Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
For some reason we had TWO Flintstone Villages here in BC. Relatively close to each other as well. Loved wandering around Bedrock as a kid, checking out all the "tableau" they had built out of scenes from Bedrock life.

All that's left if this giant, moldering sign of Fred rotting in field in Kelowna:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.9942458,-119.3813953,61m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Gripweed posted:

They're gonna remake that Jenny video about driving cross country to get a giant spider but it's Mike driving cross country to get a shipping container full of Star Trek paraphernalia.

I want to know the story behind that 10-Forward play set. That's not something they ever sold, it has to be custom made. I wonder if the guy built it himself.

I AM GRANDO posted:

What is this a reference to?

In the mentioned Jenny video, she and her friends stop at a semi-abandoned Flintstones theme park, and some guy, unprompted, calls them fake fans who probably don't even like The Flintstones in the giftshop.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

colonelwest posted:

The Flintstones was a magnificent achievement in writing and animation. It was the first comedy ever made that contained no jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fX9SMkKWFU

Like really. Some loose nonsense plot would lurch from scene to scene, the prehistoric setting being completely incidental, while not even a vague attempt at a joke would be made. But the laugh track would just keep going incessantly. It’s almost surreal in just how awful it is.

It represented a time before the creation of human comedy, back when life was a constant struggle for survival and there was no joy to be had.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

In the mentioned Jenny video, she and her friends stop at a semi-abandoned Flintstones theme park, and some guy, unprompted, calls them fake fans who probably don't even like The Flintstones in the giftshop.

Was the person in the giftshop saying that the sales person, as that would explain why it's semi-abandoned. You know if theres more of an explnation need than it it's a flitstones theme park and the year is 2024.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They use clams and sand-dollars as money so nobody really wants them in their gift shop in 2024.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
ain't sorry.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cubone posted:

ain't sorry.

well that’s swell kid but we ain’t askin’ for an apology.

What we want is more of THAT. That juice, that juno-say-kwaa, that “gently caress the uncomfortable topic of your conversation and the horse it rode in on” stuff. If we can bottle it we’ll be richer than King Tut multiplied by smaug the talking dragon. I’m talking simoleons.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Bambam died in Vietnam

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Can't watch this right now but based on the thumbnail it's something with Mike & Rich dressed as cavemen and Jay as a green alien? Seems even more niche than Bloodhound Gang trivia

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

JediTalentAgent posted:

It represented a time before the creation of human comedy, back when life was a constant struggle for survival and there was no joy to be had.

Redd Foxx was the first funny person.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sir Lemming posted:

Can't watch this right now but based on the thumbnail it's something with Mike & Rich dressed as cavemen and Jay as a green alien? Seems even more niche than Bloodhound Gang trivia

You'd think it'd be niche, but RLM just put it out and it already among their top viewed videos. Turns out the internet just really wanted to see with Mike & Rich dressed as cavemen and Jay as a green alien.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mike and Rich stole this from the auction house and he's taunting them

https://twitter.com/MikeStoklasa/status/1767560847340057023

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I ended up watching Kevin Can gently caress Himself and quite enjoyed it. I never would have checked it out without the recommendation from Jay.

That said, it probably should just have been one season as the premise starts to wear a bit thin.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Vakal posted:

I ended up watching Kevin Can gently caress Himself and quite enjoyed it. I never would have checked it out without the recommendation from Jay.

That said, it probably should just have been one season as the premise starts to wear a bit thin.

I showed the first episode to some friends the other day, and we agreed you could stop after the first episode, it tells the story completely and satisfactorily.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

First of May posted:

I showed the first episode to some friends the other day, and we agreed you could stop after the first episode, it tells the story completely and satisfactorily.

It does sort of change things up a few episodes in with the wife deciding to kill Kevin but yeah, it could have been tightened up quite a bit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C33ucZ0vuks

Movies are saved?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Netflix saving movies would be like [politician you don’t like] solving [societal crisis made worse by politician you don’t like]

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What? I watched it on Netflix like a year ago.

It was pretty good.

E: Okay, 5 months ago.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yah those Henry Sugar shorts were great. Wes Anderson is perfect for it. Man I remember The Swan messing me up as a kid.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Then why am I only hearing about it now? I didn't even see a trailer until that one popped up on my feed today.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Arc Hammer posted:

Then why am I only hearing about it now? I didn't even see a trailer until that one popped up on my feed today.

There was a bit of a minor thing for it like the avclub etc reviewed em but Netflix is over reliant on its stupid algorithm to float things up on its main page.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Arc Hammer posted:

You're probably hearing about it now since it won the Oscar for Live Action Short on Sunday

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Paladinus posted:

What? I watched it on Netflix like a year ago.

It was pretty good.

E: Okay, 5 months ago.

Arc Hammer posted:

Cause it's Henry Sugar and Three More, they packaged it up with the other 3 short films (that I didn't know were already released until now) in to a single anthology film.

Anyway if you saw Henry Sugar but not the other three (like me!), here's your notification that they exist and you/I should watch them.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

piratepilates posted:

Cause it's Henry Sugar and Three More, they packaged it up with the other 3 short films (that I didn't know were already released until now) in to a single anthology film.

Anyway if you saw Henry Sugar but not the other three (like me!), here's your notification that they exist and you/I should watch them.

They were all out at the same time last year.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Paladinus posted:

They were all out at the same time last year.

Netflix actually did a weird release schedule for those shorts. They released Henry Sugar on its own, then, a week later, released the next three films one at a time over three days.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Weembles posted:

Netflix actually did a weird release schedule for those shorts. They released Henry Sugar on its own, then, a week later, released the next three films one at a time over three days.

I've just checked, and they're releasing it now as one video for some reason instead of just putting all four into one thing as four episodes. Absolute lunacy. Must be some contract shenanigans.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Vakal posted:

It does sort of change things up a few episodes in with the wife deciding to kill Kevin but yeah, it could have been tightened up quite a bit.

The first episode ends with her deciding that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
DUNC 2 was fun. Gorgeous, too. I think a lot of modern sci-fi ends up looking generic, lacking the memorable production design of stuff like Alien, Robocop and, yes, Star Wars, but D2 felt instantly iconic. Fucken wild costuming.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 13, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

DUNC 2 was fun. Gorgeous, too. I think a lot of modern sci-fi ends up looking generic, lacking the memorable production design of your stuff like Alien, Robocop and, yes, Star Wars, but D2 felt instantly iconic. Fucken wild costuming.

I love Florence Pugh's escalating scale mail helmets. Like it starts as just a weird gold chain hair net thing and by the end she's got like a whole metal cowl and veil.

Also the look of the Harkonnen planet and their blob fireworks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If only we could get a sandworm as beautifully costumes as her. Also I hope we get to see someone animorph into a sandworm or trout in 3 whether or not it happens in the books at that point.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I want to see them load a sandworm for transport. Like right after Paul rides one they're like "OK, Jessica, we got you palanquin all ready for our across the world voyage on this sandworm" no you motherfuckers show me the logistics of 20 of you getting on one of those fuckers with luggage and everything

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kung Fu Panda 4 was alright. Nothing special but it was a cheap night at the theater.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

PostNouveau posted:

I love Florence Pugh's escalating scale mail helmets. Like it starts as just a weird gold chain hair net thing and by the end she's got like a whole metal cowl and veil.

It looks like it was made out of nail clippers

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Didn't dune happen a long long time ago? Nail clippers look like princess cowls.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Didn't dune happen a long long time ago? Nail clippers look like princess cowls.

10,191 A.D.

Now it's been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what, he never knew, now man's reign is through
But through eternal night, the twinkling of starlight
So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
yeah its in the future, thats why they have the orange bible

they just started naming different versions after colours

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:actually: in the books it's 10,191 A.G. (after guild) because the spacing guild restarted the calendar when they formed a monopoly on space travel. The year 1 A.G. is roughly 13000 A.D. so Dune takes place 20+ millennia in the future

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

Kung Fu Panda 4 was alright. Nothing special but it was a cheap night at the theater.

I've seen all the Kung Fu Panda movies. This one I think is the best. I used to think the third one was the best. This beats the third one. It's twice as good as the third one, which was twice as good as the second one, which was twice as good as the original. There's a pattern there, and it's a very good pattern, and that's why this is one of the top franchises going forward. And I think before you see the end of Po and the whole Kung Fu Panda gang you're going to see as many as a dozen movies in this series, and that's a very good thing.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

PostNouveau posted:

I want to see them load a sandworm for transport. Like right after Paul rides one they're like "OK, Jessica, we got you palanquin all ready for our across the world voyage on this sandworm" no you motherfuckers show me the logistics of 20 of you getting on one of those fuckers with luggage and everything

How many times do they gently caress up, too. Oh Bashir missed his window and he has all the water containers, god drat it, everyone hop off we gotta find another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Non Compos Mentis posted:

yeah its in the future, thats why they have the orange bible

they just started naming different versions after colours

no the Orange Bible was the product of a program to create the best possible bible.