Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
American Psycho but starring MrBeast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Slotducks posted:

I miss the giant bomb thread so I could watch it's demise vicariously through people too bought in to quit watching.

Once Ryan passed, that site was doomed.

The awful thing about whole thing is that,according to Jeff, had Ryan not passed the site would have been dead in like six months.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

crosposting from the DnD Social Media Companies thread because it fits here too

lot of good AVs there

This site is really handy for stitching images together into a gif, resizing it, reducing the file size et etc : https://ezgif.com/

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

What's the thumbnail equivalent of eggshell with Romalian type?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

fun hater posted:

"people crave authenticity, so be yourself above all" is so obvious and has been extensively time tested by the entirety of human history as the most reliable way to build an audience that doesnt suck. people cannot be surprised at this. and its frankly pathetic to see people pretend to be shocked by this revelation

One of the more notable examples of this is seeing people of the videogame talky persuation that try and have an edgy view on the industry and what titles to get only to choke down and have several videos on how modern games are going to poo poo, making videos looking like they're going to blow their brains out on their living room or car and then I follow someone from my rolodex and find out they're going thru virtual pinball series without giving a hoot about really modern titles. Gee, I can listen to x video on how the Switch is bad bc of non instant 60fps output or watch someone plink at SuperMarket Simulator with the K-mart series tapes on the background. What a hard choice.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 13, 2024

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

There is an idea of a Mr. Beast, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can make my thumbnail face and you can like and comment and maybe you can even sense yourself subscribing to my channel: I simply am not there.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the business card scene but they're comparing thumbnails

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lmao mike ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Redezga posted:

Where do Game Grumps fit in the gamer anger power ranking because I feel like channel name and theme song aside the episode where Arin sharted himself in rage playing Parodius surely makes him a contender for a second or third place spot at least.

the third angeriest gamer is the game dude who is currently an international fugitive

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

fun hater posted:

the business card scene but they're comparing thumbnails

"Do you like Pewdiepie? His early work was a little too 'screaming at games' for my tastes, but when he had that heated gamer moment, he really came into his own, commercially and artistically."

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
"Look at that subtle red text in the title, the tasteful thickness of the outline. Oh my god... it even has an emoji"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jimbot posted:

The awful thing about whole thing is that,according to Jeff, had Ryan not passed the site would have been dead in like six months.

I’m sorry what?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
what happened to giantbomb loving sucks esp since it seemed like jeff fought very hard for it for a long time behind the scenes to keep everyone together when every sale went through. it deserved better

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Clerical Terrors posted:

"Look at that subtle red text in the title, the tasteful thickness of the outline. Oh my god... it even has an emoji"

I appreciated Linus Bowman’s take on that scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKc54z5SsEs

Particularly at the final reveal this would never actually happen because their firm’s branding department would have a standardized card they would all have to use.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I considered myself to be extremely online but then I see Mr. Beast and think "Who is this dude? Wait, he is so popular that he casually gives life changing amounts of money for content?"

Seriously, I first heard of him from those terrible burgers he used to hawk back during the pandemic.

EDIT: Or maybe I did hear about him but conflated him with LA Beast, the point is I am :corsair:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 13, 2024

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Mr.Beast is a demon sent to communicate that there are people that watch the videos on the trending tab.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I will say that Mr. Beast's rictus looks like it was generated in a lab.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I wish to have the money to just make game shows on the Internet like Mr Beast.

And I think Giant Bomb *was* great, but as pretty much every gaming website is imploding at the moment, including FunHaus, I am now paranoid even new ventures like Second Wind might go away, even if it's just beginning and independently funded

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

People who watch videos on the Trending page are the modern version of people who's browser homepage was MSN

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I prefer Gerstmann’s new show to the last year he did on Giantbomb. It has more news.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

the jeff gerstmann show is great, and he seems to be having a good time doing his solo stuff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I do miss his old stream layout though

But the soundboard has never been better

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Now whenever I play as Mr. Beast in Fortnite I won't be able to remove the notion in my mind that he isn't having fun when I make him do the Macarena.

Immersion ruined.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Unlucky7 posted:

I considered myself to be extremely online but then I see Mr. Beast and think "Who is this dude? Wait, he is so popular that he casually gives life changing amounts of money for content?"

Seriously, I first heard of him from those terrible burgers he used to hawk back during the pandemic.

EDIT: Or maybe I did hear about him but conflated him with LA Beast, the point is I am :corsair:

Honestlly, without this thread I would've never even seen or heard a single thing about this guy so like... for someone who's supposed to be the most popular online man ever or whatever his deal is, he sure doesn't get much actual circulation in practice? :shrug:

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Redezga posted:

Now whenever I play as Mr. Beast in Fortnite I won't be able to remove the notion in my mind that he isn't having fun when I make him do the Macarena.

Immersion ruined.

mrbeast is actually the human being that comes the closest to being a fortnite character irl due to being a soulless husk that exists only to generate money

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Checking Jimmy Beast's youtube history is funny because he started as a Minecraft youtuber and jumped from game to game then got into "how much money does [popular youtuber] make?" videos. His first megahit view video was a clickbait "how to unlock any iphone without the passcode" (22 million views) and he pivoted from there to stunts like microwaving a microwave and counting to 100,000 on camera. It was the money from those videos that allowed him to start doing the cash giveaway videos that became his bread and butter. So there never was a real Jimmy Beast he was always a product.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i dont know if jauwn ever gets posted here but i love the guy, his series on terrible crypto scam games is very entertaining and i especially like ones like these two where he covers a couple of obscure german titles, both from the same company. all that and no forced terrible humor--good package

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xex91qNVzDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS_5BvEVn4k

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Lotus Aura posted:

Honestlly, without this thread I would've never even seen or heard a single thing about this guy so like... for someone who's supposed to be the most popular online man ever or whatever his deal is, he sure doesn't get much actual circulation in practice? :shrug:

I generally assume that the venn diagram of "youtube/tiktok algorithms specifically targeted to appeal to 18-25 year olds" and "people posting on this website" has no real overlap for multiple reasons, both age-wise and "people least likely to just blindly let youtube algorithm pick what videos you watch"-wise

I think the first I really heard of him was during that Whole Thing where he was doing calls to action for people watching his videos to clean up the display cases of his chocolate bars if they saw them in stores

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
all this Mr Beast chat reminds me of how generally pre-modern royal heads of state had a shorter life expectancy then the average person, usually dying before 50 either from war, disease, or gout/excess (also consequences of inbreeding)

What I'm say is Mr Beast is not long for this world and he's eventually going to die as a result of his career, either from his own actions or being killed by someone over his content.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pentyne posted:

all this Mr Beast chat reminds me of how generally pre-modern royal heads of state had a shorter life expectancy then the average person, usually dying before 50 either from war, disease, or gout/excess (also consequences of inbreeding)

What I'm say is Mr Beast is not long for this world and he's eventually going to die as a result of his career, either from his own actions or being killed by someone over his content.

Finding out he's only 25 blew my mind.

cumpantry posted:

i dont know if jauwn ever gets posted here but i love the guy, his series on terrible crypto scam games is very entertaining and i especially like ones like these two where he covers a couple of obscure german titles, both from the same company. all that and no forced terrible humor--good package

Was introduced to him when I got recommended his really good video about Dr. Disrespect's game that will probably never come out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUXfgS-isA

His theme song is also great.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 13, 2024

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:negative: Why are youtubers so weird
https://twitter.com/Crucimicks/status/1767602904003682542?t=ENYFFhhSodFv16789furCg&s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

There's at least two or three thins on that list i missed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thank you guy with like 20 probations for posting bad tweets. This tweet is bad.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
I was baffled enough by the claim that PhilosophyTube rapes ContraPoints that I clicked on the replies and what I got was a QAnon-style conspiracy post of screenshots of 4chan posts at a resolution too small to read. What is going on?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

KingKalamari posted:

I was baffled enough by the claim that PhilosophyTube rapes ContraPoints that I clicked on the replies and what I got was a QAnon-style conspiracy post of screenshots of 4chan posts at a resolution too small to read. What is going on?

Nearest I can remember from like 2+ years ago: They had a falling out. ContraPoints only mentioned on some livestream, when asked about Abigail coming out and transitioning, "That person is no longer in my life". And nothing else.

So everything beyond that is pure speculation and weird internet dweller drama manufacturing. The only sources about "PT raped Contra" are extremely bigoted 4chan types who are clearly just trying to make that the going narrative to attack PT.

Most likely the entire point of the image in that tweet is to continue laundering this made up theory into public discourse.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Groovelord Neato posted:

Finding out he's only 25 blew my mind.

Was introduced to him when I got recommended his really good video about Dr. Disrespect's game that will probably never come out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QUXfgS-isA

His theme song is also great.

the driving segment they added to the disrespect game is insanely funny because wtf. just throw whatever at the wall i guess

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cumpantry posted:

the driving segment they added to the disrespect game is insanely funny because wtf. just throw whatever at the wall i guess

It was originally a battle royal that was vertically inclined so you'd move up (or down can't remember) the tower instead of into a smaller horizontal area like the rest of the genre. Then it turned into an extraction shooter because that became the hot thing but I'm not sure if that was before or after they got on the NFT trend. The driving bit is baffling who would want to do that every match.

edit: man I forgot about the slow ladders when Warzone - a game Dr. Disrespect plays most of the time - already solved this with the zip line things.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 13, 2024

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

KingKalamari posted:

Did this as well but immediately say the tweet author casually misgendering ContraPoints as well as other weird implied accusations so realized this was just several layers of stupid

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Are we saying that the guy with 20 probations for posting bad tweets, posted a bad tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Are we saying that the guy with 20 probations for posting bad tweets, posted a bad tweet

still gathering more evidence but its starting to lean that way