Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tommy T. once said the failure of the Amico was due to Gaming Racists.

And he was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They could (and should) have anyway, plenty of Italians in Boston

those are americans. common mistake

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They could (and should) have anyway, plenty of Italians in Boston

We trapped them all in the East near the airport. Those ghouls the Brotherhood makes you fight are the gabbaghouls.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stux posted:

those are americans. common mistake

They’re actually all sleeper agents planted by the italian government

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I've only made four of em. Now I have a hankering to make more.

Hell yeah
Do you draw often and if so do you host your work anywhere? I like this a lot :3:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Solefald posted:

Hell yeah
Do you draw often and if so do you host your work anywhere? I like this a lot :3:

I draw in little bursts now and then. I like starting tons of projects and never seeing them through. Here's something i posted in BYOB, inspired by Linda Cube

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I draw in little bursts now and then. I like starting tons of projects and never seeing them through. Here's something i posted in BYOB, inspired by Linda Cube

these are really cool. u need to make an rpgmaker game NOW!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

halloween kills ruled

It’s a great time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVEJc-ku1tw

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Plant MONSTER. posted:

In an attempt to relive that era of gaming. I came across this site that creates random configurations of pixels. Some of them look like old game monsters. I take the ones that capture my attention and reinterpret them as if they were entries in some guide. I even give them names that are reminiscent of things from old zelda titles.

nice freaking technique..

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

love michael myeers pwning a bunch of fire fighters like an anime villain

that was the one good scene in Halloween Kills, which is still one good scene more than Halloween Ends had

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Halloween 2018, meanwhile, is just plain good. how did they do it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aside from being a stupid douchebag, did tallarico do something else to get all the scorn and derision?

noted goon video essayist hbomberguy has that answer covered

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

symbolic posted:

noted goon video essayist hbomberguy has that answer covered

yeah but who has 7 hours to listen to it?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Aside from being a stupid douchebag, did tallarico do something else to get all the scorn and derision?

He was the first American to visit Japan.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tommy T listing each port of a game he worked on as separate individual games along with demo disks to acquire the Guinness World Record for most games worked on by a single person ftw

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah but who has 7 hours to listen to it?

it's like 2

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

symbolic posted:

Tommy T listing each port of a game he worked on as separate individual games along with demo disks to acquire the Guinness World Record for most games worked on by a single person ftw

it's like 2

lol really? i was just loving around

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the tallerico one is way more fun than that snoozy rear end plagiarism one. dont care about random youtubers grifting, its all a grift

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that said hbomberguy maybe killed a guy via youtube, which is epic and badass

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Plant MONSTER. posted:

In an attempt to relive that era of gaming. I came across this site that creates random configurations of pixels. Some of them look like old game monsters. I take the ones that capture my attention and reinterpret them as if they were entries in some guide. I even give them names that are reminiscent of things from old zelda titles.

That's real good

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Al! posted:

he buried him like mel brooks buried the wholesome western genre.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

it's like 2

Games worked on:

-Donkey Kong (arcade)
-Donkey Kong (Colecovision)
-Donkey Kong (Atari)
-Donkey Kong (Intellivision)
-Donkey Kong (the individual eight-way joystick arcade cabinet that Billy Mitchell played on)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That guy who made the controller layout graphics which get used in hundreds of games doesn't count?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Al! posted:

the tallerico one is way more fun than that snoozy rear end plagiarism one. dont care about random youtubers grifting, its all a grift

i never watched him prior to my friend putting that video on in a hotel room last month and having only known Tommy through the Intellivision debacle, it was a hell of an unexpected rabbit hole to fall down for the better part of that morning

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Al! posted:

That guy releasing an apology video over the plagerism thing claiming that he has a special kind of brain damage where he thinks things he plagiarized was actually his own work and so he's blameless was really funny. Ontop of him claiming his dad quit school at age 6 to work so he's illiterate.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

~i'm still in a dream~

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DaysBefore posted:

Game manuals were badass. A forgotten art

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

symbolic posted:

i never watched him prior to my friend putting that video on in a hotel room last month and having only known Tommy through the Intellivision debacle, it was a hell of an unexpected rabbit hole to fall down for the better part of that morning

say what you want about those videos but when you're catastrophically hungover or just too sad to leave bed you've got some quality viewing

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
wasn't there a comment that claimed tommy didn't even compose the music for earthworm jim

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

euroshopper posted:

wasn't there a comment that claimed tommy didn't even compose the music for earthworm jim

Wikipedia has the sole composer as Mark Miller.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think I'm coming around to the idea that anybody who wants to be included under any entry in The Guinness Book of World Records is also willing to cheat to do it, lol.

e: just seeing that Charles Martinet was included and rescinding.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

symbolic posted:

that was the one good scene in Halloween Kills, which is still one good scene more than Halloween Ends had

halloween ends made me so mad lol

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Bicyclops posted:

I think I'm coming around to the idea that anybody who wants to be included under any entry in The Guinness Book of World Records is also willing to cheat to do it, lol.

it's not even "cheat" it's just "cut them a big check and they give you a plaque that says you're a Very Special Boy"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

turns out it was just a mail order scam all along lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i want a season of the witch sequel

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

:byodood:EVIL DIES TONIGHT

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

TheMightyBoops posted:

Wikipedia has the sole composer as Mark Miller.

he's credited under the second game iirc

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Good soup! posted:

:byodood:EVIL DIES TONIGHT

im pretty sure that's Kills and not Ends but it could be both for all I remember

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

what if Michael Myers, but a guy who looks like a speedrunner? - some exec paid millions

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

symbolic posted:

what if Michael Myers, but a guy who looks like a speedrunner? - some exec paid millions

yeah they could have gotten asmongold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

symbolic posted:

im pretty sure that's Kills and not Ends but it could be both for all I remember

yeah it's in Kills. Which I know because Kills is the reason I'm not gonna bother with Ends