Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

NWS just to be safe. It's David Duchovny with the tea cup.

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/tlVl4AO.jpeg :nws:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Weebly posted:

Season 2 of the X files has started with 2 absolute bangers. Just waiting for the X files to be re-established.

Let me know what you think of 'the boat episode' when you reach it, it's one of my favourites.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Season 2-4 is absolute peak, it's still gritty and has real tension but develops itself better.

Do not watch all of season 6 and do not watch 7 except x-cops, I honestly think that was a mistake in our watching and deflated it.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I’m a few episodes into season 2 and it hits. 11/12 hits so far.

1. Little Green Men- Banger. Very tense. Air Travel in the 90s was wild.

2. The Host- banger. Creepy monster of the week. I was really expecting someone to get attacked in the Port O Potty

3. Blood- Barely a banger but it’s so absurd I was into it.

4. Sleepless- banger. Vietnamese family was kinda cheesy but otherwise outstanding and fun episode

5. Duane Barry- banger that goes higher at the end. I’m sure this won’t be the first time Skully is kidnapped.

6. Ascension- banger. My only complaint this season had been them just straight up revealing Crycek.

7. 3- Another Monster of the Week. Much cooler than Blade. Mulder nearly throws the case to get his bone on.

8. One Breath- Banger for Mulder, sleeper for Skully. ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID BOAT. Mulders new contact is certainly more active than Deep Throat.

9. Fire walker- This is just the Last of Us but 44 minutes.

10. Red Museum- I was settling in for another kooky cult episode and just blind sided. BANGER. I did not think that guy would bite it. Thought he would be a reoccurring.

11. - Excelsis Dei- only one so far that didn’t hook me. The painting was cool.

12- Aubrey- I was skeptical reading the description but WOW. It started with Mulder making a BJ joke and just took off. The POV shots had awful acting.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

Cornwind Evil posted:

Let me know what you think of 'the boat episode' when you reach it, it's one of my favourites.

TOP 3 Banger. Even mentioning the Philadelphia experiment gets me interested. Sets were sufficiently creepy. The make up was slightly palpatine-esq but I’m into it. However, the actors old guy voice is awful. Why did their finger nails grow but not their hair? Gillian Anderson ran away with acting old. She acted with a hunch.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Please tell me he put on an affected southun accent

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

he is a manwhore so that checks out

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Just about to watch the final episode of Season 11. Have done the full run, every episode from the start.

Got as far as the movie when it first aired after losing interest in Season 5.

I feel like I should get drunk or something afterwards. It's basically the only thing I've watched for like a year

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Pocket Billiards posted:

Just about to watch the final episode of Season 11. Have done the full run, every episode from the start.

I feel like I should get drunk or something afterwards. It's basically the only thing I've watched for like a year

you poor man

spoil me with how the clusterfuck narrative of the reboot ends, I gave up at the start of S11.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Pocket Billiards posted:

You aren't the only one. The movie felt like it was trying to wrap things up or start to with one more season but they decided to forever it

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
It cracks me up every time Skully teases Mulder out for being a possible perv. Oh how true that would come.

Edit: Mulder just got his gun knocked away and pulled a smaller pistol from a leg holster. Saying “I got tired of losing my gun”

Weebly fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 21, 2024

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
yo redshirt, Comet is on the Dogguy/Reyes episodes right now, why would anyone pay for this slop

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Did anyone doing a rewatch notice that the guy that plays Krycek plays a totally different character in a really early episode?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yep.

I enjoy finding all the Stargate actors as we go too.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Zesty posted:

Yep.

I enjoy finding all the Stargate actors as we go too.

IMDb returns 382 mutual credits. Even for two log running shows with an overlap in location that still seems above average.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Vancouver acting scene wasn’t quite big enough for the needs of multiple weekly tv shows. I remember seeing Roger Cross like two or three times. Benita Ha from Street Cents was on a few times too, but never Jono Torrens.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Terry O'Quinn plays 4 different characters in the X-Files universe. They should have gotten him for a Lone Gunmen episode.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Terry O'Quinn plays 4 different characters in the X-Files universe. They should have gotten him for a Lone Gunmen episode.

I like to imagine at least one of them being the backstory for when he shows up on Patriot.

Preferably all of them.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I AM GRANDO posted:

The Vancouver acting scene wasn’t quite big enough for the needs of multiple weekly tv shows. I remember seeing Roger Cross like two or three times. Benita Ha from Street Cents was on a few times too, but never Jono Torrens.

That's because Street Cents was filmed in Halifax and Jonovision was filmed in Toronto.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Rewatched The Goldberg Variation, meh it’s fine. Wish they’d had bigger ideas for how to use the concept past battling Generic Mafia, like how the genie episode took some fun big swings.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

McGavin posted:

That's because Street Cents was filmed in Halifax and Jonovision was filmed in Toronto.

That's a very good reason.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
There was an episode of some AI being in some trailer with a zillion phone lines going into it.
That was the point where I wanted to be a computer toucher.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
The X-Files: I Want to Believe was a bad theatrical movie, but a pretty good two-part episode, kinda like Star Trek: Insurection.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Just watched Eve and the most unrealistic thing was both Mulder and Scully not being able to tell they were drinking regular Coke instead of diet

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Just watched Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, and it's so incredibly good.

So many lines are seared into my brain.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I think Jose Chung’s from Outer space might be my favorite x files episode of my watching so far. Just absurdly fun and campy. The smoking alien. The casting was perfect.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Jose Chung is my favorite too. It's the perfect marriage of all the best parts of the X-Files

runner up goes to Bad Blood, specifically when Mulder recalls the events and David Arquette's character becomes this hilariously backwoods sheriff jesus christ, that and the OCD vampire bit are two of my favorite X-Files jokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9994AgdkuAs&t=160s

time stamped for the mulder recollection, Lmao

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
"Aw man! What'd you have to go and do that for?" has stuck with me since the first time I saw that episode

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

bagmonkey posted:

Jose Chung is my favorite too. It's the perfect marriage of all the best parts of the X-Files

runner up goes to Bad Blood, specifically when Mulder recalls the events and David Arquette's character becomes this hilariously backwoods sheriff jesus christ, that and the OCD vampire bit are two of my favorite X-Files jokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9994AgdkuAs&t=160s

time stamped for the mulder recollection, Lmao

I'm kind of impressed that you confused Luke Wilson and David Arquette. It's insane but also I totally get how you could do that.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm kind of impressed that you confused Luke Wilson and David Arquette. It's insane but also I totally get how you could do that.

I’m trying to remember what David Arquette’s face looks like compared to Luke Wilson, but I’m just seeing two Luke Wilsons in my head.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Xiahou Dun posted:

yeah those guys are the same to me. the only way i would know its david arquette is if he's wrestling

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

happyhippy posted:

There was an episode of some AI being in some trailer with a zillion phone lines going into it.
That was the point where I wanted to be a computer toucher.

That was the good co-written William Gibson episode, before he wrote one of the worst episodes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

yeah those guys are the same to me. the only way i would know its david arquette is if he's wrestling

Wow!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Disco Pope posted:

That was the good co-written William Gibson episode, before he wrote one of the worst episodes.

a thing I've noticed in the past is that for as prescient as his novels are, Gibson can be hilariously inept about technology sometimes, to the point where I'd say First Person Shooter makes just as much sense coming from him as Kill Switch did

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I was trying to work out how I didn't realise David Arquette was in the x-files, but then I recently watched the episode with Jack Black so I figured it was possible

Enfys fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 13, 2024

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

also the guy who wrote Jose Chung wrote a season 10 episode where Rhys Darby plays a reverse were-lizard and it's probably the high point of S10-11

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
No Jorge, don't touch that red button.

Noho on the rojo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Snow Cone Capone posted:

also the guy who wrote Jose Chung wrote a season 10 episode where Rhys Darby plays a reverse were-lizard and it's probably the high point of S10-11

He also wrote "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" which is canonical ending of the X-Files imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
After the quote in my avatar from Bad Blood, I always liked:

"Mulder, toads just feel out of the sky!"

"I guess their parachutes didn't open..."

From Die Hand Die Verletzt