Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

If you have multiple Eagle strategems available (say, airstrike and strafing run) and you burn all of the airstrikes, does it head back to rearm or does it stick around to give you strafing run support too? Basically, is it all one Eagle hovering in CAS, or is each attack run type a different plane? It seems like it should be the former but I'm not sure.

I know you can manually send them back early, but I'm currently putting my supplies into the Hangar and wonder if swapping out another strategem for a second Eagle is worthwhile. I'm using airstrikes now but both the strafing run and rocket pods both seem nice in different ways, at least until I unlock the orbital railgun.

bad link

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ravenfood posted:

If you have multiple Eagle strategems available (say, airstrike and strafing run) and you burn all of the airstrikes, does it head back to rearm or does it stick around to give you strafing run support too? Basically, is it all one Eagle hovering in CAS, or is each attack run type a different plane? It seems like it should be the former but I'm not sure.
Rearm only triggers automatically once you've used up every eagle strat you have equipped.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The link doesn't work, chief

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Ravenfood posted:

I know you can manually send them back early, but I'm currently putting my supplies into the Hangar and wonder if swapping out another strategem for a second Eagle is worthwhile. I'm using airstrikes now but both the strafing run and rocket pods both seem nice in different ways, at least until I unlock the orbital railgun.

It won't rearm until all your Eagle strategems of all types are gone, there's just one Eagle

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Ravenfood posted:

It's all from one plane and it'll stick around until you deplete all of the Eagle stratagems after which it'll rearm everything at once. And as long as you use them liberally equipping multiple different Eagle airstrikes is excellent because of the low cooldown between strikes.

Xanasar
Dec 27, 2006

This is probably a coincidence, but playing last night I fell off a ledge but accidentally pressed the dive key right before I hit the ground and took no damage. Visually nothing happened, but I feel like that should have taken off an eighth of my life bar. Helldivers, if you're falling to your doom, maybe give it a shot

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Forget flamethrower dog, give me smoke launcher dog for a different kind of freedom.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I always dive off ledges because the limp flailing you switch to after the dive animation finishes is funny.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Gang me up please and thank you! (Also please remove the tag I already have if possible)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I feel like I need night vision or a better flashlight, these night missions loving suck

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Gimme a camera drone that follows you around with a bright light to provide optimal lighting and blasts Super Patriotic music to keep your spirits up. it also rewards you a Super Credit whenever it captures you doing awesome stuff, like getting big killstreaks or posing on top of dead Bile titans or in front of nuclear explosions.

Any reports that it also attracts the attention of basically every enemy patrol in the local mission area are just lies being told by haters of Managed Democracy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jokes posted:

I feel like I need night vision or a better flashlight, these night missions loving suck

Thermal would be fun for smoke-heavy builds or foggy planets. But it would be completely useless on the volcano planets.

Xanasar
Dec 27, 2006

I'm convinced eventually they'll make a night vision booster

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Are we the baddies?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I would love a gang tag please!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Even hoping to get flame resistant armor is such shocking cowardice. Just trust your team, or at least your provided stims!

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

causticBeet posted:

The [Punisher] mag size might be technically more limiting but I think the flexibility from shell reloads is nice to have vs. magazine reloads. Feels like there’s a lot of situations where having a full mag is really important and shell reloads let you top off without wasting the remaining magazine.

PSA: You get a shorter reload if you leave one round in the magazine (technically in the chamber) as you skip the ending of the reload where you feed the first round into the chamber. When I'm using the Breaker which now has a 13 round mag, I count out 4 sets of 3 shots while firing and then reload with the extra round, then count out 3+3+3+3+1 to get the fast reload every time. The fast reload is quick enough to where I don't reload between fights, I just hold R to see how much I've got left in the mag before engaging and then counting the remaining rounds -1 before fast reloading. It's a fun rhythm to get into when you're getting overrun near extra ammo and want to dispense all of your mags as fast as possible.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Given how effective the TCS is against the bugs you almost forget its 100% safe for all OTHER living things...

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Jerkface posted:

Given how effective the TCS is against the bugs you almost forget its 100% safe for all OTHER living things...

It would be anti-democratic to suggest otherwise citizen.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Even hoping to get flame resistant armor is such shocking cowardice. Just trust your team, or at least your provided stims!

The fire of your faith in Managed Democracy should burn hotter than any flamethrower, keeping you safe!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Just got the game - Will be more active in the thread I swear. Please hook me up and forever rid me of the WOW Gang tag help.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Baby T. Love posted:

PSA: You get a shorter reload if you leave one round in the magazine (technically in the chamber) as you skip the ending of the reload where you feed the first round into the chamber.

This game has surprising amounts of realism in some respects. I’m still pleasantly amazed it uses ammo measured by magazine (AS GOD AND DEMOCRACY INTENDED) rather than the puerile “unlimited mags as long as you have spare bullets” that even the Ghost Recon games use now , to my consternation.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

My life for Super Earth!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

For Prosperity!

Quicksilver6 posted:

This game has surprising amounts of realism in some respects. I’m still pleasantly amazed it uses ammo measured by magazine (AS GOD AND DEMOCRACY INTENDED) rather than the puerile “unlimited mags as long as you have spare bullets” that even the Ghost Recon games use now , to my consternation.

Yeah it took me aback at first but it's actually such a good mechanic. Especially with the Autocannon, reloading with 5 to 1 rounds left is so much more efficient which is helpful when getting rushed down.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Jerkface posted:

By coincidence, we're introducing a new mechanic: freedomutations.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

SpiderHellDiver-Man when?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Quicksilver6 posted:

SpiderHellDiver-Man when?

Bitten by a radioactive patriot...

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

No, no, no, that’s Hell-Terminid, The Only Democratic Insect.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Quicksilver6 posted:

No, no, no, that’s Hell-Terminid, The Only Democratic Insect.

He's de-terminid to get your vote!

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Too busy helldiving to :justpost: but I want candy :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I like the detail on my medic suit that the pouches once carried a huge array of medical equipment to treat any wounds, which have since been thrown out to pack in more meth stims.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Quicksilver6 posted:

backblast being a thing to watch out for when running behind someone carrying an RR is nice touch

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Night10194 posted:

I like the detail on my medic suit that the pouches once carried a huge array of medical equipment to treat any wounds, which have since been thrown out to pack in more meth stims.

Pure amphetamine with a hint of Ibuprofen and water. Get your rear end back out there soldier. For. Democracy.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Load times are fast now... but I'm crashing whenever I try to connect to a game.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

I crave this tag more than I can explain.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I also wish the range on giving someone stims or ammo from a supply pack was just a bit larger, realism be damned.

Also for some reason I've been meleed several times by people after I run up and give them ammo and I cannot figure out why. It's not like anyone takes my ammo which is why I keep shoving it at them.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Yes please, and you can remove the old one

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Finally on the ground floor for cool tags!

I can't even remember how or why I have pillbug, but it has been... Well, there I guess. Good thing I can keep it too then!

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

Dyz posted:

Try it against berzerkers

I will try this as I am a coward who mainly fight bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Basic Chunnel posted:

Load times are fast now... but I'm crashing whenever I try to connect to a game.

Yeah, it's been a lot more crash happy since the patch. Just had a CTD after extracting.