Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Wait why does she have rabbit pheromones in the first place?

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 18, 1962)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Man, WAR is pretty grim, but good.

And Mexikids, too.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I think Tildy and Andrzej overestimated his popularity.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Legi

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/12/04

Brenda Starr 10/23-25/52

Smokey Stover 4/27/60

Everyday Movies 5/1/37

"Sure, lady, you said it was the top floor, but some way you made us think it was a two-story house."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/22-24/43

Closer Than We Think! 4/27/60

Selachian fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 13, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Just don't drop a Junior Mint into the patient, Leroy.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Your husband gave ME the dickens too, Mrs. Noodleheimer. :biglips:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 4/27/60

The first small completely unmanned train lines were built at the end of the 60s so it really was pretty close. They didn't become a thing on major metropolitan lines until the 80s though.

For partial credit the New York subway did in fact get driverless trains soon after this was published but as far as I know it never made it the rest of the way to full automation.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(4/1/1994)

(4/2/1994)

Ziggy

(10/6/1971)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, October 5-10, 1984

GAMS
Note 17: (Sorry missed this one yesterday):

quote:

White Castle
Columbus based slider hamburger franchise that you go to when you're drunk.
Thanks, Jeff.
Note 18:

quote:

Ronnie Doody
Parody of President Ronald Reagan who was running for re-election in 1984 dressing him up as 1950s kid's TV puppet star Howdy Doody.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Daddy Daze, please don't. The baby babbling does not make this cute.

Also would help if we had even seen this dude before.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze is going to be posted with spoiler tags for the next two weeks, because an arc about parental death is honestly hitting too close to home for me.

Please feel free to put the strip on hiatus or just hardlink to the CK page every day or something. If seeing/posting it is causing you even the slightest anything, don't feel like anyone here is asking that of you. If you want to continue posting it but don't want to see this bit, I'll volunteer to look at it every couple of days and let you know when it's through this nonsense.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Huxley posted:

Please feel free to put the strip on hiatus or just hardlink to the CK page every day or something. If seeing/posting it is causing you even the slightest anything, don't feel like anyone here is asking that of you. If you want to continue posting it but don't want to see this bit, I'll volunteer to look at it every couple of days and let you know when it's through this nonsense.

Hey yeah please don't cause yourself emotional pain posting comics to Something Awful.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

No ring.

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

feel free to not post daddy daze during this storyline, or hell even after it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

EasyEW posted:

Olive & Popeye

Minor detail but the artist must have a Girl Scout in her life. The axolotl is this years theme to cookie sales patch.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Bok rules. Good dude.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Oh my god, Bok rules.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

confirmed: Bok is hot

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
I'm obviously a little more okay with Daddy Daze than some of you, but yeah, that's kind of a tonal clash.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (February 19, 1936)

Peanuts (March 16, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire And His Imaginary Short Stack Friend

Li'l Abner (January 30-February 1, 1936)

Thimble Theater (October 16, 1940)

Out Our Way (March 23-25, 1944)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

kidcoelacanth posted:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Such war crimes are just plain medieval. :stare:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

No you loving didn't. You didn't find poo poo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Cul de Sac

Nice work if you can get it.

FoxTrot Classix

For our International audience (and as an excuse to watch some fun videos): the NFL's Minnesota Vikings played in the Metrodome. It was notable for its air-supported fiberglass roof, which collapsed spectacularly due to rapid and unusually heavy snow accumulation in 2010 hours before a Vikings home game (Which was postponed and moved to Detroit's Ford Field, over 10 hours away.) It was demolished in 2014 to make way for the far more angular, rigid US Bank Stadium.

Rose is Rose

Unfortunately, when they got inside it was just a bunch of smug old men patting themselves on the back and making terrible puns.

Bad Machinery

howe_sam posted:

:sickos: there it is, the pinnacle of Bad Machinery.

Space is the Place is a really solid one-shot; One of my personal favorite Bad Machinery moments is coming up in a few pages.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Bok loving rules.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JethroMcB posted:

Bad Machinery

Oh my god that guy's website URL T-shirt complete with the loving index.jsp :allears:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

NRVNQSR posted:

For partial credit the New York subway did in fact get driverless trains soon after this was published but as far as I know it never made it the rest of the way to full automation.

Correct, the MTA is not fully automated. One of the biggest hurdles is people. In order to automate the MTA, you'd have to retrofit each station with doors that prevent people from climbing onto the track, lest your subway system become a fully automated person squisher. Every time the idea comes up, the MTA decides it doesn't want to make that kind of capital expenditure.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I think Tildy and Andrzej overestimated his popularity.

oh yeah I forgot to quote this in my comics roundup post but this is such good poo poo

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Spoilered for a joke in bad taste combining Achewood and the above comic (as combined ten years ago by SA's Gavok)

Thankfully, Bok is just a cool dragon dude and not some psycho.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 13, 2024

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

hell maybe we can use this as an excuse to have jeffery far side daddy daze

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Angelique Drives The Tesla Wrong, Instantly Killing Herself And RL, Skunk Child Unharmed

"I've moved to a new country. Better recruit the locals to my sports team in another country."

Congrats On Your Genderqueer/Demi Kids

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(September 14, 1910)

The Krazy Kat bit is a decade too early for the Straw Hat riot but is basically the same principal. No wearing straw hats after August.

Baron Bean(March 15, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(February 12, 1913)

Gasoline Alley(November 5, 1919)

Us Boys(March 13, 1912)

The Gumps(April 11, 1917)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Strontium posted:

Daddy Daze is going to be posted with spoiler tags for the next two weeks, because an arc about parental death is honestly hitting too close to home for me.

Sally Forth did an arc about Ted's dad dying right around the same time my dad was dying and that was rough, even though Sally Forth isn't even one of my strips.

You do what you have to do for your own emotional wellbeing, whether that means spoilering that strip or skipping it entirely. I would say that even if Daddy Daze were a strip I liked. And take good care of yourself offline too, please.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Is that move even legal in "real" wrestling?

Home Free

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Yikes, Luann, that's a non-answer if I ever heard one. I hope they're not trying to foreshadow whats-her-name cheating on Brad.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nth'ing that you should feel free to drop Daddy Daze for this arc if that would be better for you, Strontium. Even if it were great, your comfort is more important, and I also have trepidations about how the goofy precocious babbling infant strip can handle this subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

Yikes, Luann, that's a non-answer if I ever heard one. I hope they're not trying to foreshadow whats-her-name cheating on Brad.

She doesn't want kids and Brad keeps pressuring her to get pregnant. (It seems they never once talked about it before getting married, both just assuming the other felt the same way.) That's why she's so unenthused about it it right now and why she hesitates to tell Brad.