Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

afroserty posted:

The redeemer is great for exactly 2 things, single shotting scavenger packs, or unloading a whole clip into a big bug. I don't think it really does anything against the bots though

Try it against berzerkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Hwurmp posted:

you're absolutely right, a flamethrower Dog would be even better

Running four of them across the party would be hilarious. Perhaps the devs will throw this out as a mission modifier where you are forced to do this.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Waffle House posted:

Nonsense, that's freedom you're breathing. :smug:

I'm 100% expecting an "oops, we just mutated them and made them worse free-er."

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
PSA: this is what happens to the ICBM if you forget to salute it

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1767735668262752601?t=6z-sEOWq1yy0_7CXk-sHrg&s=19

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Please and thank you!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Eason the Fifth posted:

In the future is there a way to request a tag without clogging up the thread because God drat

If only we could be so lucky.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Fun bug last night. Called down the evac shuttle, but none of us could board it. Just had to keep fighting off bugs until the mission timer counted down at which point the shuttle flew away with none of us in it.

Huckabee Sting
Oct 2, 2006

A stolen King, a burning ego, and a gas station katana.

Mode 7 posted:

I would love it. Thank you!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

I sure hope I have enough lovely posts in this thread becaues I would like this please thank you

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Affirmative for gang tag! I love managed democracy, I can't wait to find out how I voted in the last election!

You can remove other gang tags if convenient.

I'm hoping for a lightning rover and a lightning orbital shot so I can live out my inner fantasies of cosplaying Dynamo from Total Recall!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mode 7 posted:

You know I am always ready to spread Managed Democracy with Lightning and Fire!

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Phanatic posted:

Fun bug last night. Called down the evac shuttle, but none of us could board it. Just had to keep fighting off bugs until the mission timer counted down at which point the shuttle flew away with none of us in it.

You are supposed to knock so they know it’s safe to let you in.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Hwurmp posted:

you're absolutely right, a flamethrower Dog would be even better
realtalk though if they ever add flame-resistant armor these would be legit as hell

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I want: flame resistant armor and a little flamethrower drone

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

jokes posted:

Same but id also just take a flame thrower drone.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Hopefully my single other on-topic post in the thread qualifies me for the tag but no worries if not!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Risky move, but not undemocratic

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I also smash bugs and die to robutts.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I plan on commenting more since I picked up HD2 a few weeks ago, could I get this gang tag?

That said, bummed there’s a nice update and new orders while I’m out of state for a full week :/

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ringo Star Get posted:

That said, bummed there’s a nice update and new orders while I’m out of state for a full week :/

Lol same. At least there'll be a hype new warbond waiting for us :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

jokes posted:

In rough order:

Flame-resistant armor
Flame drone
Eagle EMS

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a flamethrower Guard Dog could be a Hot Dog

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

(bravely) Give me the lightning drone.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

My first gang tag because this game is amazing.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Flame drone would make for tremendous content.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Yes please if it's still an option.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

There should be a hilariously goofy looking helmet that is resistant to the drone's laser

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

jokes posted:

There should be a hilariously goofy looking helmet that is resistant to the drone's laser

Tinfoil coated.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Only just woke up to see this, would like one if it's still an option!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

lol it just reflects it onto nearby helldivers

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

jokes posted:

lol it just reflects it onto nearby helldivers

Tactical Discoball

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I just want a drone that follows me and gives me a Salute every time I do something cool (which is all the time)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

FOR DEMOCRACY!

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I’m from Something Awful, and I say TAG EM ALL! (And myself, please)

Quicksilver6 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 13, 2024

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

has anyone checked to see if the TV camera is still pointing backwards on the drone? biggest outstanding issue that the devs have refused to acknowledge

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

jokes posted:

I want: flame resistant armor

If they didn't want to be fuel for democracy's pyre they wouldn't have been standing in front of me

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Every single mission running flame armor, flame throwers, flame drone, flame grenades, I would simply announce via voice chat "fire it up"

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

jokes posted:

Every single mission running flame armor, flame throwers, flame drone, flame grenades, I would simply announce via voice chat "fire it up"

The second a Fire Resistance armorperk shows up:

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Chillgamesh posted:

If they didn't want to be fuel for democracy's pyre they wouldn't have been standing in front of me
Good news! There's already a flamer-equipped version of the exosuit in the game files. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If you have multiple Eagle strategems available (say, airstrike and strafing run) and you burn all of the airstrikes, does it head back to rearm or does it stick around to give you strafing run support too? Basically, is it all one Eagle hovering in CAS, or is each attack run type a different plane? It seems like it should be the former but I'm not sure.

I know you can manually send them back early, but I'm currently putting my supplies into the Hangar and wonder if swapping out another strategem for a second Eagle is worthwhile. I'm using airstrikes now but both the strafing run and rocket pods both seem nice in different ways, at least until I unlock the orbital railgun.

E: and any cool armor perks? I'm liking the light medic armor for now since using medals to buy SuperMoney or whatever seemed like a decent conversion ratio at first. In retrospect I probably should have saved that to buy a premium warbond.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 13, 2024