Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For anyone who has had the crispanada, how much sauce did you get with it because I barely got any. Also they messed up my order and when I went in to get it corrected acted like I was the rear end in a top hat.

As for the food, the filling was okay but the shell was overcooked on one side going past crispy and into just hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I had the stacker and a bean and rice burrito. The stacker was actually good for 2.19 or whatever. It has more cheese than I was expecting and was actually quite tasty.

The cheesey bean and rice burrito was horrible and worse from me adding the Mexican pizza sauce to it. It was gross and that pizza sauce is kinda sweet which I never noticed before.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I got a ton of sauce with the crispanada, but that was about as much excitement as there was. Thing is just a weird frozen thing they drop in the fryer. Its not good.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Christopher Panda with the L

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It definitely needs to cost like $2 max for how small it is. Also the whole thing just screams low effort.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I tried the loaded nachos. They were pretty good.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

muscles like this! posted:

It definitely needs to cost like $2 max for how small it is. Also the whole thing just screams low effortincredibly high margins.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I tried the potato breakfast burrito for the first time yesterday. It was pretty good, would eat again

Then I had the chicken quesadilla and the crunchwrap supreme for dinner because after driving 1000 miles I just wanted something quick and tasty and those have yet to let me down

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
psa not to forget that a chicken quesadilla is $5.39 but a stacker, swap chicken, add chipotle sauce is $3.79 and that's a whole drat spicy potato soft taco you can add to your order in the difference

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

chicken crispinada things is drat good. didn't try the chicken quesadilla burrito or whatever it was, cause my partner inhaled it, but she said it was good lol

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

psa not to forget that a chicken quesadilla is $5.39 but a stacker, swap chicken, add chipotle sauce is $3.79 and that's a whole drat spicy potato soft taco you can add to your order in the difference

Is the tortilla the same size? I honestly have no clue, quesadilla size is usually bigger than taco size, but it's the Bell so who knows and I haven't had one.

Either way that's a lot for a fast food quesadilla.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
I have no idea why the quesadillas are so expensive, even the cheese one is over four dollars. It joins that Burger King chicken sandwich in the "overpriced and over-basic" pantheon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Chicken quesadilla used to be one of the cheapest combos and it got hit with a couple hikes before they then upped the price of everything else.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Oh wow, they added a veggie build your own cravings box which... literally is all the options I was already picking from, but cheaper. So, that's nice.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

$8.39 FOR A POWER BOWL

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

$8.39 FOR A POWER BOWL

I don't even know what this means but in all caps it made me laugh hard, thanks lol

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Twenty Four posted:

I don't even know what this means but in all caps it made me laugh hard, thanks lol

Power Posting

Edit: about power bowls

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Power Bowels

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i tried the chicen crispanda for the 2nd time.

i liked it the first time.
but noticed the second time, it actually has the consistency of throw up..

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
you’re supposed to order the second one from a taco bell and not just throw up the first one and eat it again, hope this helps

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Lots of good food is puke-texture, but the crispinada isn't actually good food.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
crispinada was meh. it was maybe 1/2 full, mostly cheese goop and i think there might have been some shredded chicken in there.. somewhere.

it was a bit smaller than the empanadas from the street cars and more expensive.

at least they tried something i guess. maybe cut the price in half and fill it full of meat and try again

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

had a buddy visit who couldn't get chilli cheese burritos at his local tbell so he bought 3 on his way out of town to refrigerate lol, wish I could find him a tbell sponsorship

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
An aside, my wife tried the stacker because she likes quesadillas and she likes chili cheese burritos. She liked it a lot and basically said it's a chili cheese quesadilla, which were my first thoughts as well. I got it a second time and they put normal nacho cheese in there with a lump of beef and it was no bueno. I got it a third time now, and it was indeed chili cheese in there again.

So, I'm not sure if they're doing this for all locations or not. If you don't have chili cheese burritos, you might be getting nacho cheese n beef, while those that do, get the chili cheese. Maybe they ran out of chili cheese the time I got the nacho cheese or the cook just said gently caress it and decided to make me frown.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 11, 2024

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
It's not supposed to be the Chili Cheese burrito filling, just normal ground beef and nacho cheese. My location has the Chili Cheese burrito and they don't do that.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
That stinks then. We've gotten them at two different locations doing this so far. I'll try a third if I ever get around for the craving.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

When I was a store manager at THE BELL I remember the chili cheese burrito joining the menu, it was just some of the ground beef and had to be mixed separately with the chili cheese seasoning, so it may be a case of some people have franchised locations that just don't carry that item or the mix. It never sold well enough that I'd imagine if you bought a CC burrito at 6 pm, that stuff was probably still sitting there from 10 am.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

iroguebot posted:

When I was a store manager at THE BELL I remember the chili cheese burrito joining the menu, it was just some of the ground beef and had to be mixed separately with the chili cheese seasoning, so it may be a case of some people have franchised locations that just don't carry that item or the mix. It never sold well enough that I'd imagine if you bought a CC burrito at 6 pm, that stuff was probably still sitting there from 10 am.

Yeah there's no "chili cheese", there's chili made with ground beef and a sauce you make with the mix and water, and there's just beef. So either way I'd imagine Philthy is getting the nacho cheese and possibly chili instead of beef sometimes? Not sure why though - doubt they ran out of beef - just lucky I guess!

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
For some reason I crave Taco Bell when I’m exhausted. It just hits the spot like nothing else

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Hotel Kpro posted:

For some reason I crave Taco Bell when I’m exhausted. It just hits the spot like nothing else

It's the icing on the cake of your body giving up.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
rang the bell for lunch today. got my standby of three soft tacos. no drink b/c i already had one with me. folks, those three tacos came to $5.99. we’re at $2 a taco now. god drat america

tacos themselves were good. don’t think i’ve yet to find a taco bell that fucks up the humble soft taco. i’m sure it’s out there though

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

i should do the soft tacos more often

----------------

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've never gotten a soft taco from taco bell that wasn't, like, sopping wet when I opened it up. I just wrote them off entirely because they were almost universally worse than hard tacos even though the hard tacos inevitably split down the middle.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yeah, they either come perfect or sopping wet for either option ive noticed. $2 a taco is a guillotine offense. prices for supplies have all came back down, its all greed at this point.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 13, 2024

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I've gotten potato soft tacos with two potatoes in them before

Multiple tacos like that :murder:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hey, you got double the amount they're supposed to give you

Its not a Potatoes soft taco

Also we're getting the cantina chicken menu items soon. Don't think I'm really interested in any of it though

https://www.tacobell.com/promotions/cantina-chicken

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Twenty Four posted:

It's the icing on the cake of your body giving up.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hey, you got double the amount they're supposed to give you

Its not a Potatoes soft taco

Also we're getting the cantina chicken menu items soon. Don't think I'm really interested in any of it though

https://www.tacobell.com/promotions/cantina-chicken

the cabbage is nice at least, some actual roughage in a t.bell

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

rang the bell for lunch today. got my standby of three soft tacos. no drink b/c i already had one with me. folks, those three tacos came to $5.99. we’re at $2 a taco now. god drat america

tacos themselves were good. don’t think i’ve yet to find a taco bell that fucks up the humble soft taco. i’m sure it’s out there though

Johnny Truant posted:

I've gotten potato soft tacos with two potatoes in them before

Multiple tacos like that :murder:

Several years ago I ordered a standard off the menu 3 taco meal from the bell in the drive through and none of them (0/3) had any beef in them, just a sprinkle of lettuce and cheese, which I discovered at home because who checks that.

The only way I think you could screw up a taco worse than forgetting the main ingredient is somehow forgetting the tortillas/shells.