Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Red Rox posted:

I was trying to watch a bulls game the other day and the commentary was really creepy. Like one of the Bulls got a steal and the commentator was all like “Om nom nom COOKIES!” but not in a fun way in a cringe and creepy way.

Stacey King Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Red Rox posted:

I was trying to watch a bulls game the other day and the commentary was really creepy. Like one of the Bulls got a steal and the commentator was all like “Om nom nom COOKIES!” but not in a fun way in a cringe and creepy way.

No, it's fun. Stacey King can not fail, you failed him.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

toggle posted:

That is atrocious commentary, just absolutely putrid. No surprise when it’s coming from those 2 fuckwits.

lol welcome to the league moment? Yea getting dunked on once by another rookie, not having 70 dropped on me by Embiid

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I for one appreciate all commentary teams marking out for dunks instead of trying to be overly professional all the time, even if sometimes it's a swing and a miss.

I have no idea why I originally wrote "impressive" instead of professional :confused:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Sengun having not torn or broken anything is unreal. Youth really is a cheat code

If my ankle did that I'd be having an amputation below the knee scheduled as we speak

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Intruder posted:

Sengun having not torn or broken anything is unreal. Youth really is a cheat code

definitely the worst looking minor injury since the Giannis championship return

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1766218702037344366

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

definitely the worst looking minor injury since the Giannis championship return

I still can’t believe Lebron didn’t shatter his arm at the end of the 2015 finals

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

cringe

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So who is already eliminated from awards because they can’t play enough games?

Embiid? Donovan Mitchell?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Red Rox posted:

Devin Booker needs to play 14/17 of the suns remaining games, Tyrese Haliburton needs to play 13/17, Jimmy Butler is out, Joel's out, Kat's out, Mitchell is out.

Those are the guys that probably had any chance at an end of year award.

e: Awards this year are completely positionally agnostic, right?

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 12, 2024

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Red Rox posted:

ben simmons

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Basketball is BACK in San Diego, we did it everyone, now to get in on the next expansion of the W, yes it can support three CA teams

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Ammanas posted:

ben simmons

Really thought he had a shot at RoY

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

When you think about it, Doc Rivers actually saved the 76ers from Ben Simmons because if he never holds out they probably are stuck with him and his contract and embiid probably walks instead of resigns.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/andyblarsen/status/1767636693396722143

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

He should be obligated to wear a shorts suit to the trial

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
My dude you won the battle on covid let it go

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Anti-COVID is such a funny phrase. Is Stockton Pro-COVID???

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Strawberry Panda posted:

Anti-COVID is such a funny phrase. Is Stockton Pro-COVID???

I mean, yeah

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it's cool how we knew nothing about john stockton for many years and now we know a lot about john stockton

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
He's reaching across multiple generations to be your racist uncle's favorite player. It's remarkable.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The "will Bronny be good in the NBA" discourse has hit work

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

verbal enema posted:

The "will Bronny be good in the NBA" discourse has hit work

I mean maybe he should try being good in the NCAA first.

He's still a maybe prospect but his heart condition derailed things and I can't see a team actually using a useful pick right now. It'd be way better for his career to go back for another year and see if he can get back on track. Before he had his health problems his optimistic projection was a situational rotation-level guard, so it's not like he's going to lose out spending more time in school, or even like the G league.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Covid was in essence a bioweapon because it was assembled with parts from the bioweapon toolbox as part of peter daszak, ralph baric et alls attempt to create a polycorona vaccine. It escaped, long story short, because France wanted a biotech industry to compete with Germany's and built BSL4 labs in China, including Wuhan, to a not great standard of worksmanship.

The covid vaccine mandate did expose otherwise healthy young people with natural immunity to harms because it did not provide them with any more protection than they already had. Remember there was a whole stretch of time where the mass media decided there was literally no such thing as natural immunity to viruses.

In many cases where vaccines were rolled out without enough development time, there are problems. the us military inoculated soldiers with anthrax vaccines that caused all kinds of problems.

I think the libertarian right like John Stockton were surprised to see supposedly their side, these "Small government" republicans support things like mask and vaccine mandates, general lockdowns because they thought they were on their side. Got all shaken up. But lawmakers were aware from the start about the probability of covid being in essence accidental biological warfare on the population and were trying to protect people.

I think that's the most diplomatic way that can be put

My friend who has autism got 15 vaccinations by lying about previous vaccinations at different sites and he seems fine. There was apparently some guy who got 217 via a similar train of thought that more vaccinations would be better. So you know only the unlucky really suffered clotting and similar issues while covid was a more wide ranging threat.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

….source your quotes?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lockback posted:

I mean maybe he should try being good in the NCAA first.

He's still a maybe prospect but his heart condition derailed things and I can't see a team actually using a useful pick right now. It'd be way better for his career to go back for another year and see if he can get back on track. Before he had his health problems his optimistic projection was a situational rotation-level guard, so it's not like he's going to lose out spending more time in school, or even like the G league.

i think bronny would still be drafted or signed based on his name alone if he really just wants to go to the nba

usc is also super dysfunctional right now so it might be better for him to get the gently caress out of there and hide in the g-league for a bit

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Porfiriato posted:

….source your quotes?

I don't have a doctor's note or anything but he's a pretty obviously autistic guy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

i think bronny would still be drafted or signed based on his name alone if he really just wants to go to the nba

usc is also super dysfunctional right now so it might be better for him to get the gently caress out of there and hide in the g-league for a bit

Maybe with a late mid-to-late 2nd or something but I don't think anyone is using a first anymore. IMO, the middle of this draft isn't too bad, there are some high upside guys that will be there, and there are a few "Not much upside but will probably be useful and cost controlled" guys at the end of the first. So I don't see where Bronny fits in.

Maybe he just gets through the draft even if he isn't selected at all and then has time to try to make the NBA on his own terms. He'll play NBA level defense but a 6'4 guy who does that is not enough to make the NBA today. His jumper looks like it could turn into something and if he gets acclimated to pro-league speed he might have the handles to be an ok rotation combo guy, but all that will take turn.

Going into the draft and getting selected really late or not at all would be make a decent 2nd act for the, let's face it, inevitable movie this turns into.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If LeBron is still committed to playing with his son some team will absolutely spend a first on Bronny if it means getting his father too.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

RCarr posted:

If LeBron is still committed to playing with his son some team will absolutely spend a first on Bronny if it means getting his father too.

I tend to think this is a "let him play it out and get drafted", then the Lakers trade for him afterwards

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That would mean letting whatever team that drafted him hold him for ransom though. Then things get muddy because they can and should ask for much more than he’s actually worth. I doubt LeBron is gonna allow the possibility of them not playing together because a trade doesn’t work out. (If he’s really dead set on playing with him)

If he just makes it known that he will sign with whoever drafts him, then it makes things easier and it makes his son look better by being drafted higher.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thanasis made the NBA, so did Chris Smith. Bronny should be a shoe-in

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Intruder posted:

If my ankle did that I'd be having an amputation below the knee scheduled as we speak

It's a grade 3 sprain, which is a complete ligament tear. People hear sprained ankle and still think "rolled ankle ow my ankle hurts for a couple days" when that's not the case at all.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

RCarr posted:

If he just makes it known that he will sign with whoever drafts him, then it makes things easier and it makes his son look better by being drafted higher.

I know nepotism isn't a new thing in the NBA, but that would be a whole new level and make the draft very...interesting.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Less_HumbleTeej/status/1767708416288620753

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Don't think stephs gameplan of draymond hurt the best player works on the campaign trail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Every contender will want this year’s 31st pick.