Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I wonder if there's a "plan" if we don't actually complete all 4 in time (i'm sure we will, given that a weekend is coming up, but then again, the servers sometimes catch fire on the weekends...*)

Or will they just push them through?

* New warbond is also launching tomorrow, which, given that I couldn't play at all the day a new stratagem launched, gives one pause. Maybe I should buy credits early

I'm 100% expecting an "oops, we just mutated them and made them worse."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Please gangtag me for managed democracy, thanks!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Hell yeah! For Liberty!

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I want it please.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

LazyMaybe posted:

I think breaker and punisher are roughly equivalent currently. Punisher has more dps/faster trash clear, but worse stagger, worse magsize and a less convenient reload.

It has better alpha, and over time... but the breaker is still king poo poo of dumping 4k damage out in 2-3 seconds.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

LazyMaybe posted:

I think breaker and punisher are roughly equivalent currently. Punisher has more dps/faster trash clear, but worse stagger, worse magsize and a less convenient reload.

Punisher feels way better at the specific task of one shotting hunters, which is a narrow niche but a super valuable one. The mag size might be technically more limiting but I think the flexibility from shell reloads is nice to have vs. magazine reloads. Feels like there’s a lot of situations where having a full mag is really important and shell reloads let you top off without wasting the remaining magazine.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I would like a gang tag, for liberty.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Doctor Zero posted:

I'm 100% expecting an "oops, we just mutated them and made them worse."

Nonsense, that's freedom you're breathing. :smug:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

imho a rocket or cannon Guard Dog would be more than useful enough to justify the slight risk of friendly fire

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

tag me, please!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

imho a rocket or cannon Guard Dog would be more than useful enough to justify the slight risk of friendly fire

"slight"

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Welp worth a try, I have posted before!

In other news I finally got to level 20 and tried the fabled railgun and I was really ineffective with it. I think you have to be like surgeon-accurate maybe and I'm definitely not there.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Sweet liberty, sign me up for a gang tag! For democracy.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Can I have it, but can I get rid of this goose tag from mobile eve while you're at it?

Just picked up this game, it looks sick as hell and a buddys doing a LAN bachelor party with it

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Perhaps to reduce the risk of friendly fire, and to provide a more stable firing platform we just made this hypothetical Cannon or rocket drone stationary.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Tag! And remember: Friendly fire isn't.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
How are the motion controls for aiming on PS5? Been curious to try them, any suggestions on sensitivity settings?

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Good Squad please!!!

EDIT: You can remove Doctor Rope if need be

TracerBullet fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 13, 2024

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I only got the game recently but am going to be posting more ITT because people are finally realizing the pump shotty is the best weapon

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I will also mention I appreciate how many distinct ways the key bindings can be modified in the settings. I haven't seen this kind of granularity in... I just haven't.

Having spacebar be dive just makes sense.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

it is my honor to dive in hell with goons

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

yes

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

PacoPepe posted:

How are the motion controls for aiming on PS5? Been curious to try them, any suggestions on sensitivity settings?

They're good, I set it to ADS only and left it at default sensitivity, but you can definitely tweak it as necessary.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I like playing demoman but I like playing pyro too. The problem is when I play pyro we get a bunch of spies that just tank the flames and rush you for the kill or the enemy team rolls a bunch of jarate spewers and I can only think "I should've played demo"

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Secondary weapons (or at least the machine pistol) need about double their current ammo pool. As often as you end up needing to use them if you have a slow-firing/single target primary, their pool gets burned through absurdly fast.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Please tag me~

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

forest spirit posted:

I will also mention I appreciate how many distinct ways the key bindings can be modified in the settings. I haven't seen this kind of granularity in... I just haven't.

Having spacebar be dive just makes sense.

Yeah I need to switch it to this really badly. No clue what I'll put mantle on but it's not like I use it often anyway.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Black Noise posted:

I like playing demoman but I like playing pyro too. The problem is when I play pyro we get a bunch of spies that just tank the flames and rush you for the kill or the enemy team rolls a bunch of jarate spewers and I can only think "I should've played demo"

Slugger the spewers in the face. One weird trick to stop the puke. Termanids hate it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I love Managed Democracy, please tag me

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Finally caught up on the thread so not been able to contribute but going to try my luck anyway. Missed the initial server trouble and have been having a great time playing with friends or solo.

This game has a lot of potential and looks like the devs are in good humor and know when to tell redditors to gently caress off. Huge upward trajectory for Managed Democracy, and now I'm reading Starship Troopers too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you're absolutely right, a flamethrower Dog would be even better

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

sushibandit posted:

Secondary weapons (or at least the machine pistol) need about double their current ammo pool. As often as you end up needing to use them if you have a slow-firing/single target primary, their pool gets burned through absurdly fast.

Nah, balance is good where it is with them getting substantially less ammo - they're called 'secondary' for a reason, meaning that they are supposed to be weapons of last resort that you pull out when you're in a dangerous situation and the time spent reloading your primary might be the difference between life and reinforcement.

It's worth noting that the machine pistol has primary weapon levels of performance (it actually has better stats than most automatic primary weapons) balanced only by its low ammo reserves. Doubling the ammo reserves on it would result in... people using it as a primary weapon, when that's not the role it's meant to play.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
In the future is there a way to request a tag without clogging up the thread because God drat

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

you're absolutely right, a flamethrower Dog would be even better

now you're speaking my language

:flame: :2bong:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

fear the shadow of neither death nor tyranny, for posting is your cause

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

sushibandit posted:

Nah, the machine pistol is already ridiculously powerful with limited ammo being it's only downside... You're supposed to be scrounging for ammo, if you're that hard up for ammo efficiency you can swap it to semi auto.

An armor that gave you +2 secondary mags would be cool though.

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

LuiCypher posted:

Nah, balance is good where it is with them getting substantially less ammo - they're called 'secondary' for a reason, meaning that they are supposed to be weapons of last resort that you pull out when you're in a dangerous situation and the time spent reloading your primary might be the difference between life and reinforcement.

It's worth noting that the machine pistol has primary weapon levels of performance (it actually has better stats than most automatic primary weapons) balanced only by its low ammo reserves. Doubling the ammo reserves on it would result in... people using it as a primary weapon, when that's not the role it's meant to play.

The redeemer is great for exactly 2 things, single shotting scavenger packs, or unloading a whole clip into a big bug. I don't think it really does anything against the bots though

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

X for bug destruction, little bees

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

LuiCypher posted:

Yeah the machine pistol has the same stats as the starter pistol but with (more than?) twice the mag size and RoF, it's actually kinda ridiculous how much of a straight upgrade it is since you can just put it on semi-auto if you want to conserve ammo. If I had to guess the devs thought it'd be balanced with lower hidden stats like velocity/AP but that ends up not really compensating at all.

The revolver is actually pretty decent as well, I just wish it didn't have that obnoxious triangle crosshair thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

My life for Super Earth