Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Twerk from Home posted:

I was surprised that Still Fly doesn't actually have a reference to specific wheel size, but does specify "Sumitomo tires and they gotta be run flat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCd6UHR-3I

me too, that was one of the first places I checked to try to find something

Young Buck round about references 22s in that he says "They said 22s wouldn't fit but they liars" which implies that he in fact does have 22s although it's not truly confirmed. He's a Pirelli guy though. edit: he also references 24s I guess.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

me too, that was one of the first places I checked to try to find something

Young Buck round about references 22s in that he says "They said 22s wouldn't fit but they liars" which implies that he in fact does have 22s although it's not truly confirmed. He's a Pirelli guy though. edit: he also references 24s I guess.

Yeah there's a bunch I missed after I listened to it again (and looked at lyrics). 24s for sure.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

:corsair: in my day they would just rap about the number of spokes they had!

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Racecars also do it partly so they can fit bigger brake discs inside the wheel, but that's also irrelevant to road cars.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Dr. Lunchables posted:

:corsair: in my day they would just rap about the number of spokes they had!

Proper rims only have five spokes.

Well Lil Flip only has 20s as he notes here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdK-u-Y5AFo

But his rival T.I. has at least one up on him with 24s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1u9u7mq9Ck

But then Funk Master Flex is rimmed up and raised up real nuts like, presumably on 26s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvVut-dedXg

And then you got some cats ridin on 40s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_VImPZTI7I

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

wesleywillis posted:

Proper rims only have five spokes.

Well Lil Flip only has 20s as he notes here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdK-u-Y5AFo

But his rival T.I. has at least one up on him with 24s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1u9u7mq9Ck

But then Funk Master Flex is rimmed up and raised up real nuts like, presumably on 26s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvVut-dedXg

And then you got some cats ridin on 40s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_VImPZTI7I

Proper wheels have 100-150 spokes.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Proper wheels have 100-150 spokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0_Xo-sOUs0

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I still have a few issues of Boxes, Bubbles and Donks laying around here somewhere

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So we think we know what car we want to buy, and we’ve found it in stock at multiple dealers. We’ve asked for and gotten the supposed out the door price from a few of them. What is our next move as far as negotiating?

As we have asked for prices we’ve been cagey about whether we’d finance or pay cash but we do intend to finance through the dealership with a bit less than half the purchase price down. At what point do we admit this?

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

You "admit it" up front. Dealerships make money off of financing, so they want to finance through them.

You should also have a rate quote from a/your bank beforehand so you don't get ripped off.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It’s also time to start playing dealers off each other. They both have the same product in stock, which one wants the sale more? It’s a wash to you.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SlapActionJackson posted:

You "admit it" up front. Dealerships make money off of financing, so they want to finance through them.

You should also have a rate quote from a/your bank beforehand so you don't get ripped off.

FYI if you qualify, Navy Federal Credit Union is offering 4.99% for 60 months if the dealer doesn’t have anything better. Mine doesn’t even want to try to beat that.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

So we think we know what car we want to buy, and we’ve found it in stock at multiple dealers. We’ve asked for and gotten the supposed out the door price from a few of them. What is our next move as far as negotiating?

As we have asked for prices we’ve been cagey about whether we’d finance or pay cash but we do intend to finance through the dealership with a bit less than half the purchase price down. At what point do we admit this?

Don't admit to it. Come to them with a preapproval from another bank and let them try to match or beat it. If you finance through them, wait 2-3 months and then just pay it off. Unless you're buying at a buy-here-pay-here lot it's most likely just a simple interest loan so you'll only have to pay interest for 3 months, and if you let them think you'll make them money on the financing they'll be more likely to cut you a deal elsewhere.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
In other words the "when" of financing is after you have agreed on price and trade in value. They'll want a payment method in mind when drafting the bill of sale.

It's hard to gotcha on price negotiations because anyone can change their mind at any time up till invoices or bills of sale are signed so if you get a sweet discount for being a bumbling bad loan taker earlier in the conversation they're just going to sigh and gently caress with the invoice when you whip out a credit union pre-approval.

Reiterating you need to come with outside financing even if you want to use the dealers unless you have an advertised (by dealer or manufacturer) rate you are planning to use. Dealers have an incentive to increase your rate in a non-transparent way because they basically get all that extra interest as a commission.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

I’m looking to buy my first ever car even though I’m in my mid 30s. I grew up in Florida and drove my dad’s and brother’s old mid 90s pathfinder, but after college moved to nyc and then ended up in seattle and have just been relying on public transportation and working from home, and occasionally borrowing a car or bumming a ride but recently make a bit more money and feel like it’s time.

Proposed Budget: 10k up front, 20k financed (30k total)
New or Used: either
Body Style: 4-door sedan, hatchback or small - mid size suv
How will you be using the car?: not a daily commute but probably 3-6 times a week for grocery runs, getting out to hiking / sports, potentially commuting in the future if I get a new job etc.
What aspects are most important to you?: safety, reliability, feels nice to drive, I’m also 6’2 if that makes a difference. Maybe AWD since I’m in the PNW, fuel efficiency

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Since "nice to drive" is on your list, I'll suggest a Mazda 3.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Have you heard the good news? The Prius died for our sins.

Your requirements sum up to a mainstream car or crossover you fit in. Mazda 3, Toyota Prius, Corolla or Camry, Honda Civic or Accord.

I'd rather be in one of those than the small crossovers if you're talking about nice to drive but if you dislike sitting in any of those it may be worth also investigating a Mazda CX-30, Toyota Corolla Cross, Honda HR-V. These are technically bad cars but might be right when your requirements are a car you like.

You can just barely get into base "real" crossovers: CX-5, Rav 4 or CR-V which you may more seriously consider depending on your fit into the above. Nothing you ask for justifies the price of these but they are out there when the hardest thing in your list is "will I fit."

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

I (once again) think it's time to trade in my 2013 Accord coupe for something more practical, and if possible I'd like to do it without acquiring a car payment. Is Carvana still a fair-enough exchange option for people who know nothing about the dealership minigame?

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 30, 2024

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Unsinkabear posted:

I (once again) think it's time to trade in my 2013 Accord coupe for something more practical, and if possible I'd like to do it without acquiring a car payment. Is Carvana still a fair-enough exchange option for people who know nothing about the dealership minigame?

You’ll overpay a bit over what a private seller would expect, and there are horror stories about them having awful backend issues with things like actually delivering title, but they deliver a car to your door and you can get a proper mechanic to do an inspection within the return period. It’s paying more money to avoid doing work, but then there’s the long-tail risk of title shenanigans.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

How does buying the actual car work... exactly? The price advertised on cars.com or on the windshield is that what I'll pay exactly once I show up to the dealership or should I expect extra fees or what not?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

If you are buying from the dealer there is an out the door price, which typically includes taxes, the title, and registration of the vehicle above the sticker price that you see on The Internet. It may also include a document fee for the dealer to kindly (:rolleyes:) process all that stuff for you. The dealer may try to add on other things, which you should absolutely decline.

If a private seller of a used car, what you see on the internet is what you pay the seller. You then have to get the title signed over, register the car, and pay applicable taxes. You usually have 30-90 days to do this stuff, depending on state.

People complain about doc fees but the older I get the more tolerant I am of paying like $195 to not have to go to the RMV.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My dad is going to need a new vehicle soon. He currently has a 2011 Rogue that he had to buy quickly after my brother totaled his car and its a piece of poo poo. He doesn't need much but it has to be easier to get into than a car, so suv or similar. So I guess I'm asking whats the current recommendation for "prius but six inches higher" if we want to stay on the cheaper side of things?

edit: he doesn't want Hyundai/Kia because he's afraid of the kia boyz

Cage fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 2, 2024

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Is he buying new or used? Either way, I'd recommend a RAV4 or CRV (although my mother in law had a few stinkers in recent memory).

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Nocheez posted:

Is he buying new or used? Either way, I'd recommend a RAV4 or CRV (although my mother in law had a few stinkers in recent memory).
Used, probably. Unless the prices are all still whacky.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You'll get better recommendations filling out the template but you're probably looking for the most Rav 4 or CR-V you can afford.

In the used space there's some more or less options depending on your budget and personal preferences ex. The Scion Xb isn't as high as a crossover but it's boxy nature makes it easier to get in and out which has made it popular with the grandpa faction.

There's the HR-V and C-HR (or Corolla Cross if you've got a bit more to spend) which is the least car you can buy on a lifted platform but these are relatively more recent, lower volume, and having the least car possible raised is usually annoying to live with. But it can help open the net when you want to find something cheap and in good shape.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

hybrid is the best version of a crv / rav4 but costs a lot. in CRV case that didnt' exist before 2020. I definitely much prefer the hybrid rav4 over the gas rental car version I drove for a few weeks.

but if budgeting heavily and getting an older used model.. gas option of those is a lot easier to find used than a hybrid. still paying a brand tax but the hybrid models have the highest tax because of desirability and are the ones that are hard to find used (I defaulted to buying new for a hybrid rav4)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

zedprime posted:

There's the HR-V and C-HR (or Corolla Cross if you've got a bit more to spend) which is the least car you can buy on a lifted platform but these are relatively more recent, lower volume, and having the least car possible raised is usually annoying to live with.

Why do you say this?

I was also looking for a “basically a Prius but six inches taller (and preferably with AWD)” and the smaller crossovers seemed better than those huge suvs.

Then again maybe I just need to get used to big cars after driving a small coupe for a decade.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
If you're not looking specifically at hybrid you can probably include the Mazda mx-3/30s and mx-5/50s, and the Subaru Forester as well. I would have looked far more closely at those had they had a hybrid drive train for my purchase last year.

Edit: the smallest raised car in a lineup is usually the cheapest price point, including in the choices of what goes in it. That can come off with some undesirable trade offs in things like power for the weight, amenities, interior volume, etc. At least, that's how I read it.

Roseo fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 2, 2024

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Why do you say this?

I was also looking for a “basically a Prius but six inches taller (and preferably with AWD)” and the smaller crossovers seemed better than those huge suvs.

Then again maybe I just need to get used to big cars after driving a small coupe for a decade.

you're buying a car with load carrying ability and you're really limiting its capabilites in that regard. the compact crossovers are fine (CR-V, et al), the subcompact are less useful (Corolla Cross, HR-V), and the weird little sporty ones are basically useless (CX-3, CH-R) although this segment is pretty dead

people (broadly) choose to drive a little coupe for fun to drive reasons but there's not much fun to drive when you add six inches of lift at the bottom of the price range, and you've lost out on a lot of utility

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Yeah, you basically get the instant hit on drivability that comes with raising the car. But also to fit it in the crossover body profile while also matching or increasing storage cubes, there's usually dumb trunk area compromises like annoying wheel wells, seat back placement, seat back operation etc. compared to the equivalent sedan or even hatchback.

"But it's just a grocery getter" is also the killing blow as the trunk areas can require you to stack bags or pull down a seat to get a weeks grocery's in some of those trunk plans.

Again it's maybe not worth excluding for a cheap crossover dragnet but it's worth being aware to check it out and think if you can deal with it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Am I crazy for liking the buick envista? Its cheap and still has a six speed transmission instead of a cvt.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cage posted:

Am I crazy for liking the buick envista? Its cheap and still has a six speed transmission instead of a cvt.

coupe body style CUVs are the fuckin dumbest poo poo in the world but in addition to that the Envista sucks and doesn't even offer any CUV utility seeing as how it's FWD only. its terrible acceleration will have you wishing they put a CVT on it

for what its worth I think the Envision is actually a pretty good car and I generally like Buicks :corsair:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
He doesn't need suv usefulness or awd, and not good acceleration isn't a big deal.

wow your 2nd sentence really changed after editing

Yeah I like the envision too bit its just a bit more than he'd want to spend I think.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Proposed Budget: As close to $30k as possible, willing to maybe go as high as $50k
New or Used: Preference for New, as I like to maximize life of vehicle and drive until they almost can’t drive any further. Not opposed to used for the right car, just keep in mind this is meant to be a “forever-ish” car.
Body Style: CUV or SUV
How will you be using the car?: This will be our dedicated “family hauler.” Wife and I currently have one kid and two dogs, with ideally one more child in the future. Grandparents also currently live with us. We would be using this mostly for carting the immediate family, but occasionally grand parents, or an aunt, or a horde of child’s friends would be along for the ride. From that perspective, a third row may be preferable, but we have not ruled out a two-row CUV and just taking two cars in those “EVERYONE is going out” scenarios. Those situations don’t currently happen often, so it may not be a big deal. Ideally, this would also be used for in-state/weekend road trips that just my wife and kid(s) would be going on.
What aspects are most important to you?
1. Reliability - this is replacing a Hyundai with “engine may erupt in flames at any time” issues.
2. Fuel economy - strongly considering hybrid.
3. Space - hoping for a vehicle that comfortably fits two rear-facing car seats (both of our current vehicles require the seat in front to move up slightly to accommodate the car seat) and eventually can comfortably cart around two kids all the way into their teen years.
4. Features - largely not too concerned with getting the top trim of any vehicle, but there are a handful of features I would for sure want, such as heated seats, Apple CarPlay, all the safety bells and whistles, etc. features I absolutely do not want or need include sunroof, built-in satnav, WiFi, gigantic touchscreen infotainment.
5. It has to “look cool.”I don’t really care about this too much, but my wife cares a lot. That being said, despite the objective utilitarian superiority, she absolutely will refuse a minivan, so please refrain from suggesting one. It is a battle I cannot win.

Also, since it’s important, I live in the US.

I have a strong preference for Toyota or Mazda due to known reliability. I am not opposed to Honda, but I haven’t really followed any of their development over the last ten years or so… they’re currently a bit of a blind spot if the thread happens to have good insights.

Some cars we have already looked at and consider to be in contention:
- Mazda CX-5: worried this may be too small, especially during the car seat phase
- RAV4 Hybrid: currently seems like a decent option, but I really dislike that Toyota requires the most expensive options package to get the safety bells and whistles. It also seems like I am forced to spend more and get a moonroof if I want heated seats.
- Grand Highlander Hybrid: This seems like a decent compromise if we get the lowest trim, but that seems to be one of the hottest selling cars right now. There is no inventory for a GH Hybrid that costs less than $55k.

Cars we have ruled out:
- 4Runner: abysmal MPG.
- Mazda CX-x0 series cars: platform is too new for my liking. I prefer cars with established generation history.

EDIT: I would also actually strongly consider an ev if there is a good one that fits my needs! I think my wife is (understandably) anti-Tesla, so a Model Y is out of the question though.

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 2, 2024

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Used Panamera Sport Turismo e-hybrid

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Gin_Rummy posted:

Proposed Budget: As close to $30k as possible, willing to maybe go as high as $50k
New or Used: Preference for New, as I like to maximize life of vehicle and drive until they almost can’t drive any further. Not opposed to used for the right car, just keep in mind this is meant to be a “forever-ish” car.
Body Style: CUV or SUV
How will you be using the car?: This will be our dedicated “family hauler.” Wife and I currently have one kid and two dogs, with ideally one more child in the future. Grandparents also currently live with us. We would be using this mostly for carting the immediate family, but occasionally grand parents, or an aunt, or a horde of child’s friends would be along for the ride. From that perspective, a third row may be preferable, but we have not ruled out a two-row CUV and just taking two cars in those “EVERYONE is going out” scenarios. Those situations don’t currently happen often, so it may not be a big deal. Ideally, this would also be used for in-state/weekend road trips that just my wife and kid(s) would be going on.
What aspects are most important to you?
1. Reliability - this is replacing a Hyundai with “engine may erupt in flames at any time” issues.
2. Fuel economy - strongly considering hybrid.
3. Space - hoping for a vehicle that comfortably fits two rear-facing car seats (both of our current vehicles require the seat in front to move up slightly to accommodate the car seat) and eventually can comfortably cart around two kids all the way into their teen years.
4. Features - largely not too concerned with getting the top trim of any vehicle, but there are a handful of features I would for sure want, such as heated seats, Apple CarPlay, all the safety bells and whistles, etc. features I absolutely do not want or need include sunroof, built-in satnav, WiFi, gigantic touchscreen infotainment.
5. It has to “look cool.”I don’t really care about this too much, but my wife cares a lot. That being said, despite the objective utilitarian superiority, she absolutely will refuse a minivan, so please refrain from suggesting one. It is a battle I cannot win.

Also, since it’s important, I live in the US.

I have a strong preference for Toyota or Mazda due to known reliability. I am not opposed to Honda, but I haven’t really followed any of their development over the last ten years or so… they’re currently a bit of a blind spot if the thread happens to have good insights.

Some cars we have already looked at and consider to be in contention:
- Mazda CX-5: worried this may be too small, especially during the car seat phase
- RAV4 Hybrid: currently seems like a decent option, but I really dislike that Toyota requires the most expensive options package to get the safety bells and whistles. It also seems like I am forced to spend more and get a moonroof if I want heated seats.
- Grand Highlander Hybrid: This seems like a decent compromise if we get the lowest trim, but that seems to be one of the hottest selling cars right now. There is no inventory for a GH Hybrid that costs less than $55k.

Cars we have ruled out:
- 4Runner: abysmal MPG.
- Mazda CX-x0 series cars: platform is too new for my liking. I prefer cars with established generation history.

EDIT: I would also actually strongly consider an ev if there is a good one that fits my needs! I think my wife is (understandably) anti-Tesla, so a Model Y is out of the question though.

if reliability and gas mileage are your biggest concern and you're uneasy about Honda and you're already entertaining it... welcome fellow rav4 hybrid owner.

xse looks the best imo with its styling (gloss instead of matte plastic), different suspension, better headlights, and has most of the options checked off in its base package and usually comes with heated seats. but yeah it will include moonroof. anyways xse is what I got but yeah you pay some extra for it. but if heated seats are on your list of requirements prob every manufacture is gonna hose you to get them. the interior is a little nicer as well (compared to a lower trim), with more nicely stitched plush panels instead of the fake hard plastic ones.

there were a few things on there I don't care about like crossbars but yeah toyota allotments are difficult to work with. what you can build on their website isn't what shows up at the dealers. I was pleased to get a color I really liked and the crossbars were just about the only thing I didn't want. but did come with moonroof and all that

edit: It helped me to go drive more than one rav4 trim, in the end I couldn't stomach the ones lower than the xse so I agree Toyota seems to have that locked down to make you want to pay more

edit2: rav4 prime is plugin hybrid version but its' like $10k more. That's more than I wanted to pay for it so I stuck with the normal hybrid. Plus there's still barely anywhere to charge it around me. sort of hoping maybe next time I buy a car there will only be plug in hybrid rav4 and the price will be less insane

In terms of rav4 cons I'm pretty happy with it but I'll list them out:

somewhat harsher ride. I still prefer it to the CRV but you should test drive all the cars because the rav4 is certainly harsher than some of the others. and the base trim suspension is a lot floatier imo.
literally everybody in the northeast usa seems to have one
the styling of the back/hitch isn't great imo, but then what cross over suv is... they all kinda look exactly the same. if a ford escape parks next to you the cars are identical. (this is probably gonna be one of the biggest design changes in the 2025 refresh but I think it's wise to avoid first run Toyotas)

ethanol fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 2, 2024

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Is the 2024 RAV4 a first run model? Or are you referring specifically to the Prime?

I generally agree that the benefits of the Prime are not worth the price. It basically would just end up saving gas while running errands and could not get either myself or my wife to work on one charge alone.

knox_harrington posted:

Used Panamera Sport Turismo e-hybrid

This is the one.

/thread

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 2, 2024

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I mean there is heavy pointing 2025 will be a full redesign for rav4, so if you wait a year it's going to be a first year model across the board. I personally didn't like the new design direction of the tacoma.. so that being an indication.. I like how the rav4 looks now and it's a pretty well proven design with a fair amount of worked out bugs.. so I decided 2024 was the way to go for me as its very late model.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

ethanol posted:

I mean there is heavy pointing 2025 will be a full redesign for rav4, so if you wait a year it's going to be a first year model across the board. I personally didn't like the new design direction of the tacoma.. I like how the rav4 looks now and it's a pretty well proven design with a fair amount of worked out bugs.. so I decided 2024 was the way to go for me as its very late model.

Oh, gotcha, I understand what you mean. Yes absolutely agreed, I would be getting either a ‘24 model or (if extremely lucky) an unsold ‘23 at perhaps a bargain price.

EDIT: How do you feel about the softex seating? We know for sure we do not want fabric, and everything I’ve read implies the softex is much more durable and easier to maintain than real leather. I’ve only ever had leather seats in my cars though, so I only have hearsay to go off of there.

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm a bit perplexed at "maybe considering a three row SUV" but the ones you've listed as prime candidates are all the second-smallest or smallest two-row crossovers their respective companies make. The CRV/CX5/RAV4 aren't cramped by any means but I also wouldn't call the back seat "roomy" in any of them. Four adults will put you in fairly close quarters. You'll definitely take a fuel economy hit but if rear seat and road trip comfort are priorities, I'd also be looking at the Highlander as already mentioned, or the Honda Passport/Pilot.