Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

i am dying for super earth's oil profits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
finished my first pesticide tower mission ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Infidelicious posted:

For Berserkers you want Raw DPS or a staggering effect so Breaker / Slugger are stand outs - especially if you're running an AC since it can cover mid/long range pretty well. If it's a big pack of them it's worth tossing impacts into the middle of them just to make it easier to gun them down.

Breaker is good against them but terrible against basically any other Bot enemy due to its close range nature, don't have the Slugger yet though due to how deep in the Warbond it is

raverrn posted:

For all the medium bots the lower torso is unarmored for extra damage, and the legs and head are lightly armored and destroying any of them is a kill. The legs have more HP than the head, but are easier targets.

True though not very helpful specifically with Berserkers cause on top of having stupid amounts of health it's a pain in the rear end to hit weakspots on them between their weird jittery movement and honestly I'm like 95% certain their hitboxes are bugged

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Icedude posted:

I have no idea how some people are reaching level 30+ in this game... Constant back and forths of "Do you know what we're supposed to do now?" My dude, it literally has it written on the screen AND I am pinging it for you.

"There isn't a youtube of someone telling me exactly how to play yet! Can you make a youtube?"

burgersmith
Jun 27, 2023
That's right boys, Mondo cool.

Icedude posted:

I have no idea how some people are reaching level 30+ in this game. I did my first TCS mission last night with a pair of pubbies who were on voice chat with each other, and they were utterly oblivious as to what they were meant to be doing. Constant back and forths of "Do you know what we're supposed to do now?" My dude, it literally has it written on the screen AND I am pinging it for you.

I feel like pubbies are having an especially hard time with the TCS mission for some reason. I had a mission with an endless loop of the battery being blasted and a dude pressing the button over and over until everything and everywhere was bugs.

Dude Sweet
Jul 26, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Tag me please

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

burgersmith posted:

I feel like pubbies are having an especially hard time with the TCS mission for some reason. I had a mission with an endless loop of the battery being blasted and a dude pressing the button over and over until everything and everywhere was bugs.

That's how it went with me as well. Dude was slapping that thing over and over like it was going to change our situation somehow.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Can I get a tag please?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I'd like a gang tag please. Sorry I'm late to the party :(

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Tag me for Super Earth!

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Yo

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Spookydonut posted:

finished my first pesticide tower mission ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Me too, but I suppose the checkbox for that planet is only checked after the whole community has reached that goal. How do you know you've done enough to receive those community order medals? I mean, you have to have contributed to the war effort at least, right?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

drrockso20 posted:

True though not very helpful specifically with Berserkers cause on top of having stupid amounts of health it's a pain in the rear end to hit weakspots on them between their weird jittery movement and honestly I'm like 95% certain their hitboxes are bugged

They're definitely not, with decent practice you can land the gunshot most times. The head is a harder target, but that's just the movement. If you're struggling I might recommend the Punisher shotgun - it devours Butchers, especially when you get the rhythm of firing while reloading down. It's good to a decent range against smaller bots, and you can combo it with the Laser Cannon for other mediums, Hulk killing (aim for the eye) and Strider killing (aim for the hip joints). That leaves just tanks, which are pretty easy strategem targets.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Brand me a democratic!

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Sioux posted:

Me too, but I suppose the checkbox for that planet is only checked after the whole community has reached that goal. How do you know you've done enough to receive those community order medals? I mean, you have to have contributed to the war effort at least, right?

Nope. Everyone gets the medals

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I'd like it! Add it onto my other one please.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Deploy tag to my location please and thank you!

burgersmith posted:

I logged at like 6AM yesterday and tried one of these solo (I just assumed noone would be playing) and aside from having to figure out where everything is it was surprisingly easy at diff 6. The bug waves were pretty chill, are they tuned to number of players?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Washin Tong posted:

I logged at like 6AM yesterday and tried one of these solo (I just assumed noone would be playing) and aside from having to figure out where everything is it was surprisingly easy at diff 6. The bug waves were pretty chill, are they tuned to number of players?

Not to my knowledge. I tried to solo it at 7 though, and got thoroughly bulldozed by 5+ bile spewers on every spawn.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Hell yeah.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Lightning gun's gone from "hidden gem" to "everyone on my team has one now"

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Sioux posted:

more just that nothing died once it started spraying

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Thankfully I have in fact posted in the thread before, just not much recently. I'll take the tag for Liberty and Democracy.

The volume of people asking was helped by the fact that someone posted about the gang tag being available in the march games thread.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Musluk posted:

Not to my knowledge. I tried to solo it at 7 though, and got thoroughly bulldozed by 5+ bile spewers on every spawn.

I believe there is some player scaling. I have seen 12+ bile spewers in some missions, so the 5 number doesn't impress me :P

burgersmith
Jun 27, 2023
That's right boys, Mondo cool.

Washin Tong posted:

I don't honestly know. It might be. I completed a 7 with a friend afterwards and it was a breeze as well.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

I believe there is some player scaling. I have seen 12+ bile spewers in some missions, so the 5 number doesn't impress me :P

There's a lot of variance in between every mission, indeed. I assume the game has a pool with weights to choose from spawns, and every time a bug spawn happened in my solo run it chose 5 bile spewers... and the bug spawns when you activate a silo seems to be on a timer. I had no explosives left after first wave so there were in fact 10+ of them running around lol

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Anybody have a low-key favorite stratagem that they think is underappreciated? That's the shield generator relay for me in bot missions. Short cooldown, great for tossing up around a keypad while you're typing in the sequence, blocks rockets, keeps turrets alive long enough for them to be effective in big skirmishes

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Tag me please.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

If these are still available id like one. But if the gangtag servers are being ddos'd by their popularity i can also be patient.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Eason the Fifth posted:

Anybody have a low-key favorite stratagem that they think is underappreciated? That's the shield generator relay for me in bot missions. Short cooldown, great for tossing up around a keypad while you're typing in the sequence, blocks rockets, keeps turrets alive long enough for them to be effective in big skirmishes

walking barrage! it blows up objectives a long way forward of where it lands so you can chuck the ball from further away and avoid getting aggro at all

top tier in causing surviving bots to call in dropships hundreds of meters away from you while you slink away because they don't have any clue where the attack came from

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Voting for this excellent gangtag.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

wilderthanmild posted:

One thing that kills me game after game are mortar turrets. If a teammate throws one down, you need to be like on high alert to never be near any enemy ever. They are basically team kill machines any time you don't see some enemies coming from a new direction.

skill issue

but seriously, can’t get tunnel vision. The mortar is an appropriate punishment for failing to pay attention IMO

The mortar turret owns for defense missions, esp with the EMP mortar or whatever it is.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I'm doing my part

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Eason the Fifth posted:

EMP Mortar.
Sure, other things actually get killing done, but the EMP Mortar neatly bunches stuff up for Air Strikes and other Strategms to do serious work, and generally feels like it relieves a lot of incoming pressure at times. It's better against bots, but is fine on bugs because your fellow Democrats can dive their way to Freedom if they get caught in a field.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Please and thank you!

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

bandaid.friend posted:

Lightning gun's gone from "hidden gem" to "everyone on my team has one now"

yeah, it'll get nerfed i guess

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

3) SA backend crashes as 800,000 idiots queue up for gang tags

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Had a bot mission with pubbies where three team members went into the objective and one hung back with an AMR on a ridge and goddamn did they do work.

We still had to fight the whole time but Devastators etc rarely made it close. Was a very fun match

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Nice

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Marking certain posters as more equal than others is the height of democracy, citizen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Gang me up