Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Votskomit posted:

I think they're simulating what the American reaction will be like when the whole world tells them they've lost ww3.

More or less, at least above 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Ardennes posted:

So you have nothing and are just throwing crap around. Got any reason the US isn't going to eat poo poo in any real military engagement?

Give me one reason to have a real discussion with your fascist self.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

With the Biden campaign not looking so good and a looming Republican win in the Presidential election this fall it will make some posters upset, and as a result they might act out against their perceived political opponents which in some cases might be people to the left of the Democratic party.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I'm assuming bad news for Ukraine hit the headlines and that's what precipitated this?

Its pathetic how you all are trying to make this about Ukraine.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

drilldo squirt posted:

Its pathetic how you all are trying to make this about Ukraine.

Ukraine is one front of ww3 that the US has already lost, Taiwan and Israel and Mexico are next in that order

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

drilldo squirt posted:

So you have no point?

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
We could make it all about Israel instead!

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
To be honest, even if you are American, to be a booster of the US at this point is about accepting genocide, ethnic cleansing, and impoverishment in order to feel some importance in the world even if you don't receive any earthly "reward."

Basically, you have to be both evil and stupid.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Honky Mao posted:

Ukraine is one front of ww3 that the US has already lost, Taiwan and Israel and Mexico are next in that order

Lmao.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Ardennes posted:

To be honest, even if you are American, to be a booster of the US at this point is about accepting genocide, ethnic cleansing, and impoverishment in order to feel some importance in the world even if you don't receive any earthly "reward."

Basically, you have to be both evil and stupid.

I disagree. It's you, who is evil and stupid.

drilldo squirt has issued a correction as of 12:50 on Mar 13, 2024

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Now, I just feel bad.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cookie Cutter posted:

We are learning a lot today, such as, we are all terrible posters and fascists. Thank you drilldo squirt

Wait... are we the fascists?

It is because we oppose all the skull tattoos?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
lmfao

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Ardennes posted:

Now, I just feel bad.

I hope it's because of your posting. Acknowledging it is the first step to recovery.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
*Adding 30 years to average life expectancy*

"Are we the baddies?"

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Raising the largest number of people from poverty in the history of humanity, but in a stupid, evil way.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

drilldo squirt posted:

I've read many books. Probably better than the ones you have actually.

What about this one

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Just wait until you learn what these goddamn fascists have done to child mortality rates!

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

"Are we the baddies?"

yes

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

You wanna know how I got this Education Index?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

drilldo squirt posted:

Also a comment on how you garbage people love that mass murder stalin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0Om8v8H7g

sorry Stalin killed your grandpa in ww2, was he German or one of the Baltic collaborators

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
old people need to stop wasting their money on being alive

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sancho Banana posted:

What about this one

picking "coupland" as your pen name is a little on the nose imo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Stalin ftw

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Speaking of which, the next HDI report is due to be released today. Five hours from now.

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
looking forward to the next high def israelis report

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Ignoring all that other garbage to get to the good stuff. Goddamn if this isn't a certified, DoD approved vindication of everything this thread is about.

Thank god they didn't learn anything from it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

drilldo squirt posted:

what do these people think they accomplish by just barging in, flatly contradicting everyone, and then insulting them? You don't have the patience for good trolling never mind actual discourse

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

"Are we the baddies?"

they need to keep people alive longer so they can be genocided later. it’s like canning but for war crimes

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

GoLambo posted:

Ignoring all that other garbage to get to the good stuff. Goddamn if this isn't a certified, DoD approved vindication of everything this thread is about.

Thank god they didn't learn anything from it.

I'll repost it so we're fresh

It's not just that they didn't learn from it, it's that the Cold War equipment they were able to fall back on is gone now. They can't just shift over to F-111s, A-10s, A-6s doing the work anymore. Unlike in Desert Storm, if HIMARS doesn't pan out, there's no 203mm howitzers. If TLAMs perform [DELETED], there's no USS Wisconsin. If the F-35 flops, there's no Harriers or Intruders or Corsair IIs in the carrier wings. If the Abrams are breaking down, the Marines don't have M60s etc etc.

I mean, hell, do they even have the stock of "dumb" bombs and shells, or anywhere near it, that they dropped in Desert Storm?

or aircraft?

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 14:15 on Mar 13, 2024

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
so you're saying its actually GOOD to have a large amount of functional backstock in a world war situation

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Actually it's inefficient. Relying on JIT from LockMart to provide 3 aircraft a year is what McKinsey suggests. So as long as we only lose one a year, we're great.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

OH MY BAD posted:

so you're saying its actually GOOD to have a large amount of functional backstock in a world war situation

I'm hearing that it makes you look poor and is embarrassing when you're fielding last year's army

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Another 80+ posts on the WW3 thread.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Real Mean Queen posted:

I'm hearing that it makes you look poor and is embarrassing when you're fielding last year's army

It kills me that this is the narrative people have latched onto.

Can a T-62 not kill you just as dead?

I imagine this is some sort of commodity fetishism or something? Newer, more expensive, higher technology military equipment is imbued with a sort of virtue?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I prefer playful mischief Stalin, personally.

eh itsa me, stalin-o

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
old tanks have one huge advantage, they weigh half as much as modern overengineered helltanks

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
MUD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

the best thing about that stupid gently caress is there's a good chance he was aiming for the Ukraine thread but never actually realised he was in the wrong thread

lmao