Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

The new mission type is cool, but I wish it had rare or super samples on higher difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

I'll take a tag gently caress it

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Sweet Liberty please gang me

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Gang tag for democracy please!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Beep beep blip beep
Calling in a gang tag on my position

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I will take this Gang Tag of Family Values

jabowah
Sep 3, 2003
Heat Resistant Lid

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I have a desire for managed democracy and this gang tag

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Since the patch, clusterbombs feel like they're being a lot more consistent in blowing up bot fabricators, even if they still don't like getting into nests.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Tag me up, please clear out my old ones while you're there

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I’ve only just started posting. But hoping I can get one anyway

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

SkyeAuroline posted:

The one addition I'd make to William's list (Liberator or Defender for long range, Breaker for short) is the Slugger shotgun, which is a DMR in disguise. I don't personally use it but it's very effective in the hands of friends that do, out to a deceptively long range. It is a late unlock, though, so you won't have it for a while. I also enjoy the first shotgun (Punisher?), but the Breaker basically replaces it for most purposes.

The machine pistol is the best secondary right now, yeah; it completely replaces the starter pistol on semi auto and is a great "oh poo poo" bhtton on full auto.

Collecting medals for the Slugger now. I like the DMR, and I love the idea of sort of hanging back from the group a bit and taking things out for them at range while they do objectively stuff, but the bugs do not seem to take kindly to this and I wind up mobbed and dead (largely because I am bad at games) You are spot on with the machine pistol. Love it.

I've also become a huge Arc Thrower fan as of late. Once you get the hang of aiming it, it's pretty powerful, it never runs out of ammo, and can net some unique and interesting team kills.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Eason the Fifth posted:

Anybody have a low-key favorite stratagem that they think is underappreciated? That's the shield generator relay for me in bot missions. Short cooldown, great for tossing up around a keypad while you're typing in the sequence, blocks rockets, keeps turrets alive long enough for them to be effective in big skirmishes

The eagle strafing run is very helpful against the new influx of little bugs or when you need a close range strike that that runs in a different pattern from the other eagle strikes.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Pennsylvanian posted:

The eagle strafing run is very helpful against the new influx of little bugs or when you need a close range strike that that runs in a different pattern from the other eagle strikes.

i hope it gets buffed cause in general its one of the coolest looking stratagems imo, throwing the ball and seeing the line of tracers moving away from you is dope. you can also use it danger close

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

RIP Mode7 and admins, KIA by gangtags

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Lumpy posted:

Collecting medals for the Slugger now. I like the DMR, and I love the idea of sort of hanging back from the group a bit and taking things out for them at range while they do objectively stuff, but the bugs do not seem to take kindly to this and I wind up mobbed and dead (largely because I am bad at games) You are spot on with the machine pistol. Love it.

I've also become a huge Arc Thrower fan as of late. Once you get the hang of aiming it, it's pretty powerful, it never runs out of ammo, and can net some unique and interesting team kills.

I was using the Slugger and getting mobbed by bugs too, you just can’t shoot the Hunters/Scavs fast enough. Switching to the machine pistol helps a lot.

What I ultimately ended up doing was running Slugger -> Guard Dog -> EAT. This let me clean up Brood Commanders and Hive Guards by punching through armor, stagger all Bile Spewers, laser all the trash, and then 1 shot all the Chargers.

Felt really really awesome against the bugs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope it gets buffed cause in general its one of the coolest looking stratagems imo, throwing the ball and seeing the line of tracers moving away from you is dope. you can also use it danger close

Cluster Strike is like Strafing Run, but more so

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I've said it before, but: vs slugger, I think the punisher's more limited effective range and armor pen is worth it against bugs for the higher damage that lets you oneshot nearby hunters more consistently and kill stalkers faster.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

How on earth are all the requests even kept track of? Would it not be easier on whoever gives out these tags to put up a Google form or something for everyone to link their usernames to? I feel so bad for the person who has to go and do this lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

Cluster Strike is like Strafing Run, but more so

yeah it rules too but the visual of the strafing run moving in the line away from you is cool and it can be used in chokepoints more easily as a result, its just that i have never felt a need to use it since being low level

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

LazyMaybe posted:

I've said it before, but: vs slugger, I think the punisher's more limited effective range and armor pen is worth it against bugs for the higher damage that lets you oneshot nearby hunters more consistently and kill stalkers faster.

The problem i have with the punisher is the breaker kinda feels like it still does the role better due to the firerate. So if I want armor pen ill take the slugger or libpen, and if I want trash clear its the breaker.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

How else will people know that I am a Founding Father of Family Values across this great forum known as Super Somethingawful?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Internet Explorer posted:

⬆️⬇️➡️⬅️⬆️

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dyz posted:

The problem i have with the punisher is the breaker kinda feels like it still does the role better due to the firerate. So if I want armor pen ill take the slugger or libpen, and if I want trash clear its the breaker.
I think breaker and punisher are roughly equivalent currently. Punisher has more dps/faster trash clear, but worse stagger, worse magsize and a less convenient reload.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Gang tag please.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

LazyMaybe posted:

I think breaker and punisher are roughly equivalent currently. Punisher has more dps/faster trash clear, but worse stagger, worse magsize and a less convenient reload.

Is there a way to stop the reload animation for the punisher/slugger so I can aim at something, aside from just firing off a shot

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there a way to stop the reload animation for the punisher/slugger so I can aim at something, aside from just firing off a shot

You can still aim in third-person or snap a shot in the middle of a rounds reload.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 13, 2024

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Skyl3lazer posted:

The new mission type is cool, but I wish it had rare or super samples on higher difficulties.

Watching pubs trying to figure out that maybe we all need to coordinate to defend one battery at a time given that bugs swarm it from all angles is... entertaining, yet frustrating.

Most of them just run around shooting bugs without realizing that there's an actual objective they need to accomplish.

Also entertaining, yet frustrating - holy hell they somehow got even worse at managing Chargers/Bile Titans. Though to be fair they are pretty bad at managing the new Hunter Hordes that are spawning at the same time. To that end, I honestly think MGs are an even stronger choice for bugs now.

What I'm saying is - the balance patch is good. It's doing a great job encouraging more diverse loadouts as there are multiple genuine approaches to doing a one-size-fits-all build for bugs, and even then you have to prioritize what your stratagems are handling vs. what you personally are handling. It's made the game a touch harder if you're used to the previous "meta", but both of the balance patches (the weapon one and the bug spawn one) are great.

Internet Explorer posted:

jokes posted:

⬆️⬇️➡️⬅️⬆️

:perfect:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 13, 2024

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

beep

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

yes please

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I'll need this where I'm going.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Tag me

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

space uncle posted:

I was using the Slugger and getting mobbed by bugs too, you just can’t shoot the Hunters/Scavs fast enough. Switching to the machine pistol helps a lot.

What I ultimately ended up doing was running Slugger -> Guard Dog -> EAT. This let me clean up Brood Commanders and Hive Guards by punching through armor, stagger all Bile Spewers, laser all the trash, and then 1 shot all the Chargers.

Felt really really awesome against the bugs.

I had stopped using the Guard Dog when I hit 20 thanks to the crutch that is the shield pack, but I think using it in that role makes a lot of sense.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Calling down an orbital gang tag on my position

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Not giving me a gang tag is Treason. Support Democracy, Give me the Tag!

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Gang me please

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

LazyMaybe posted:

I find the extra damage on the Punisher has a notable enough difference on the amount of one-shots I get, especially on smaller targets like the hunter, which is why I really like it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

gang me for liberTEA

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

gang gang gang gang gang please