Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Flikken posted:

Don't forget Dobbins, that is really a disgusting RB room.

Dobbins is a ufa. He's openly complained about his usage in Baltimore and isn't going to get anything more than a vet minimum contract out of the team, so I strongly suspect he is gone for a prove it deal somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Dobbins is a ufa. He's openly complained about his usage in Baltimore and isn't going to get anything more than a vet minimum contract out of the team, so I strongly suspect he is gone for a prove it deal somewhere else.

Really? I thought this would be his 4th year.

Edit: he only had 3 stat lines in ESPN I missed he was out all of 2021.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Nope, fourth year was last year. Of course, he's only really played 2 years because of two early season ending injuries.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He’s lost his topend speed but our oline hosed him the last two seasons, he was getting drilled behind the line a ton.

He is, generally speaking, not a great pass catcher. Him being on the field telegraphs your intentions

He is however a competent passer of the football. Henry has what, like five touchdown passes? Think maybe two of those came against Baltimore.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Derrick Henry and Keaton Mitchell will be an insanely good Thunder/Lightning RB combo, like all time great, if they both can be near the best versions of themselves. With age and injury that is a skyscraper sized "if".

Really really hope Jadeveon Clowney can somehow return to Baltimore. He deserves a 10 mil APY contract coming off last year, but the old pass rusher market has been garbage the past few years.

I feel like with Flowers and Likely's rise, *IF* Mitchell doesn't lose his insane speed, the only thing holding the offense back is Lamar's chemistry with Bateman. should be a focal point, but I don't know if that's even something that actually can be made better. sometimes players just don't click I guess.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Flikken posted:

Really? I thought this would be his 4th year

He's been injured more games than he's played

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

doesn't mitchell's injury have a poor rate of successful return?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

the only article I could find regarding that made it sound like it is possible one can come back without losing too much of their speed and explosion (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4968344/), and he's only 22 years old, but honestly I have no loving idea. I guess Daltos would know something about that

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/dmrussini/status/1767631962745790735?s=46

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

abelwingnut posted:

doesn't mitchell's injury have a poor rate of successful return?

It's an ACL and he's a running back. Sometimes people come back without missing a step. Sometimes they take time to get all the way back to form. Sometimes it's the beginning of the end, see Dobbins, J.K. It just can't be assumed.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oh man, gently caress that. Hopefully he carries the losing streak against Pittsburgh we maintained his entire career in Baltimore. He's a real good player though. Here's hoping Pittsburgh asks him to do too much and he returns to his early career bad play.

He's gonna be playing along side TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith...

That's actually a really good signing by the Steelers who are going to have an absolutely smothering defense when TJ is healthy, and still an above average one when he's not. If Russ can avoid completely making GBS threads the bed, they might be a fringe contender.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I'm actually surprised no one has tried (or reportedly tried to) trade the Bengals for Browning. He seemed pretty serviceable after Burrow went down.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The bengals hate trading because their owner sees it as making another team better. I’m shocked they traded mixon tbh.

And burrow has obviously been banged up a ton so they should hold onto browneye as long as possible

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Flikken posted:

Don't forget Dobbins, that is really a disgusting RB room.

Dobbins is a UFA, and I have a hard time seeing him wanting to come back, and also the Ravens wanting him to come back. Like 99.99% sure it's a mutual split

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thought we'd at least lose our complimentary pass rusher:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1767635962199253273

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And sure, not sure why the Eagles need the definition of not getting open, but okay

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767638836425744670

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blind Pineapple posted:

He's gonna be playing along side TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith...

That's actually a really good signing by the Steelers who are going to have an absolutely smothering defense when TJ is healthy, and still an above average one when he's not. If Russ can avoid completely making GBS threads the bed, they might be a fringe contender.

Asking Queen to do too much is making him responsible for pass coverage over the middle of the field. He's great playing down hill, and strong with limited responsibilities in coverage, but if you get too much eye candy in front of him he's likely to get burned on crossers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That is too much money for Parker lmao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

I feel like with Flowers and Likely's rise, *IF* Mitchell doesn't lose his insane speed, the only thing holding the offense back is Lamar's chemistry with Bateman. should be a focal point, but I don't know if that's even something that actually can be made better. sometimes players just don't click I guess.

The oline will need some investment even if Zeitler comes back. Ravens could also move on from Stanley, opening up about 10 mil in cap space (and taking on 17mil in dead cap). Morgan Moses is 34 and would open about 7 mil in cap (no dead cap I think, or maybe like 1 mil). Both were rotated regularly about half the season just to ensure they could finish the season. I doubt the Ravens move on from both at the same time, although the Wednesday deadline will be a big indicator. There's a non-zero chance that Linderbaum is the only 2023 oline starter on the roster.

Cupboard's not bare - Mekari is only 26 despite feeling like he's been around forever. Ravens superfans are insanely high on Voorhees, which is weird because you'd think Ravens fans would be scared of anyone coming off an injury. Ben Cleveland has finally started to play better when he saw action last year so he's an option, along with Aumave-Laulu, and Faalele wasn't bad and got some much needed experience.

But yeah, it's the biggest question mark on the offense for sure. Thankfully Ravens seem to do a good job at developing olinemen or pulling in FAs (the nightmare year where Villanueva had to step in and Stanley re-aggravated his injury non-withstanding). D'Alessandris is a really good coach so I feel good from that aspect, and this is by all accounts a real nice oline draft.

My ideal draft would probably be something like G/T in round 1, WR in round 2, EDGE/CB in round 3, and then RB in 4 or later, depending on who all falls to us, use the late round picks on project olinemen/dlinemen.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
https://x.com/sharpfootball/status/1765774912307011681?s=46

genuinely impressive

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Dobbins is a UFA, and I have a hard time seeing him wanting to come back, and also the Ravens wanting him to come back. Like 99.99% sure it's a mutual split

Didn’t he have a real bad knee injury and then an Achilles? It sucks but he could be on his way out of the league entirely. The list of running backs who returned from an Achilles tear and were good is like, nonexistent.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is absurdly cheap. He wasn't very productive last year after Judon went down, but still, this is nothing for a 26 year old guy who had a dozen sacks in '22

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1767640391640047854

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

Didn’t he have a real bad knee injury and then an Achilles? It sucks but he could be on his way out of the league entirely. The list of running backs who returned from an Achilles tear and were good is like, nonexistent.

yup. i mean, someone will sign him for training camp because the potential is there, but at that point he's fighting for a roster spot as a backup

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's an ACL and he's a running back. Sometimes people come back without missing a step. Sometimes they take time to get all the way back to form. Sometimes it's the beginning of the end, see Dobbins, J.K. It just can't be assumed.

I'm no expert but I guess Dobbins case is different, his whole knee basically exploded, it wasn't a common injury like Mitchell's

Borsche69 posted:

The oline will need some investment

100% agree, was going to mention the OL but had my mind on skill players. they are kinda in a tough spot with that, hopefully they can still draft a decent OT or a great G on the first round, even if that's hard to do at #30

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1767644790080806981?t=wokC1W7b3UXYG0JNKNMdNw&s=19

this seems like a great deal for the Steelers

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Jamal Lewis tore both his ACLs one in college and one in 2001. And then ran for 2000 yards in 2003.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
a man can dream

https://x.com/Real10jayy__/status/1767620080001515859?s=20

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm no expert but I guess Dobbins case is different, his whole knee basically exploded, it wasn't a common injury like Mitchell's

100% agree, was going to mention the OL but had my mind on skill players. they are kinda in a tough spot with that, hopefully they can still draft a decent OT or a great G on the first round, even if that's hard to do at #30

ofc I still like the pipedream scenario I suggested before where we somehow trade the farm to grab Marvin Harrison Jr and just go All In

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kawalimus posted:

Jamal Lewis tore both his ACLs one in college and one in 2001. And then ran for 2000 yards in 2003.

A giant power back in an old school offense is a little different from how things are run now, but yes it is possible to come back from an ACL and be good

Kalli posted:

This is absurdly cheap. He wasn't very productive last year after Judon went down, but still, this is nothing for a 26 year old guy who had a dozen sacks in '22

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1767640391640047854

And he turned down more money from other teams supposedly. Maybe he thinks he can get another dozen sack year and get a giant deal out of it

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Vikings trading away Jefferson would ease the pain of them getting Jones.

Not gonna happen, but it would be nice.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

A giant power back in an old school offense is a little different from how things are run now, but yes it is possible to come back from an ACL and be good

And he turned down more money from other teams supposedly. Maybe he thinks he can get another dozen sack year and get a giant deal out of it

I can see it, in '22 with a healthy Judon he put up 12 sacks. Last year with Judon's injury, he put up 3. If he can get to double digits, he probably gets himself a Huff sized contract.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

The Niners should get him to backup Brock Purdy for comedy gold.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Jamal Lewis's game was cutbacks and acceleration.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If it weren’t for Bryce I’d love this offseason.

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1767643000455204878?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Kawalimus posted:

Insane he had priest Holmes as a backup in Baltimore.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kalli posted:

And sure, not sure why the Eagles need the definition of not getting open, but okay

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767638836425744670

I don't get it and would rather have the wr4 or wr5 spot get taken up by a rookie but I guess he's cheap at least?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I just remembered the Eagles kept their head coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Assuming he uses him correctly (like when he was running up DROTY), congrats on your kam chancellor, commies fans

https://x.com/sheena_marie3/status/1767655189610193078?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Biggest misuse of talent in panthers history.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

thank you really cheap resign for some reason :toot: https://twitter.com/zm_cox/status/1767655633111683177

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
If Patrick Queesn isn't any good as a coverage ILB, then he will bust in Pgh. Steelers have been collecting downhill thumpers for years, and keep whiffing on the coverage guy since Shazier retired himself. They've added Devin Bush, Cole Holcomb, 900 year old Kwon Alexander, etc and have no answer for TEs, so there's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1767665647566123447?s=20

wins keep coming