Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Forrest on Fire posted:

God this is so sad for everyone involved

Not for me. I like Dionte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

God this is so sad for everyone involved

alexa play despatico

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ostentatious posted:

teams still haven't learned that of course a mediocre qb looks good on the goddamn niners i see

Darnold didn't even look good here, lol. I think he had maybe one decent drive in all of the non-kneeldown snaps he took?

In a vacuum this would seem like a good move for Carolina, but when's the last time the Steelers let a receiver go that wasn't a horrible disappointment to his next team?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Aaron Rodgers abandoning the Jets to run for Vice President would be god drat funny

I don't believe Rodgers would retire from his extremely lucrative football career to run for Vice President on a doomed presidential ticket. But I do believe Rodgers would like people to think he could have done that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
"Oh yeah, Robert - that's Robert Kennedy Jr., by the way... He wanted me to run for office with him because he respected my bold vision so much, but I was just so committed to my career and winning football games that I had to turn him down." -Aaron Rodgers, during every party conversation until the day the earth finally boils

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

Darnold didn't even look good here, lol. I think he had maybe one decent drive in all of the non-kneeldown snaps he took?

In a vacuum this would seem like a good move for Carolina, but when's the last time the Steelers let a receiver go that wasn't a horrible disappointment to his next team?

A horrible disappointment would still be the second best panthers receiver last season.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

thalweg posted:

I think it should be allowed to have the vice president play in the NFL

Jets swap out their entire OL for the Secret Service.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Diontae Johnson is pretty good, but he drops a lot of passes, and he's been a malcontent for 2 seasons. If AB can be traded away in his prime, so can DJ

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why do all Steelers wideouts hate the team, the Ravens passing offense has been trash for most of my adult life and the only ones I remember making any noise about it publicly were Hollywood and Dez Bryant, both of which are lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Why do all Steelers wideouts hate the team, the Ravens passing offense has been trash for most of my adult life and the only ones I remember making any noise about it publicly were Hollywood and Dez Bryant, both of which are lol

wideouts usually have to have a good rapport with their qb and imagine trying to be friendly with loving Ben Roethlisberger for years

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Alaois posted:

wideouts usually have to have a good rapport with their qb and imagine trying to be friendly with loving Ben Roethlisberger for years

Roethlisberger has been retired for 3 seasons, bruv

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

What were the Chargers doing

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1767900101165318608

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

D-LINK posted:

Roethlisberger has been retired for 3 seasons, bruv

yeah and the guys they've replaced him with have been so good at getting the ball to the receivers, i'm sure they love it lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Mason Rudolph seems like a lovely fellow.

And wow that Kenny Pickett sure delivers a great ball on time!

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I was about to post the same thing - some of these have to be getting into "have to send a draft pick to get someone to salary dump you" territory, no?

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1767891255302733842

Nov 6, 2002

That Dimes contract, just lol.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Would be nice if the fat gently caress useless GM of the Jets would go get Keenan Allen.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Mike Williams and Mack are both deffo not gonna be on the team by the end of today. Allen stays, probably gets a short term extension to ease the cap hit. Bosa will probably stay with the Chargers for at least one more year, because they don't really get any cap relief by cutting him, and nobody is going to give up draft compensation for a guy with that contract, and hasn't been healthy 2+ years running. So they're stuck there, at least for this coming season.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

How tf did Keenan Allen have 108 for 1,243 in just 13 games last year? I figured he'd be like a 600 yard guy at this point, he's been around so long

Nov 6, 2002

Nosre posted:

How tf did Keenan Allen have 108 for 1,243 in just 13 games last year? I figured he'd be like a 600 yard guy at this point, he's been around so long

I dunno, but he is going to fall the gently caress off a cliff this year, I guarantee it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That Dimes contract, just lol.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I dunno, but he is going to fall the gently caress off a cliff this year, I guarantee it.

Sounds like a Patriot then once we lose out on Ridley

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

I'm relieved that so far the Browns haven't restructured Watson, which means we're only two seasons away from him being cuttable with a smaller cap hit than Russ had.

I can dream, can't I?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Durandal1707 posted:

Mike Williams and Mack are both deffo not gonna be on the team by the end of today. Allen stays, probably gets a short term extension to ease the cap hit. Bosa will probably stay with the Chargers for at least one more year, because they don't really get any cap relief by cutting him, and nobody is going to give up draft compensation for a guy with that contract, and hasn't been healthy 2+ years running. So they're stuck there, at least for this coming season.

Aa long as Keenan stays, I'm good. Dude needs to retire a Charger.

Brandon Staley and Tom Telesco really put the team in a bad spot

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
John Spanos is in charge of the Chargers salary cap and contract negotiations, please do not blame Tom Telesco (an innocent boy) for putting together talent only to have it squandered by coaching

Nov 6, 2002

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

John Spanos is in charge of the Chargers salary cap and contract negotiations, please do not blame Tom Telesco (an innocent boy) for putting together talent only to have it squandered by coaching

wonder who picked the coach

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Does Mike Williams still potentially have some juice left in him? He's a little younger than I thought and his numbers pre-ACL tear are better than I expected

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

xbilkis posted:

Does Mike Williams still potentially have some juice left in him? He's a little younger than I thought and his numbers pre-ACL tear are better than I expected

Left ACL last year, 2 right leg injuries the year before and a bunch of little injuries all throughout his career. He does have juice, if he can stay healthy. If you have tons of cap space, I think a late day 3 pick is fine to throw at him, or if he gets cut knowing that it's reasonably likely he's going to get that juice injured out him quick. But hey, if he hits, it didn't cost you anything but money.

You'd be better off spending a day 2 pick on a WR, but everyone needs 3 WR's, so *shrug*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Left ACL last year, 2 right leg injuries the year before and a bunch of little injuries all throughout his career. He does have juice, if he can stay healthy. If you have tons of cap space, I think a late day 3 pick is fine to throw at him, or if he gets cut knowing that it's reasonably likely he's going to get that juice injured out him quick. But hey, if he hits, it didn't cost you anything but money.

You'd be better off spending a day 2 pick on a WR, but everyone needs 3 WR's, so *shrug*

I am terrified of seeing Mike as a Chief.

He'll stay healthy all year because God isn't real.

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Spanos wasn't in charge of the cap, Ed McGuire was

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

wonder who picked the coach

John Spanos is the owner, therefore he picked the coach. I'm all in on deflecting any blame away from Telesco and choose to believe that he was just another victim of terrible Chargers ownership.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

John Spanos is the owner, therefore he picked the coach. I'm all in on deflecting any blame away from Telesco and choose to believe that he was just another victim of terrible Chargers ownership.

John Spanos isn't the owner

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

a neat cape posted:

I am terrified of seeing Mike as a Chief.

He'll stay healthy all year because God isn't real.

Spanos wasn't in charge of the cap, Ed McGuire was

Read Johns Job description

https://twitter.com/MoeMoton/status/1766913097309032642

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm telling you Ed McGuire is the cap guy. You can pull up all the tweets you want, you're wrong.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Kinda can’t believe Wilkins gets 27.5 million a year to do what Sieler does for 12

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

John Spanos isn't the owner

Well one of those Spanos shitheads are the owner and everything is their fault

I hope that your love of the Harbaugh signing hasn't dulled your hatred of that wretched family

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 13, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

I hope that your love of the Harbaugh signing hasn't dulled your hatred of that wretched family

It has not, don't worry.

They can make the correct coach hiring and still be reprehensible poo poo heads

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

This is going to be the best QB room in the history of the league.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Kinda can’t believe Wilkins gets 27.5 million a year to do what Sieler does for 12
Classic "The guy who left my team in free agency isn't really that good" energy

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Black Sunshine posted:

lol the Chargers can win the next three super bowls and our mantra will still be ‘gently caress you, Spanos.’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Black Sunshine posted:

Classic "The guy who left my team in free agency isn't really that good" energy

Wilkins is awesome. Who said otherwise? We in the afceast thread have said as much for a long. So is Sieler.

Reading poo poo not really for you eh?