Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He finished second for the Cy Young in 2022 lol

He also had an ERA close to 5 last year and a WHIP over 1.4. He isn't that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If you go simply by last season sure it's not really a contest but if you go by the previous 3 seasons all 3 are pretty similar in terms of era/fip/era+ while Montgomery and Cease will give you more innings vs a bit lower era for Snell.

They all have advantages/disadvantages but to say Cease is bad while the other two are good puts a lot of weight solely on last season (and Snell has had some stinker seasons as well).

Finally Cease pitched in front of the worst defence in baseball last year while Snell and Montgomery had good defenses behind him. Cease's era was definitely inflated from that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 13, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You also have to give up a big package for Cease and you can get Monty or Snell for just cash. Unless you're the Yankees.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ya again there's advantages and disadvantages to all of them including cost of acquiring them. Ya you gotta give up prospects for Cease but you're probably paying him 25 million total for two years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Also Boras is actively hurting Monty and Snell's careers by not having them in camp by now. There is no way they will be ready for the start of the season.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Some loser is protesting the league office in New York on Bauer’s behalf, and he looks exactly as you’d expect

https://twitter.com/weareroyal1988/status/1767672315985420541

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Feels like a GBS photoshop thread

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Let Bauer play against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

Some loser is protesting the league office in New York on Bauer’s behalf, and he looks exactly as you’d expect

https://twitter.com/weareroyal1988/status/1767672315985420541

What the gently caress has to go through a person's brain to show up in person with a sign to simp for Trevor Bauer on a sidewalk.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

It's basically Jalen Brunson or bust now.

Sorry, they're scaling back on calling bullshit fouls so he's in trouble too.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Sydin posted:

What the gently caress has to go through a person's brain to show up in person with a sign to simp for Trevor Bauer on a sidewalk.

The belief that they can fill the hole in their heart with attention. I doubt they were there much longer than the time it took to get that photo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Andrew Tate podcasts?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I know I know, don’t ever read social media comments, but sometimes I can’t help myself. Not talking about that particular post, but there has been so much gross stuff I’ve seen on baseball related Instagram accounts of how “Bauer did nothing wrong ! That lying bitch ruined his life!” Etc.

Makes me thankful to have found this place. You guys are all pretty cool.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

ozymandius1024 posted:

https://x.com/ChrisBrown0914/status/1767630635789648109?s=20

I said it in the GDT, but for the love of God I hope this kid stays healthy.

Have I forgotten what a perfect inning is? The first out is not a swinging strike. Or am I getting confused with an immaculate inning?

DemihumanResources fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 13, 2024

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Judge is also in danger of being late for the season now, he has "abdominal pain" on swings

Not that it matters much if Cole is down but things are going great :v:

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Homer:

Cole’s just a little injured. They’re still good! They’re still good!
Judge is just spring training banged up! They’re still good! They’re still good!
Stanton can’t hit a mid-90s fastball anymore but cut a bunch of weight in the offseason. They’re still good! They’re still good!

Lisa:

They suck, Dad.

Homer:

Oh, I know. :smith:

Well Played Mauer fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 13, 2024

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

DemihumanResources posted:

Have I forgotten what a perfect inning is? The first out is not a swinging strike. Or am I getting confused with an immaculate inning?

Yep, that's the point of your confusion, at least somewhat. Perfect inning means no base runners, 3 up and 3 down. One ninth of a regulation perfect game. Immaculate inning means all outs on 9 strikes (3 strikeouts), though they don't have to be swinging strikes necessarily.

Milovan Drecun fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 13, 2024

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Milovan Drecun posted:

Yep, that's the point of your confusion, at least somewhat. Perfect inning means no base runners, 3 up and 3 down. One ninth of a regulation perfect game. Immaculate inning means all outs on 9 strikes (3 strikeouts), though they don't have to be swinging strikes necessarily.

As compared to a Maddux Inning, which is three weak groundball outs on three pitches.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/onemillioncubs/status/1767630040945091060

lol the Cubs brought in McGwire before they brought back Sosa, what a betrayal!

His kid is a Cubs pitching prospect.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

I hope his kid grows up to be a Cardinal killer

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
what the absolute gently caress

:nms:

quote:

The former Texas Rangers reliever, who signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates in January, posted the 30-second video on his Instagram stories page.

It shows Chapman lying on a couch, snuggling up against an older, gray-haired woman. Chapman squeezes each of her breasts while she gently tries to brush his hands away. Before he stops groping with his hands, he kisses her right breast over her clothing. Her legs are under a blanket, and she appears completely clothed.

Several online sleuths surmised with other photographic evidence that the woman is Chapman's mother, but that hasn't been confirmed.
:nms:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

first they came for our Yadis and I said nothing, for I was not a Molina

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I didn't have the guts to post about that one last night lol

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I absolutely understand anyone who doesn't want to engage with that story at all, I didn't watch the video and I am 100% not going to

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah Aroldis was trending on twitter and I was like, oh did someone sign him, lemme see.....ah

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:wtc:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
yo man wtf

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

what getting cheated with a buzzer does to a motherfucker

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
gotta imagine there’s an absolute abyss of weird child trafficking sex poo poo that goes along with international baseball recruiting, at least if it’s like literally any other industry where rich fuckers dip into impoverished communities (especially in the global south) to extract human capital

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

mcmagic posted:

C'mon dude.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Well

Huh

Alright. Gonna take a break.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1767922488581742738

I think you just need to ask the MRI guy what's up

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

you have some issues lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
At least the Pirates can probably get out of paying him now.

e: actually it might be worst case scenario for Pirate Bob, no way in hell will anyone trade for him so there goes the whole point to signing him and they're stuck paying him.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

zoux posted:

Rolled like a 3 on the Knowledge: Joints check and the DM is sandbagging.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Eric the Mauve posted:

At least the Pirates can probably get out of paying him now.

e: actually it might be worst case scenario for Pirate Bob, no way in hell will anyone trade for him so there goes the whole point to signing him and they're stuck paying him.

Is there a clause for this in any codes of conduct? lmao

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

zoux posted:

I kind of like the idea of a bunch of private investigators combing the five boroughs for the word on the street re: Gerrit Cole's elbow.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lumpy posted:

I kind of like the idea of a bunch of private investigators combing the five boroughs for the word on the street re: Gerrit Cole's elbow.

*longshoreman stacking boxes on the pier* Oh yeah, I remember dat elbow, came through here the other day. I sez to Lenny, that elbow don't look so good

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I kinda feel like it's bad if they are taking this long to announce anything, like they are getting 3rd and 4th opinions hoping someone will tell them no it's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nodoze posted:

I kinda feel like it's bad if they are taking this long to announce anything, like they are getting 3rd and 4th opinions hoping someone will tell them no it's fine

Just the fact they upped their offer for Cease should tell you everything