept of having to breathe air is utterly baffling to him.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Real Americans work until they die! :argh:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I send poo poo like this to my dad now that he’s talking about “When I retire in the next couple years.” Your party wants you to work til you die, Dad. :lol:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Pook Good Mook posted:

I've said for years on these boards that in actual results and things done, Bush was a FAR worse President than Trump. Trump makes you embarrassed and angry, but he didn't get us into a voluntary war that threw an entire region into chaos and is directly responsible for a low-end estimate of 100,000 dead Iraqis. And that doesn't add-in the ensuing death from ISIS related conflicts which directly led to the Syrian civil war.

Bush took a surplus and turned it into the horror show we have today. The Roberts court is an abject disaster that will haunt us for at least a generation. His administration should have been held responsible for 9/11 and they WERE responsible for the Patriot Act.

And he WAS hero-worshipped. If you weren't around back then you can't understand.

1,000,000 Americans are dead from Covid, that we counted

Thousands of dead Kurds when Trump pulled out because Erdogan

Thousands of dead Afghanis

Thousands of possibly dead asylum seekers

A global plague being perpetuated by the most traveled to country on Earth not giving a gently caress about quarantine

Rights of millions stripped away legally

Sorry W was a dumb rear end in a top hat, Trump singlehandedly was involved in the deaths of millions, the destruction of millions of lives

Trump is by FAR the worst president this country has ever had, possibly the single worst leader in the history of the Western hemisphere

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 12, 2024

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

man this young walter mathau hologram looks terrible.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Does Ben still wear that lovely non-beard? It’s not gonna come in if you wait any longer dude, just shave and deal with it.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Aramis posted:

25 tabs? On a phone?

dont tab shame.

Speedboat Jones posted:

I send poo poo like this to my dad now that he’s talking about “When I retire in the next couple years.” Your party wants you to work til you die, Dad. :lol:

"they're not going to do it to me, just my hated enemies: minorities!!!"

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

downout posted:

I can't take these polls or articles seriously, like wth?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

He looks like a conservative Mr Bean

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

1,000,000 Amsricans are dead from Covid, that we counted

Thousands of dead Kurds when Trump pulled out because Erdogan

Thousands of dead Afghanis

Thousands of possibly dead asylum seekers

A global plague being perpetuated by the most traveled to country on Earth not giving a gently caress about quarantine

Rights of millions stripped away legally

Sorry W, was a dumb rear end in a top hat, Trump singlehandedly was involved in the deaths of millions, the destruction of millions of lives

Trump is by FAR the worst president this country has ever had, possibly the single worst leader in the history of the Western hemisphere
some guy in Guatemala got like almost every military aged man in the country killed in various wars. But Trump’s up there

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

I love pictures of Ben "Too short for this ride" Shapiro because you can play spot the yarmulke. Granted it is always on his head so it is not too hard but do it enough in a row and you generate like a dry heat.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

jesus christ how do you do it

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Trump killed more Americans than the Civil War or WWII

That's just Americans

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Aramis posted:

25 tabs? On a phone?

My phone has so many tabs open it genuinely just shows an infinity symbol.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

:hmmyes:

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Harveygod posted:

I think she would only have to resign upon winning (lol), meaning it would still be 2 if that were to happen; the vacancy would just shift to her current seat.

She can't vote if she is busy campaigning in another state.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Harveygod posted:

Yeah but to campaign in a primary and then possibly a special election in the district she’s going to miss a lot of votes.

I’m also not clear on of she has to resign if she wins the primary or only if she wins the main special election.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Speedboat Jones posted:

Your party wants you to work til you die, Dad. :lol:

nerox
May 20, 2001

I don't like this ride.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

It's not like GOP voters care that their representative isn't voting on issues. A sizable chunk of them voted for Boebert on the "stop running the government" platform.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Machai posted:

She can't vote if she is busy campaigning in another state.

District, but still

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Like, I really can't believe no one calls out Trump on his Covid record more in american politics

His idiocy directly led to the single largest loss of life in the United States EVER, he killed more Americans than loving Hitler or Japan

I feel insane sometimes when people don't go after him for this poo poo. He should be on trial just for his gross negligence of that.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Speedboat Jones posted:

ben can't relate to the concept of retirement because his job already resembles a republican's retirement, consuming and spreading propaganda over the internet all day

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

I know we have no idea when the special election would be for, but is there enough time for a second special election if she were to win? Not sure when the special would be required to be held after the vacancy occurs.
I'd just love for the Colorado GOP to have to run a marathon of campaigns.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Almost Smart posted:

What are we drilling (baby, drilling) and why.

Your mother, because we paid :10bux:

I've always meant to ask if that's supposed to be a caricature of anyone specific.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the republicans had a big divide over civil service reform and that only healed when garfield got shot.

Ah gently caress what has Nathen Mazri done now?!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

TulliusCicero posted:

Like, I really can't believe no one calls out Trump on his Covid record more in american politics

His idiocy directly led to the single largest loss of life in the United States EVER, he killed more Americans than loving Hitler or Japan

I feel insane sometimes when people don't go after him for this poo poo. He should be on trial just for his gross negligence of that.

In general the US is desperate to act as though COVID never happened in the first place.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Manlet who's never worked a real job in his life thanks to his wealthy daddy's money and influence thinks you should work until you die, peasants.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's a lot of work to shake your head so much while talking.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

nine-gear crow posted:

Manlet who's never worked a real job in his life thanks to his wealthy daddy's money and influence thinks you should work until you die, peasants.
At least the liberals will also die in the elder mines!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ah yes, "Nepo boy who was given "journalism" jobs his dad wrote loving reviews for" is going to tell us about how the Real World Works

There is not a big enough toilet for a swirlie for the wormy gently caress

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Accuracy: :perfect:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Shishkahuben posted:

It's not like GOP voters care that their representative isn't voting on issues. A sizable chunk of them voted for Boebert on the "stop running the government" platform.
My impression is she’s not popular because she was too self promoting, which is why she barely won reelection last time and is switching districts to a redder one. If she wins the primary she’s probably in, but the primary promises to be competitive.

Edit: it’s also why she’s been much quieter lately.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's a lot of work to shake your head so much while talking.

Have you tried developing Parkinson's?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Agents are GO! posted:

Your mother, because we paid :10bux:

I've always meant to ask if that's supposed to be a caricature of anyone specific.

Ah gently caress what has Nathen Mazri done now?!

i always unironically like chester arthurs face turn story. so basicaly he was always known a toady for the big stalwart republican new york boss rosco conkling and he basicaly did whatever he said and was made the VP because garlfield won as a dark horse canidate. arthur is loving hated by everyone because he is very clearly a stooge that no one but conkling wanted. anyway like 5 months later after garlfield wins, he gets shot by a nutjob and died because of the gently caress up medical horror show and like 50 exploritory operations. that whole time, chester is basicaly sitting in his house having a crisis of faith because the nutjob shouted his name when he shot garflied and the nutter was mad about not getting some embasy post. anyway he gets letters from a lady and he basicaly has a conversion and helps enshrine civil service reform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nah, gotta squeeze every last ounce of productivity and profit out of a poor before you kill em.