Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Shard posted:

we aren't bringing it back Erin! Embrace the future!

I'll use my big widescreen TV for movies, but you will NEVER stop me from extolling the artistic virtue of the CRT for wrestling! Never!! :argh:

It just feels bigger and better!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

wrestling and fighting games were both ruined by widescreen

More wrestling shows need to use a camera above the corner like the Fire Pro games. I feel like I’ve seen it a couple of times for short shots, but I’d be intrigued by that as the hard cam to see how it plays visually long-term.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'll use my big widescreen TV for movies, but you will NEVER stop me from extolling the artistic virtue of the CRT for wrestling! Never!! :argh:

HAVE FUN MOVING ALL THOSE HEAVY TUBES! ME AND MY 60 INCH FLATSCREEN THAT ONLY WEIGHS 20 POUNDS WILL BE OVER HERE IN HIGH DEF!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shard posted:

HAVE FUN MOVING ALL THOSE HEAVY TUBES! ME AND MY 60 INCH FLATSCREEN THAT ONLY WEIGHS 20 POUNDS WILL BE OVER HERE IN HIGH DEF!

Jokes on you! My giant TV in my living room is a Panasonic Viera plasma my brother bought in Germany in like 2011 and it's also extremely heavy!!!!

:negative:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

A 27" CRT was the first thing I ever bought with money I earned and I lugged that thing from place to place, even keeping it after I upgraded to flat screens so I had that authentic N64/Dreamcast experience. Two years ago when I moved into my 2nd floor condo with a long hallway between the stairs and my door I looked at that heavy rear end thing and told the junk man to haul it away rather than carry it any further.

I miss it.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

imagine not being able to pickup a tv cant be me *flex*

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

titantron on the trinitron. poo poo is heavy brother.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The first tv I had was one of those CRTs that had a dresser build around it. It was more wood than television. It also ruled. I had another smaller tv ontop of it in case my brother wanted to do something while I was using it or vice versa. If I can ever dig up an old picture I'll share it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I use a record player for extra ~warmth~

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Really wish one of the early Raw vs Smackdown games would have had a Howard Stern Wack Packer dlc.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/JustinWhang/status/1767773786089115841?s=20

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

panko posted:

(at the barcade sipping a $9 IPA and mashing in kof’96 on an mvs with a sticky d button while the ‘93 rumble plays overhead on wall-mounted crts, house speakers vacillating between Now Thats What I Call The 80s 2 and the hottest vaporwave tracks of 2012) poo poo was so much better then…

funny you mention kof because snk was bankrupted for a second time when they tried to make sprites that would look good on high-definition widescreen TVs

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

and thus. fighting games were ruined

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

funny you mention kof because snk was bankrupted for a second time when they tried to make sprites that would look good on high-definition widescreen TVs

For all of Fight Forever's problems, at least it was a better package than KOF12.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I recently got a 36” Sony Trinitron for free from Craigslist and that fucker weighs 265 pounds. A friend and I were able to get it into the basement once we tried those straps movers wear to move big furniture. It made it so much easier, but it was hell getting to that point.

Now I’ll never move it again and it will be there until I die.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1767919990529831175

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I recently got a 36” Sony Trinitron for free from Craigslist and that fucker weighs 265 pounds. A friend and I were able to get it into the basement once we tried those straps movers wear to move big furniture. It made it so much easier, but it was hell getting to that point.

Now I’ll never move it again and it will be there until I die.

if you sell the house or move, just leave it there. It can become part of the structure.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I found an old 27" CRT on a street corner several years ago and it has become my retro game/VCR TV and I will probably die picking it up some day but it's fine

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This is cool as hell Erin

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is that song supposed to be bad? tehy hosed up big time.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

I'm sure Teddy Long is thrilled at this news

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Every day giving Luna Vachon a "legacy wing" induction becomes more and more egregious

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

thunderbolt patterson is cool though

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wrestling lost something when commentary stopped having massive monitors in/on the desks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Lol wimps lifting a crt is easy

Murdstone posted:

I'M NOT SPIDER-MAN I AM AN ORDINARY MAN NAMED PETER PARKER

Just be bitten by a spider

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I always wondered how someone couldn't figure out pete was spider-man or clark was superman. They acted nerdy but wouldn't they still be built like brick houses?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Majinfoose posted:

I found an old 27" CRT on a street corner several years ago and it has become my retro game/VCR TV and I will probably die picking it up some day but it's fine

I found a 10” TV with built-in VCR on the side of the road. Smelled like a basement but I stuck it in a bin with baking soda changed out every week for a month or so and it smelled much less like a basement. One day I hooked it up to my MacBook as an external monitor just to see if I could and it was weirdly fun using this little TV as a monitor for some goofing around.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

This is the unmatched production quality of the WWE

*farty beeps*

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Shard posted:

I always wondered how someone couldn't figure out pete was spider-man or clark was superman. They acted nerdy but wouldn't they still be built like brick houses?

Peter Parker has proportional strength of a spider, so he’s strong but still normal sized. Clark Kent is usually portrayed as a huge country-strong hayseed like Braun Stroman but ridiculously clumsy and bumbling.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Shard posted:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
That Jade Cargill theme is great, where's the Newgrounds link?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you could try looking at the tweet whang is quote-tweeting

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Alaois posted:

you could try looking at the tweet whang is quote-tweeting

No see, I was trying to make a joke, oh never mind.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

Peter is lithe and wiry, but not in any particularly large way, so yeah, the Chidi thing. He's not like gigantic or anything.

Superman doesn't wear a mask, so at least in story the idea is no one thinks he's ever not Superman or that he has a secret identity, which I suppose makes some sort of sense. Superman is also best depicted as *acting* like a goof when he's Clark - clumsy, slouching, plus the glasses. Christopher Reeves does a pretty good job making their body language different in the movies.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Plus if a dude at your work looks like someone famous, it's a funny bit, maybe a commercial idea, not a secret identity. People's minds don't work that way

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Off topic but I remember that line from Kill Bill where Bill says Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the human race and even then I thought I always figured Superman was the front and his real personality is Clark Kent a farmer from Kansas trying his best to do the right thing but being clumsy about it. And in his head he was like ok I gotta be like a hero let me pretend to be this bigger than life figure.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Making your villain sound like he knows nothing about a pop culture figure is still a weird monologue to give him.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TheKingslayer posted:

Wrestling lost something when commentary stopped having massive monitors in/on the desks.

I bet the wrestlers doing announce table bumps don’t miss them lol.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mario paint rear end theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Blasmeister posted:

I bet the wrestlers doing announce table bumps don’t miss them lol.

Even as a kid, I remember thinking, "Wow, that must really hurt their backs".