Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s a big bad shart tonight y’all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sleep with the vicious posted:

Someone on the Vow Discord made a great point that WWE storytelling isn't cinema

Well I mean. There are some really loving bad movies out there. And I don't mean the "so bad it's good" movies that are at least entertaining, but some real loving turds that are so boring and repulsive that you'd have to pay me to sit through them.

That might be Triple Paul's level, or at least a level he can reach if he tries real hard.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmao sorry mick theyre gonna cgi logan paul's energy drink into all the old stuff too, its called brand synergy old man

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
They are releasing new title belts to hype mania

They loving suck

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

shiksa posted:

lmao sorry mick theyre gonna cgi logan paul's energy drink into all the old stuff too, its called brand synergy old man

the main event of wrestlemania 17 but it's ai generated logan paul vs mr. beast

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

zetamind2000 posted:

the main event of wrestlemania 17 but it's ai generated logan paul vs mr. beast

You think you’re special

You do, I can see it in your eyes

“I need to beat you, Logan. I need to beat you more than anything you can ever imagine”

YEAH THIS TIME I’MA LET IT ALL OUT

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rotinaj posted:

They loving suck

i can't imagine what fan would want a classic title belt from 40 years ago but ALSO have the strap have a new gaudy wrap.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They actually refer to it as the PG era themselves?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

so boring and repulsive that you'd have to pay me to sit through them.

So, WWE is Salo?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The 120 Days of Smackdown

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rotinaj posted:

They loving suck

hell yeah now even the few good belts they ever had they can ruin too

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

rotinaj posted:

They loving suck

Only $700!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

rotinaj posted:

They loving suck

They ruined the eagle belt

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shard posted:

They ruined the eagle belt

we thought it couldn't be done

congrats wwe

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

1glitch0 posted:

i can't imagine what fan would want a classic title belt from 40 years ago but ALSO have the strap have a new gaudy wrap.

Setting the over/under on the number of dorks they show at Mania holding more than one of these at once at 1.5.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They actually refer to it as the PG era themselves?

God they did, that's funny and kinda sad.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i miss the big gold belt

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
On a side note, I really hope that it's just a thing for Logan Paul's matches and not like... the whole PPV. Perfect dick heel move, terrible overall move if true.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I always take my Tony award replicas with me when I go to see a Broadway show.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Astro7x posted:

On a side note, I really hope that it's just a thing for Logan Paul's matches and not like... the whole PPV. Perfect dick heel move, terrible overall move if true.

TKO has been very excited about adding more ring sponsorship and basically outright mocking Vince for not doing it and being so against it. They may be okay with rape and sex trafficking but they draw the line at not monetizing every inch of property.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

It doesn't fit with Mankind/Taker. But the Prime BS won't detract from the current product because nobody cares about the wrestling.

Also nobody cares about the product.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I have a faint amount of nostalgia for how wcw would put snickers or Reese’s or slim jim on stuff

I feel like the tech to make that stuff can’t be as slippy and hard to wrestle on as it was 25 years ago

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Kennel posted:

I always take my Tony award replicas with me when I go to see a Broadway show.

I'm the type of guy who chanted "YOU DESERVE IT" at the cast of Kimberly Akimbo last year

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Cabbit posted:

God they did, that's funny and kinda sad.

I swear a Wikepedia rabbit hole years ago told me it was called the "reality era"

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The D in Detroit posted:

I swear a Wikepedia rabbit hole years ago told me it was called the "reality era"

It was, due to The Miz. WWE seems to be trying to pretend that the Reality Era now started with Punk's "pipe bomb" promo. Very weird.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rotinaj posted:

I have a faint amount of nostalgia for how wcw would put snickers or Reese’s or slim jim on stuff

I feel like the tech to make that stuff can’t be as slippy and hard to wrestle on as it was 25 years ago

WCW and AEW do it right by having the big show logo in the center and the smaller sponsor logo in the corners. I’ve always thought that was a fun look for the canvases, especially when stuff like the Halloween Havoc logo was so visually interesting.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sometimes heard it referred to as the HD era. The time period didn’t really have anything easily definable as an end point or philosophy despite a bunch changing during it.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I know it’s the cool thing to just poo poo all over WWE in here because they’re a bunch of chuds and match quality is clearly hindered by a different set of rules, but lovely all over the story and production in WWE when the alternative is a bunch of awesome wrestlers having quality matches shot with 30 year old camera equipment with minimal storytelling.

Theres got to be a happy medium between the two.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

I know it’s the cool thing to just poo poo all over WWE in here because they’re a bunch of chuds and match quality is clearly hindered by a different set of rules, but lovely all over the story and production in WWE when the alternative is a bunch of awesome wrestlers having quality matches shot with 30 year old camera equipment with minimal storytelling.

whats the non wwe promotion you are talking about?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

30 year old camera equipment?

✅ the study

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

TheKingslayer posted:

The 120 Days of Smackdown

lol

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

sure AEW has all the best wrestling but it doesn't have a giant hologram skeleton for any of its PPVs so who can say which is better

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Parallax posted:

sure AEW has all the best wrestling but it doesn't have a giant hologram skeleton for any of its PPVs so who can say which is better

I have to admit, I would be pretty stoked if a giant skeleton showed up for a Penta match

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

WWE went full HD in 2008, TNA and NJPW in 2013 and 14 respectively, AEW had to wait until much later, probably because of woke.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Goblin Queen posted:

I have to admit, I would be pretty stoked if a giant skeleton showed up for a Penta match

Seriously more skeletons please

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're actually only 26 year old cameras. here's a shot from dynamite

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Preferring WWE because every extra LED was earned through blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wish AEW shot their shows with 30 year old cameras. That would be sick as hell.