Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Muscle Tracer posted:

[Pikmin 4 chat] Since when is Captain Olimar's voice this deep? Why doesn't he have this voice in Smash Bros??

Pikmin 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfVBKE2tRQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

It was free on Epic at one point so I grabbed it but idk, it just feels like a kinda crappy tps with character action rpg elements. Also the controls are rear end no matter which you go with, mnk or controller. Even the menu UI felt awkward to navigate around.

My lack of interest in Marvel (except Spiderman) aside, even the basics of the combat alone put me off. And then there's the awkward convo choice sections... eh. It feels like it's trying to do too much as a game. Maybe I'll try again later.

Def fits the Space Opera theme though from what little I saw.
The last ship segment is among the worst pieces of gameplay I can ever remember experiencing.

It had a lot of very high quality character models that were only in one scene and not part of the gameplay. That was nice but probably a giant waste of resources.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
with the benefit of hindsight i don't think gotg was "good" so much as "better than expected"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Is there a Blade's Book Club gang tag

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i am dying to play dragon's dogma 2 but i can't yet and after watching vaati's latest video (having literally taken a nap halfway through) i got an urge to play elden ring again

turns out i still really don't like elden ring

i've been doing a fresh playthrough and it's hammered home just how thin the whole broth really is. i think the gigantic map size and fromsoft's genuinely excellent art direction carried an enormous critical burden, but, stripped to the studs, it's a lot of riding in straight lines to nameless catacombs and mines to engage with a one-dimensional combat system that's barely changed since demon's souls and has, in many ways, gotten worse (re: jumping heavy attacks and WAs being superior to doing anything else in the majority of cases). it's boring in a way that's divorced from genre familiarity - i absolutely don't feel bored with wo long or lies of P in the same way - which is only made worse when the open world easily leads to overleveling the content that's on offer

i'm interested in the DLC mainly because their discussions about it make it sound like they recognize a lot of the base game's shortcomings and are trying to be innovative instead of sitting on their haunches, so it'll be a good temperature check on future fromsoft offerings if nothing else

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

External Organs posted:

Is there a Blade's Book Club gang tag

No, but I made a Helldivers gang tag that'll handed out shortly

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

i've been doing a fresh playthrough and it's hammered home just how thin the whole broth really is. i think the gigantic map size and fromsoft's genuinely excellent art direction carried an enormous critical burden, but, stripped to the studs, it's a lot of riding in straight lines to nameless catacombs and mines to engage with a one-dimensional combat system that's barely changed since demon's souls and has, in many ways, gotten worse (re: jumping heavy attacks and WAs being superior to doing anything else in the majority of cases). it's boring in a way that's divorced from genre familiarity - i absolutely don't feel bored with wo long or lies of P in the same way - which is only made worse when the open world easily leads to overleveling the content that's on offer

i'm interested in the DLC mainly because their discussions about it make it sound like they recognize a lot of the base game's shortcomings and are trying to be innovative instead of sitting on their haunches, so it'll be a good temperature check on future fromsoft offerings if nothing else

i'm glad it's not just me. i think i'm just going to take my lv 164 endgame character to the DLC and see how that goes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Elden Ring was enthralling when I was discovering everything for the first time and there was something new around every corner, but the idea of playing it again has very little appeal

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Vermain posted:

i've been doing a fresh playthrough and it's hammered home just how thin the whole broth really is. i think the gigantic map size and fromsoft's genuinely excellent art direction carried an enormous critical burden, but, stripped to the studs, it's a lot of riding in straight lines to nameless catacombs and mines to engage with a one-dimensional combat system that's barely changed since demon's souls
Steam says I've put 48 hours into Elden Ring (so I really think I gave it a fair shake), but I came to this conclusion as well. Open world is too distracting, and not in the good way, and because its still a Souls game, there's a good chance the area you stumbled onto will murder you instantly, so its just a lot of ping-ponging which leads to me not wanting to explore. I appreciate the combat being easier, and there being more tools to smooth over a boss fight/encounter, but I also got weary of the combat rhythm in general and I think the appeal since Dark Souls 1 has worn off. I'm glad the game sold like gangbusters and showed that you can have a blockbuster financial success without monetization and not focus-grouping yourself into blandness, but this game was a miss for me.

I really want to like it enough to beat it, because some of the characters were cool and the enemy designs were really neato, like the harpies. But I've finally adopted the mindset of dropping a game if I'm not having fun, backlog clearing be damned.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/JamesPaddock/status/1765843090508484825

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I haven’t played a soul game yet, but what made me want to eventually try out Elden Ring were screenshots of the game’s locations. Some gorgeous landscapes and architecture.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

haveblue posted:

Elden Ring was enthralling when I was discovering everything for the first time and there was something new around every corner, but the idea of playing it again has very little appeal

This, but for most good games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

buglord posted:

Steam says I've put 48 hours into Elden Ring (so I really think I gave it a fair shake), but I came to this conclusion as well. Open world is too distracting, and not in the good way, and because its still a Souls game, there's a good chance the area you stumbled onto will murder you instantly, so its just a lot of ping-ponging which leads to me not wanting to explore.

I think it's sorta why Elden Ring works so well, in that it's the first truly open-ended open world Soulsborne - in that you can go wherever you want, as long as you're prepared for the challenge.
It's why Breath of the Wild was such a breath of fresh air; a traditional formula in a new setting.

Ironically I'm finding myself just straight up not enjoying Tears of the Kingdom, in that the map is 3 times as big as BotW and the fusion system isn't a super endearing game mechanic (Outside of the thousand of meme builds it spawned)
So I can def see why you're not enjoying how open ended it is.

buglord posted:

But I've finally adopted the mindset of dropping a game if I'm not having fun, backlog clearing be damned.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I haven’t played a soul game yet, but what made me want to eventually try out Elden Ring were screenshots of the game’s locations. Some gorgeous landscapes and architecture.

they're easily some of the best in the business, and that endless creativity in visual design is frustrating when juxtaposed against the TV dinner gameplay they've reheated for the fourth time in a row

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

Trailer for the cancelled Spider-man game has leaked.
Search Youtube for "Spider-man The Great Web" and you'll get it.

It looks cool, but sorta glad they didn't end up going this route with how Suicide Squad turned out. Vibe gave off strong 'Sinister Six invades from other dimensions' GaaS poo poo.
Insomniac Spider-man works best as a single player game.

Oh thank God they dumped that, I can't think of what would have killed my interest in a Spidey-sequel more than making it multiplayer.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Elden Ring, aka Dark Souls 2 2, is one of their best

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Vermain posted:

TV dinner gameplay they've reheated for the fourth time in a row

shaddup

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Elden ring has very high highs and very high lows. I love all of it

My brother (gamer) is in town and suggested we try out the seamless co-op mod and i am very excited to do so

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Elden ring has very high highs and very high lows. I love all of it

My brother (gamer) is in town and suggested we try out the seamless co-op mod and i am very excited to do so

seamless is the best way to play it, IMO, even in spite of the various bugs. really hoping the DLC doesn't break it too badly

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Its popularity only points to one thing: the world is ready for the fromsoft mmo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

dradog online.... i still never got to play it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ended up remembering I own Chaos Galaxy and have never played it before. It's an indie GSG inspired by Romance of the Three Kingdoms with combat lifted from SRW. Pretty cool so far.

There was a Chinese Inspired Galactic Empire that had to wage an all out war with alien invaders, the repelled them but the empire was weakened enough that one of their vassals rebelled and formed a shogunate. This war crippled the empire even more and their victory was entirely pyrric. The remnants of the shogunate have formed pirate groups secretly funded by the large business consortiums to weaken the empire further. The armies of the empire are largely independent and are vying for either favor from the court, or to supplant it. The mysterious technologically advanced civilization at the edge of space has accidentally created a rogue ai that threatens everyone. Groups of disaffected veterans are being gathered around mercenary leaders hoping to carve out their own fiefdoms on the wreckage of the empire. And a mysterious cult calling themselves Dune followers seems to be ready to partake in some jihad.
And the Aliens might be coming back.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow the tide finally turning on From's crapfests

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pongsoft

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

smellden ring. you heard it here first folks

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UfiVuYkUU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was there to see this round live, and it truly was a trash fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42bW_jZJP40&hd=1

Jawsh just deadpanning "guys, I found a body" got funnier every single time. and then him being completely innocent the entire time was the cherry on top.

the Town of Us mod for among us makes it so much more interesting to watch, I'm so glad Mongy Mondays is a thing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

No, but I made a Helldivers gang tag that'll handed out shortly

Gangtags being handed out now - You got 24 hrs to claim

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

:lol:

also everyone really needs to play MyHouse.wad

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Any good Space Opera flavor games around nowadays. No Starfield or NMS. Looking for real poo poo

If you're looking for a space combat game where you don't leave your ship, check out CHORVS from a couple years ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Chorvs is the best arcade space combat game in a while, yeah

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If you're looking for a space combat game where you don't leave your ship, check out CHORVS from a couple years ago

I enjoyed Everspace 2 a lot more that choovs but of course ymmv.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

Ironically I'm finding myself just straight up not enjoying Tears of the Kingdom, in that the map is 3 times as big as BotW and the fusion system isn't a super endearing game mechanic (Outside of the thousand of meme builds it spawned)

This is interesting to me. As someone who hated Breath of the Wild, the fusion system and the building basically had me do a completely 180 on the TOTK compared to BOTW and I ended up doing basically everything in the game outside of getting the "kill all the X" medals. The fusion mechanic alone is incredible to me and my favorite thing about the game.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I recently picked ToTK back up after putting it down for half a year or so and man, it's so refreshing. Running around doing all the things I was starting to get a little burned out on, finding more treasures and exploring the depths more is so fun.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Waiting for the TotK seamless co-op mod

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Isn't Congress trying to ban TotK

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Waffleman_ posted:

yes, they are in the pocket of big impa

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yup. Probably egged on by Ubisoft.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who is Nintendo’s number one competitor? It’s not Ubisoft. It’s not Sony. It’s the switch pirates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

holy gently caress i cannot wait for this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQlQx-RPfI

this class looks so goddamn sick

also psa it is not WAYfarer it is WARfarer thanks in advance