Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Played a bunch on the latest update with the spawn rate reduction on charger + bile titan. Feels fine, I actually didn't think the issue was the spawn rate, it was just people not knowing how to take out titans and refusing to coordinate.

When I have played with a squad that communicates and we get a guy with backpack/supporting its a completely different game. I swear the people who complain about the railgun + spawnrate just want to put the shield on and go on their adventure. I feel like now you really gotta rely on your team more and I see way more defensive strategems like sentries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

just had a mission where the game wouldn't count us as having entered the pelican so we had to just run out reinforcements and die to end it. I'm seeing bugs more and more often.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The new 9 is like old 7 or something like that. Big kill streaks with clusters is cool and that but it is pretty easy now

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Do you get more samples on 9 vs 7?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The new tower mission seems buggy, after barely managing to defend all 3 towers made out of paper as hunters flew over to swarm them, it told us to prepare the towers and to extract and then it swapped to defending the same tower again we already did.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Tom Tucker posted:

Do you get more samples on 9 vs 7?

theres more super samples so if you can play 9s and want SS do 9s. I dunno about the overall amount of samples.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Higher difficulties have increased numbers of samples of all types.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Owl Inspector posted:

just had a mission where the game wouldn't count us as having entered the pelican so we had to just run out reinforcements and die to end it. I'm seeing bugs more and more often.

This can happen whenever anyone hits the landing pad with explosions or strategems. A 500kg/380mm can leave it sitting in what appears to be the same exact place but it just doesn't register entries anymore.

It's similar to the bug where if you hit the shuttle with a hellpod everyone else outside looking at it sees it go flying and can then only extract if they can get to their model of it and get through the door in the back. I've seen it fly like 1,000m off into the ocean so extraction is completely broken more than you'd think.

"Don't gently caress with the shuttle" as a rule fixes most of that.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

terminid tower suicide missions are spawning more bile titans than i've ever seen in my life.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Astrochicken posted:

terminid tower suicide missions are spawning more bile titans than i've ever seen in my life.

On what difficulty?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

BitBasher posted:

On what difficulty?

extra super duper hard

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Jerkface posted:

theres more super samples so if you can play 9s and want SS do 9s. I dunno about the overall amount of samples.

Yes the overall amount of samples increase. This is done by making more samples spawn anywhere they normally do. It isn't guaranteed on spawn of a mission map but it is a noticeable difference overall.

A suicide spore tower might have 1-4 samples around it's base. Helldive usually has 6+. I've gotten 2 commons and a rare from 7 and 4 common 3 rare from a 9.

Stalker lairs at 7 can have 2 common 1 rare and at 9 they can have 3 common 3 rare.

It's not consistent and seems to be generated on a range so you might get a Difficulty 9 point of interest with lovely samples but in general there is a noticeable difference.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I think the sample play is to play enough 7-9's for the small amount of super samples you need for the final upgrades and spam <7 for easier to scour points of interest and extract with 20-30 a mission on bug missions.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I played one termicide mission and it was like a seismic scan mission except without any patrols, side objectives or bases. Just press the button, shoot the wave of bugs that spawns, move to the next button. There were chargers and titans and so on but with no distractions everybody was together and bugs are a joke if you have enough dps so there was zero issues. There wasn't any bile spitters (put bile spitters in every bug mission arrowhead) but there was nursery spitters so we were playing on kiddy mode, still higher than the baby mode of regular bugs. I didn't even notice if the objectives could take any damage, and if so where from.

Works on my Super Destroyer. Just shoot the bugs. Maybe you're not believing in Managed Democracy enough.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Played a tower defense mission and people not knowing what to do made it last forever and then my game crashed after we defended the 3rd tower. I have to say I can't actually complain about the game mode though because you literally just get to obliterate wave after wave of bugs and its quite satisfying.

Chargers are an absolute joke now

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

We did a suicide mission termicide tower and didn't see a single heavy enemy, so your milage may vary.

The sound design in the game owns and the sounds the batteries and stuff makes own. Plus it looks cool, and is massive.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Okay, the flamethrower is actually amazing for bug missions if you use it right. I've been running solo blitz missions on Suicide (7) to farm samples quickly and it's been indispensable for dealing with huge swarms. You have to run around clearing out any hunters that might leap at you from a pack with normal weapons first, but after that everything that's left (other than chargers) will largely just be armored bugs that march at you slowly that you can usually clear with a single magazine of just torching down the oncoming wave. Plus it's handy for clearing eggs in missions with those.

Too bad I got DCed halfway through a mission twice in a row today so I haven't actually gotten to complete any runs yet though, seems like the servers are getting stressed a little. :smith:

BastardySkull posted:

We did a suicide mission termicide tower and didn't see a single heavy enemy, so your milage may vary.

Yeesh, when the new mission type first came out I regularly had 2-3 bile titans active at a time, so maybe they finally tweaked something on the server end to bring the heavy spawns down like they meant to.

Vanguard Warden fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 13, 2024

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Turin Turambar posted:

I see level 40-50 players using them,so I guess it's all about knowing when to use it and where to deploy it.

There's a lot of 40-50 players who are loving terrible at the game because they spammed defense missions because youtubers said it was best.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Vimeo told me it was the best tho

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Draupnir has the Extreme Cold condition, which makes the laser cannon pretty good! You can shoot for a while and it cools down quickly. One player can be a designated trash sweeper with it pretty easily.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

In general I have noticed the pelican be finnicky, I have gotten stuck under it's wing while being prone.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rectal Death Alert posted:

This can happen whenever anyone hits the landing pad with explosions or strategems. A 500kg/380mm can leave it sitting in what appears to be the same exact place but it just doesn't register entries anymore.

It's similar to the bug where if you hit the shuttle with a hellpod everyone else outside looking at it sees it go flying and can then only extract if they can get to their model of it and get through the door in the back. I've seen it fly like 1,000m off into the ocean so extraction is completely broken more than you'd think.

"Don't gently caress with the shuttle" as a rule fixes most of that.

the host had inexplicably dropped a 380mm on the extraction so that would do it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

I am unsure of any changes to bile titans but I think Eagle 500 has always been a mysterious result for seemingly no reason. Everything is subjective though so there is no way to know unless the devs released actual data. The way they bounce between lovely and amazing makes me think they have some kind of projectile stats or ability to do critical hits.

I'm not particularly good with them or an expert, I just have a large amount of attempts and the results were, randomly and not related to the health of the titan...

- Relatively undamaged Bile titan's head explodes from the bomb coming in or it hits an Evangelion AT field and the bomb and explosion both do nothing
- Have the titan walk directly over the bomb as it explodes which might not kill it but might kill it and one a fair distance away (???)
- Near-Miss a titan which will either do zero damage or a shitload but rarely kill, unless 3 titans fall down dead like an anime samurai hit them somehow (???)
- Be more than 20 feet away from a direct hit and do zero damage period

I haven't played since they nerfed the bugs but I assume I'd drop it from now on for the mech or something if the map composition is more medium.
Since the bile titan's sacs are, to my knowledge, the same as charger/spewer weakpoints in that they take 10% from bullets and 100% from explosive... I wonder if bile titans can take more damage from 500kg if their sacs are still intact to get splashed by the bomb.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BastardySkull posted:

The sound design in the game owns and the sounds the batteries and stuff makes own. Plus it looks cool, and is massive.

We got six bile titans on Extreme lmao. Impossible had three, ten chargers, and twelve bile spewers. At once.

Not that it matters, a bile spewer instantkills them and they spawn on them randomly. I have no idea how this is doable with stratagem friendly fire on - a laser slightly grazed one and it instantly died lmao

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
One thing that kills me game after game are mortar turrets. If a teammate throws one down, you need to be like on high alert to never be near any enemy ever. They are basically team kill machines any time you don't see some enemies coming from a new direction.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

I am unsure of any changes to bile titans but I think Eagle 500 has always been a mysterious result for seemingly no reason. Everything is subjective though so there is no way to know unless the devs released actual data. The way they bounce between lovely and amazing makes me think they have some kind of projectile stats or ability to do critical hits.

I'm not particularly good with them or an expert, I just have a large amount of attempts and the results were, randomly and not related to the health of the titan...

- Relatively undamaged Bile titan's head explodes from the bomb coming in or it hits an Evangelion AT field and the bomb and explosion both do nothing
- Have the titan walk directly over the bomb as it explodes which might not kill it but might kill it and one a fair distance away (???)
- Near-Miss a titan which will either do zero damage or a shitload but rarely kill, unless 3 titans fall down dead like an anime samurai hit them somehow (???)
- Be more than 20 feet away from a direct hit and do zero damage period

I haven't played since they nerfed the bugs but I assume I'd drop it from now on for the mech or something if the map composition is more medium.
I've heard someone say the 500kg is actually an upward cone explosion. No idea if this is true, but it would explain a lot, actually. explode it behind a bile titan? In front? That fucker is going to live.
Explode it underneath the titan though, and it's a lot more likely to fry the fucker.

I spend a lot of my time in high level group missions taunting bile titans and dropping 500kg bombs at my feet.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i tried a level 7 bugicide mission earlier and it wasn't too bad, there were two bile titans and a handful of chargers but the random pubbie squad i was with got it done without much issue. then i tried it again later and 10 bile titans had spawned by the time we gave up on the second battery

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

if people are failing, then hitting the button again before clearing out most of the bugs, that's gonna be a helluva death spiral.

EATs are amazing on termicide missions. Just call them on cooldown near the battery towers, litter the ground with at rockets

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

LazyMaybe posted:

Since the bile titan's sacs are, to my knowledge, the same as charger/spewer weakpoints in that they take 10% from bullets and 100% from explosive... I wonder if bile titans can take more damage from 500kg if their sacs are still intact to get splashed by the bomb.

Anecdotally I would probably agree that it's easier to 1 shot full health titans than it is the chewed up ones with the 500kg. I don't know what the mechanism would be but this makes sense if the damaged parts of it means less parts left with which to damage it.

I can't count how many times I've had the Jason Voorhees titans that shrug off direct hits and keep coming when they are already completely wrecked in the same match I kill a fresh one with a near miss.

I could just be hallucinating it but it does seem to happen enough to be noticeable.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Did some tower defense on 9 and yeah, it seems like it gets a lot harder if you don't split up and blitz a couple before things get crazy.

The spawns do seem to let up eventually though, two times we had to kill like 8+ bile titans before being able to get the last silo.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

EATs are amazing on termicide missions. Just call them on cooldown near the battery towers, litter the ground with at rockets

I hadn't played for a while and brought some EATs on a bug mission today. It's nice one shotting chargers if you can hit the head.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I feel like the higher difficulty bugicides are just "do you all have mechs y/n"

This is insane lmao

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

WarpedLichen posted:

Did some tower defense on 9 and yeah, it seems like it gets a lot harder if you don't split up and blitz a couple before things get crazy.

The spawns do seem to let up eventually though, two times we had to kill like 8+ bile titans before being able to get the last silo.

Imo this is because the termicides are like the evacuate scientists missions. There's a lot of patrols roaming around on top of and in addition to the mission spawns, including the ability to create breaches. This means difficulty can spike extremely high temporarily.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Kind of want a kill X dudes mission but it's 30 minutes and it's just bug breach after bug breach and at the end of it we're like Charlie Kelly and his rat speech. Just a mountain of dead bodies

After typing that I think I've played too much or not enough...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Def liking the grenade launcher vs bugs

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

BitBasher posted:

There's a lot of 40-50 players who are loving terrible at the game because they spammed defense missions because youtubers said it was best.

It is best when you random hell dive missions and you see they have the "meta" FOTM loadout and die multiple times and eat up reinforcements and then just leave midgame.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I always assume those are the players leaving angry comments about how the game's too hard on reddit

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I feel like I really want a 5th stratagem, what are people bringing to their helldives these days? I'm feeling like I should bum a backpack or weapon off a teammate's extra cooldown to save a slot, if I can trust them to call it down.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

edit: nm misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

LazyMaybe posted:

This makes so much sense. Ever since I started running under them with my autocannon and busting their guts I've been seeing a lot more survive poo poo they didn't previously.