Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Did the Silver Hand Recruits that come out of Mining Casualties always had a chance of looking different than the normal recruit token?

all silver hand recruits from any sources can now have one of 7 random arts, starting today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Excelzior posted:

all silver hand recruits from any sources can now have one of 7 random arts, starting today

Also they decided to count them as seperate minions which means it fucks up cards like Tyr's Tears!
Also also, most of them are ugly as poo poo!

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
They look fine?

Also, “cards like Tyr’s Tears” can basically be read as “specifically Tyr’s Tears.” Essentially no other cards are affected. (I guess you could theoretically generate Mass Resurrection or Lesser Diamond Spellstone.)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah I think they look pretty good.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's a bug anyway

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
They look so different from the orignal Silver Hand Dude, it's a completely different art style that clashes hard when one is on the same board as the old dude.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I mean, that’s not surprising; like most of the first year of cards, the original Silver Hand art is reused art from the old WoW TCG, while the new ones use Hearthstone’s modern style. It doesn’t clash any more than when any other old card is on the board with a newer one.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Dunno about you Americans, but here in Oceanic I’m beginning to wonder if I’m the last human player in a sea of ColourNoun bots. The only variation is which deck they’re mangling.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I hadn't looked at Heavy Plate's artwork before, it's pretty funny.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Shockeh posted:

Dunno about you Americans, but here in Oceanic I’m beginning to wonder if I’m the last human player in a sea of ColourNoun bots. The only variation is which deck they’re mangling.

It was pretty bad for a month or two, but this latest ban push they did last week seems to have trimmed the numbers down significantly for me personally. Although that also coincided with a new season after I actually played some Standard again so maybe my MMR got out of bot-level instead?

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I'm in dad legend in standard (diamond 5) and i'm seeing ~50% bots for the first time basically ever. Would make hitting legend this season vastly quicker than usual.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Looking through the core swap and yay zilliax is going away

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

kater posted:

Looking through the core swap and yay zilliax is going away

Sorta

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm only in, like, the middle of silver but I'm on a 12 game winning streak because of bots lol

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I reinstalled a couple days ago and got bombarded with the free packs, crafted a paladin deck and then dropped 2 games from unranked to plat and I think 99% of the matches were ColorNoun bots or random strings of letters. A few Chinese players too but unknown if they were real or bots, they all had default card backs.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m envious as gently caress of y’all. Maybe it’s cuz I hit Legend last two months but at Plat 5 it’s wall-to-wall real players who are sweaty as gently caress. So this makes me think it’s largely an MMR thing. I miss playing against ColorNouns :(

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

On EU playing standard only I don’t think I’ve ever met a bot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I got to D5 on like the 4th but I haven't been able to get past D3 since then, I'm going to run out of time before the expansion/rotation and then I'll be hosed.

lol

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
So, what old decks would be worth trying out now? Big Demon Hunter? Seed Hunter?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

skaboomizzy posted:

I got to D5 on like the 4th but I haven't been able to get past D3 since then, I'm going to run out of time before the expansion/rotation and then I'll be hosed.

lol

You'll probably be good since the start of rotation will have people running a ton of unoptimized decks while people figure out the meta.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Blasmeister posted:

On EU playing standard only I don’t think I’ve ever met a bot.

Also EU, I've reached dad legend last month, currently on my way to diamond, I've met... one, perhaps two bots?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Sandwolf posted:

I’m envious as gently caress of y’all. Maybe it’s cuz I hit Legend last two months but at Plat 5 it’s wall-to-wall real players who are sweaty as gently caress. So this makes me think it’s largely an MMR thing. I miss playing against ColorNouns :(

yeah, it rules

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Now thatI've been looking out for them I did see a 'colour noun' playing mech rogue very badly the other day. Possibly another one too but I couldn't be sure.

Im not sure I mind the odd one to be honest. No roping, no bm, at least!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Valiantman posted:

So, what old decks would be worth trying out now? Big Demon Hunter? Seed Hunter?

Relic of Dimensions is the only DH card that got unnerfed, so idk about Big DH

Hunters should be having a nice time right now, Wild Spirits especially should be a 2-of in every non Reno deck. The 5/4 stag with a 4/2 weapon is just hilariously busted

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Szarrukin posted:

Also EU, I've reached dad legend last month, currently on my way to diamond, I've met... one, perhaps two bots?

yep bots don’t seem to be a thing any more on EU, I could use the easy wins :smith:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

With Rennethal unnerfed, triple blood dk has never been better!

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
what's bm mean?

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
"bad manner", I think it's from Korean starcraft players some 25 years ago. It's when you do dumb stuff just to try to be rude to an opponent. Suppose you could start your turn by killing your opponent with a fireball, but instead you spam emotes until the rope burns down before killing your opponent with a fireball.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
In this context, “bad manners.” Emoting constantly, letting the timer run down even if you don’t have any plays or your play is obvious, dragging the game out instead of going for lethal.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Fireballing your own face/minions when you have assembled an infinite fireball combo.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
I feel that last point (refusing to finish off your opponent) requires a bit of nuance. Sometimes I'm messing around and I'm not aiming to win necessarily as I'm just trying to pull something fun or silly off. I wouldn't call that BM, but if I've been dominating the match and I'm refusing to finish my opponent and am just stretching it out, THEN it's BM.

YMMV but I'd also say using the "Greetings" emote (except at the start of a match obviously). I know it's literally just an emote and it doesn't matter, but something about someone using it before they pull some dickish move just really irritates me - which is why I squelch more often than not seeing as it feels like most people do use "Greetings" specifically for that purpose.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I will ALWAYS "Howdy partner" after using Reno, Lone Ranger

Sorry but not sorry

I also use it whenever the opponent uses HIS Reno, Lone Ranger.

He's just so god damned smug :allears:

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Okay, using "Greetings" just after playing a Hero card is also acceptable. Your emotes change for a reason after all.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
My deck has zero The One-Amalgam Band. Watch as I play three for the win:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/R95GzE8XEvDq9wKwZbH2Gp

No updates, still not Ranked good. Pure RNG fun:

### Sir Finley, Clown
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Clownfish
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 1x (4) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (4) Murlocula
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 2x (4) Tidelost Burrower
# 1x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 1x (5) Rotgill
# 1x (5) Scargil
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAc+LBQjgBYQXm8QCnJsDqO4D5bAE1bIE9KAFC78XjJQDtZgD3ewDlfADq6AEssEEws4Exc4E7tMEy+IEAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the brawl this week is just the puzzle from the new secret challenge where you need to accurately guess the names of the cards shown on the board

it was surprisingly easy for me (I'm usually terrible with names) but it must be hell for the visually impaired or just newer players

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I do get ticked off when someone Well Plays me before they win, or do that Mistake one on a play they think I made a mistake doing.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I appreciate all the custom characters say weird things that I’d have to put effort into ascertaining which BM it’s attempting to be and thus, can ignore them all.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I do get ticked off when someone Well Plays me before they win, or do that Mistake one on a play they think I made a mistake doing.

I Well Play people after I could win but don't and am giving them time and space for some fun plays or exp and the win. Most people think i'm an rear end in a top hat and concede. Some of them get it and are willing to move on to the real game.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm guilty of spamming "Such skill" with young Xyrella whenever I win against someone who roped every turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
The general BMs I notice during the ~2nd week of each month in casual wild tend to be aggressive emote spamming endgamr or spamming a "Hello" or "Thanks" emote right as they kill.

This happens regularly, but again I'm particularly referring to the uptick I see early in the month.

I don't think roping is as common, maybe because they realize that in Casual people would probably leave if they roped. They want to get into a position of victory and spam.

Occasionally they think they are about to win and start emoting right as I flip the tables on them. When this happens, I just emote a single "Thanks" or whatever they were spamming. However they usually win since they're playing tier 1 netdecks.