Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

Good luck! I’ve always wanted to get on the consultant side of things but as a sales/account management lifer idk if I really have the background.

I feel like I've been very lucky to get the opportunities that I do. I understand that Luck is a superpower so I'm grateful for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

People mentioned Tropic Thunder, but they didn't post video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWNqkQfjTE&t=15s

Fun fact Tom based his character on producer Joel Silver who I had the utmost honor and privilege to work with on SEVEN different films.

I hope he burns in hell

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Anyone want a training Davy Crockett W54 nuclear warhead? https://hibid.com/lot/187525272/cold-war-us-davy-crockett-w54-nuclear-warhead

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I’d use that as the support for a glass table so it’d be visible.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’d hang it outside over my front door as a warning

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

a sexual elk posted:

I’d hang it outside over my front door as a warning

Use it as the ringer for wind chimes?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I know they were never actually used, but even at the ax range of 13,000 feet, wouldn't the people firing it die as well?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love butts

I prefer butts with fat and muscle, rather than just fat

Hope the Royal butt is okay

Idk why Kate would want/need/pursue a bbl but speculating wildly is fun :)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Air Skwirl posted:

I know they were never actually used, but even at the ax range of 13,000 feet, wouldn't the people firing it die as well?

If nobody survives the firing of it, nobody can warn anyone about how dangerous it is.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Air Skwirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiM-RzPHyGs

They fired one as part of an exercise. The W54 was a very small (relatively speaking) bomb but probably still a good day to find any reason to be somewhere else

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My favourite deep dives is the dumb ideas to deploy nuclear weapons in the 50s and 60s. Gimme my nuclear mortars.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BlindSite posted:

My favourite deep dives is the dumb ideas to deploy nuclear weapons in the 50s and 60s. Gimme my nuclear mortars.

Everyone knows about Operation Plowshare, but few remember Eisenhauer gave a speech to the UN about how loving awesome nukes were:

https://www.iaea.org/about/history/atoms-for-peace-speech

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I gotta say, the "Nobody CARES about the Royals now here's a 50 tweet Zapruder breakdown about what I think happened" genre is definitely top tier content.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

There were all sorts of batshit plans for delivering nukes during the Cold War era. And those are just the ones we know about! Like project Pluto. Nukes propelled by their own nuclear reactor that travel at extremely low altitudes at Mach 3 what could go wrong

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pluto

E: also I think the concept of any high profile person straight up vanishing and increasingly bad cover stories for it coming out is pretty intriguing even if I do not give one single poo poo about the royals in particular. Like if it was Beyoncé or Tom Brady or whatever I’d still be interested

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 12, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ether Frenzy posted:

I gotta say, the "Nobody CARES about the Royals now here's a 50 tweet Zapruder breakdown about what I think happened" genre is definitely top tier content.

Lmao on that we agree. Chat thread killin me today on the “Jesus who cares” meter

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
You can not care about them and also think the dumb poo poo that happens to them is entertaining/funny hth

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

You can not care about them and also think the dumb poo poo that happens to them is entertaining/funny hth

lol Kate is definitely at the bottom of the North Sea

https://x.com/mrliamwest/status/1767559938841231523?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
they'll blame it on meghan somehow

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Like what you like and all that but thats the opposite of not caring lol

Embrace it!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Having recently read Command & Control, I’m amazed we didn’t accidentally blow up a couple of states between bombs falling off carts, plane crashes, and having all the PALs set to all 0s on some missiles :psyduck:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Like what you like and all that but thats the opposite of not caring lol

Embrace it!

Paying oblique attention doesn’t always mean you’re invested. I don’t give a poo poo about a bunch of diapered inbred shitbags but their weirdness (and suffering) is often entertaining.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I care about bad things happening to the royal family and will consume as much info about that as possible

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've always been fascinated by all the crazy nuclear tests the US has done. My favorite is the underground test done to free up natural gas deposits (yes, literal nuclear fracking) that worked exceptionally well. Then they realized it made the gas radioactive which made it useless.

And tangentially related, the rocket JPL tested that used straight up mercury as the fuel.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LeeMajors posted:

lol Kate is definitely at the bottom of the North Sea

https://x.com/mrliamwest/status/1767559938841231523?s=20

Either she’s dead or she’s gained weight, I can’t see any other possibility

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Either she’s dead or she’s gained weight, I can’t see any other possibility

Equally disqualifying to the webtoed royal freaks.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The thing I’m just so :psyduck: over is that they know that people are going to pick every bit of this apart, especially now that that family pic is proven a photoshop. So of course every pic that gets released in relation to it is going to be over analyzed. At this point they are just better off not saying anything but they just keep shoveling this fake poo poo out there and it’s hilarious

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

It’s almost like the inbred hillbillies with no real qualifications aren’t that smart

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

No Butt Stuff posted:

It’s almost like the inbred hillbillies with no real qualifications aren’t that smart

you'll have to be more specific

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I find it hard to believe that it’s the family doing this and not some PR firm that is making a ridiculous amount of money for as dumb as they apparently are

But if it is the family that makes it funnier somehow

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

they'll blame it on meghan somehow

We're way behind the curve and are only watching Suits now. We're just on season 2 and drat does she and Mike Ross keep having that Ross/Rachel dynamic where they both do really stupid things.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

We're way behind the curve and are only watching Suits now. We're just on season 2 and drat does she and Mike Ross keep having that Ross/Rachel dynamic where they both do really stupid things.

They’re making a new Suits based in LA that has the guy that played Green Arrow as the lead

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Alaois posted:

I care about bad things happening to the royal family and will consume as much info about that as possible

Humor is the last weapon we have against the rich and powerful of the world.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

If Kate had a BBL she would have needed donor fat because she had no body fat anywhere else on her body to harvest from. Imagine the honor of donating your fat to the royals. WOW.

I still think she's in deep recovery for an eating disorder. She is painfully thin. I want to fix her biscuits and gravy with sweet tea made with real sugar.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Braksgirl posted:

If Kate had a BBL she would have needed donor fat because she had no body fat anywhere else on her body to harvest from. Imagine the honor of donating your fat to the royals. WOW.

I still think she's in deep recovery for an eating disorder. She is painfully thin. I want to fix her biscuits and gravy with sweet tea made with real sugar.

I was going to say that the only reason a BBL was positied is because some blogger said it takes that long to recover from one, which is only kind of true. And also, yes you need to have fat elsewhere to do it. It's also super dumb because it would be immediately noticeable the second she was spotted. Also pasty british dudes like William love tiny, flat butts.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I think another one of the realistic theories is some sort of intestinal surgery since those can have incredibly long recovery times as well (and they'd probably want to hide something like an ostomy bag)

Braksgirl posted:

There's an adorable video of British schoolchildren trying biscuits&gravy, southern fried chicken, and sweet tea. It's fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdbFnv4yWQ

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 13, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If it was cosmetic surgery something went horribly wrong with it since they've had to cancel several previously scheduled appearances and they wouldn't be like "oh yeah, this surgery takes 6 weeks to heal from for most people, let's have cutting ribbons in Wales two weeks from now." Plus, like, every time she had a kid she was in front of cameras within like 24 hours. The fact they are putting out fake photos of her trying to pretend she's okay makes me think it's either Braksgirl's theory of an eating disorder or Fiz's nurse's theory of domestic violence. And the real conspiracy part of my brain is now wondering if King Charles' cancer diagnosis was fake to distract people from the fact we haven't seen Kate in a while, or real but the incredibly common highly treatable type of prostate cancer men of his age frequently get.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I think another one of the realistic theories is some sort of intestinal surgery since those can have incredibly long recovery times as well (and they'd probably want to hide something like an ostomy bag)

There's an adorable video of British schoolchildren trying biscuits&gravy, southern fried chicken, and sweet tea. It's fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzdbFnv4yWQ

Thanks for reminding me of this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNbVS5fNNM

Also biscuits & gravy reminds me of something I tried in Maryland, which apparently is a thing in Mid-Atlantic states:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry5Du60WPGU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Also, the woman that they claim William cheated on Kate with, seems to be not nearly as attractive as Kate.

So either Kate is a boring gently caress or that other woman is loving kinky as hell. Or both!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Canned Sunshine posted:

Also, the woman that they claim William cheated on Kate with, seems to be not nearly as attractive as Kate.

So either Kate is a boring gently caress or that other woman is loving kinky as hell. Or both!

His dad cheated on Princess Diana with Camilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

His dad cheated on Princess Diana with Camilla.

Besides it apparently running in the family, my comment still stands, just also applicable to his father.