Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

there's been a conservative influencer making the rounds, pretty southern white woman who wears black rifle shirts and is sponsored by holster companies but her fellows have been complaining that's she's not feminine enough cause she builds houses and noodles for cat fish. she's now being transvestigated and folks:

:nws::nws::nws:

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
thanks for the crotch shot, i guess. can we not do that?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
joe we would have taken you at your word

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i mean, i'm all for laughing at someone realizing that they have a face that leopards like to eat, but i'm not interested in digging further into their insane arguments over someone's gender.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
sa already went through enough of that on the front page with lady gaga 15 years ago or w/e

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-michigan-towns-war-over-a-chinese-owned-battery-plant-2024-3

quote:

'No CCP in USA!'

Inside a Michigan town's unhinged war over a Chinese battery plant

"Yes, I have Chinese stuff in my house all over the place," Peticolas says. "But it's way better that they build it in China and sell it here than to build it here and be here. It's called embedding with the enemy. It's an age-old military tactic."

Americans feel increasingly threatened by China. In a Pew survey conducted last year, 84% of respondents said they viewed Beijing's military strength as a somewhat or very serious problem. Last year Montana became the first state to issue a sweeping ban on TikTok, owned by the Beijing-based company ByteDance, and Arkansas ordered a Chinese-owned company to divest itself of farmland it had owned in the state since 1988. The town of Reedley, California, freaked out after discovering that a derelict medical manufacturing facility was owned by a Chinese man, who they imagined was building "bioweapons," possibly to deploy on a nearby naval base. And in Manteno, Illinois, residents are mobilizing against another Gotion project, a $2 billion battery plant that opponents have deemed "un-American."

turns out stoking fearmongering propaganda for over a decade drives everyone insane

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
lol I'm going to lynched and/or imprisoned when the US finally starts a war with China and then starts taking big losses.

I'm not even Chinese, I'm a different kind of Asian with a Chinese surname.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

As usual, these people demonstrate that they don't know anything about women's genitals, and certainly have not seen enough of them to know the range of possible variation.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Our sworn enemy China, without whom the entire middle class standard of living would collapse

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

skooma512 posted:

lol I'm going to lynched and/or imprisoned when the US finally starts a war with China and then starts taking big losses.

lol if you think a typical american knows what is and isn't a chinese surname

dioxazine posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-michigan-towns-war-over-a-chinese-owned-battery-plant-2024-3

turns out stoking fearmongering propaganda for over a decade drives everyone insane

wonder what it's like to be this brain damaged...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's a Chinese-owned factory here that employs almost entirely shitkickers and nobody really complains about it, and I'm in a far redder state.

skooma512 posted:

I feel like a US/China war would probably be mostly a comedy of errors and everyones super high tech military equipment just crashing into eachother and half of each country's navys just getting lost somehow

cybrancyborg
Jan 24, 2008

How this ends still hasn't been unwritten...

dioxazine posted:

I just appreciate that after decades of "All the manufacturing has gone to China! We don't make anything in America anymore!" they still managed to be just as mad when when the manufacturing comes back. That's dedication!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

As usual, these people demonstrate that they don't know anything about women's genitals, and certainly have not seen enough of them to know the range of possible variation.

hell, same

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

yea she may well just have a fat pussy lol. tho I’ve known a couple chud trans broads they’re a minority of a minority as most of us are underclass and have had to suffer to get thru to the other side. your Jenners and the like learn nothing as it’s against their class interest to learn things or have any kind of empathy for others. the younger ones I knew who didn’t have any of that were raised on the chans and never grew out of it

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Fabricated posted:

There's a Chinese-owned factory here that employs almost entirely shitkickers and nobody really complains about it, and I'm in a far redder state.

I feel like a US/China war would probably be mostly a comedy of errors and everyones super high tech military equipment just crashing into eachother and half of each country's navys just getting lost somehow

And they won't think to blame the procurement processes and fraud that led to that moment, America will do the most American thing it can: Use a racial minority as a scapegoat and encourage horrendous violence against them.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

why america is so hell bent on conflict with nations it would lose a war against is really beyond me. mb the old timers rly wanna exact revenge before they die, or are keen to immanetize the eschaton. America has basically forgotten how to do war

Apr 7, 2003

OldAlias posted:

why america is so hell bent on conflict with nations it would lose a war against is really beyond me. mb the old timers rly wanna exact revenge before they die, or are keen to immanetize the eschaton. America has basically forgotten how to do war

They want to destroy everything on the way out. If they can't take it with them into the grave, no one else should be allowed to have it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Americans can't innovate, they just pay off officials to get the government to steal successful products from foreign competitors and hand them the cashflows.

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Our sworn enemy China, without whom the entire middle class standard of living would collapse

I'm feeling some frustration at this cognitive dissonance that seems to be so popular. This isn't directed at PFC, but the quote sums it up well, China is a major trade partner, they aren't a sworn enemy. We all have some cognitive dissonance, but it feels like in the states we've been really ramping it up over the past few years.

The house has passed the anti tiktok bill which apparently Biden is waiting to sign. I actually enjoy tiktok, and all of the similar :911: offerings seem to be unable to find me videos I'm interested in seeing. Going to be missing my short break dopamine hits when its banned. But at the same time the reasoning given is fairly obviously not the reason it is being banned, but I still hear people talking about how tiktok is stealing all our secrets for China.

I see people all over the web posting about "if you didn't want it banned you need to vote" and I don't even understand how people can have that opinion when this is bipartisan. It seems like rhetoric has replaced reality for a lot of folks. Just too much dissonance in popular culture for me right now.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

not going to bother reading about it at all, but there's no way they are banning tiktok on any legit grounds, as all legitimate complaints with tiktok applies to a bunch of other things, including many that'll rush to fill the void if it is indeed banned. so even without any knowledge there's no way it is not some idiotic nonsense.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Tiktok is stealing data! That data belong rightfully to the US and Israeli government! Along with its income!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

moonshine is...... posted:

I'm feeling some frustration at this cognitive dissonance that seems to be so popular. This isn't directed at PFC, but the quote sums it up well, China is a major trade partner, they aren't a sworn enemy. We all have some cognitive dissonance, but it feels like in the states we've been really ramping it up over the past few years.

The house has passed the anti tiktok bill which apparently Biden is waiting to sign. I actually enjoy tiktok, and all of the similar :911: offerings seem to be unable to find me videos I'm interested in seeing. Going to be missing my short break dopamine hits when its banned. But at the same time the reasoning given is fairly obviously not the reason it is being banned, but I still hear people talking about how tiktok is stealing all our secrets for China.

I see people all over the web posting about "if you didn't want it banned you need to vote" and I don't even understand how people can have that opinion when this is bipartisan. It seems like rhetoric has replaced reality for a lot of folks. Just too much dissonance in popular culture for me right now.

I do love the "just voet" advice/slogan we get whenever we bring up a problem in the US.

Even if voting was a way to influence the government, and it really isn't [https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...4D4893B382B992B], we get to do it at most twice a year.

Shouldn't have voted the wrong way 2 years ago when this wasn't even a thing yet and for which no alternative was or is present :smug:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
should have also been psychic and predicted dems would change their mind on "tiktok good!" which was their stance the last time this came up, when trump was making GBS threads on them.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
trumps going to say he will reverse the ban then win by 60-40 instead of 55-45, then not do it anyway.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
it sure is cool that my paycheck comes from tiktok right now

what me worry? -alfredo james sniep neuman

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Sniep posted:

it sure is cool that my paycheck comes from tiktok right now

what me worry? -alfredo james sniep neuman

the tick tock of your career's clock approaching midnight

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

the tick tock of your career's clock approaching midnight

"This has been a year with a lot of news about China pulling strings to antagonize America," Peticolas says. "I've known forever that China has said they're going to destroy us. But they don't want to do it with weapons. They're smart, and they're patient. They just don't like us."

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

they're smart, and they're patient, giving them two huge advantages over us

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

dioxazine posted:

"This has been a year with a lot of news about China pulling strings to antagonize America," Peticolas says. "I've known forever that China has said they're going to destroy us. But they don't want to do it with weapons. They're smart, and they're patient. They just don't like us."

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

*constantly threatens war and calls China an enemy*

:qq: they don’t like us

Apr 7, 2003

dioxazine posted:

They hate us for our freedom.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
they pay me a quarter millino dollars a year to do computer stuff and that money goes into the US economy not theirs

doesn't seem that anti-american to me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

how’s the work life balance? they were hiring android devs but I think they required in office

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

how’s the work life balance? they were hiring android devs but I think they required in office

they are really strong on the RTO but im really far away so i so far just havent been going

i guess ill see how that evolves. my manager isn't pissed about it tho so far. it's like 4-5 hours of the day for me to round trip the haul

other than RTO, it's all pretty just normal tech job esque? It's fine? the rumors about working 996 or whatever are bullshit. at least where i'm at. maybe it's that way for bytedance in CN itself?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nice! yeah I knew they didn’t do the 996 here, and I’m pretty sure they don’t in China either.

I use TikTok the most out of all the social media apps lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i dont do phone apps so i cant use tiktok but they're not an inherently bad company. theyre just better at what everybody else wants to do

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

tiktok will never replace the power of Connor O'Malley on vine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NihpQ2mAlo0

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

dioxazine posted:

These people are insane. It actually reminds of this movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060921/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Video Nasty posted:

tiktok will never replace the power of vine

vine was so dope and lol they tac nuked it b/c it was dominated by poc and the creators were starting a unionization effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

dioxazine posted:

lol america needs jobs!

no not like that!

can't wait till the us is the low cost country for chinese manufacturing. excuse me, leading competitive country