Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Edit: oh what a terrible way to start a new page.

Instead of lamenting chuds, I’m going to respond to the last post about FF7R’s world map. I think the zones work because they are extremely gamey abstractions. They don’t even attempt to represent entire landmasses because they’re fun playgrounds first and foremost.

Since FF16 was trying to present very grounded representations of a world, the fact that the nations were tiny may have caused more of a disconnect.

Also, late game spoilers but they do actually interconnect.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Going to tap into my amazing super power of 'not caring about what weirdos are crying about this week'

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:same:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Stellar Blade is very far down the list of games I want to play this year regardless of what the chuds think of it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Stellar Blade is the new Sydney Sweeney

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Going to tap into my amazing super power of 'not caring about what weirdos are crying about this week'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd be more interested in Stellar Blade if it wasn't £70 and from devs best known for the mobile game with the extremely animated arses.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sakurazuka posted:

Except for some reason I'm getting loving Youtube ads about this poo poo, someone really wants it to be a thing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Finally, a ps5 game

Edit: getting reports from john linnerman that the rear end has "frame pacing" issues

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Gentlemen, I hoped this day would never come, but we’ve attacked the issue from every angle, and there’s only one way we can get Stellar Blade out the door with 60FPS

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cubicle gangster posted:

I just got an ad for the FF7 rebirth orchestra concert and i'm half considering just picking up tickets and not telling my wife what we're going to.
We do go to the atl symphony a few times a year so it's not out of character... 'it's classical music, you'll love it, just a new one you've not heard of'

https://www.ffvii-rebirthconcerts.com/tour-schedule

tickets on sale thursday....
I'd normally think this kind of thing would be a bit lame but i'm loving the soundtrack so much I dont really care.

I have an alarm set for this, because if I get to hear the track I heard last night live, as well as the version of Hollow from the start of the game, I might just pass out in bliss.

I really want to go and LVG is not as bothered but knows what it means to me and I will need medical assistance if I get overwhelmed because of how great it is ;)

Goated Soundtrack - I am only on chapter 5 and I have already heard enough varied music for two full games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1767677839690621249?t=C2rKIHwYHMU3w-YT6LtLSg&s=19

Lmao game continues to sound incredible

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

quote:

The evidence seems irrefutable. The surprise sightings coincide with the beginning of a major order that introduced an additional mission type to Helldivers 2. The perfect opportunity to sneak in another surprise, and yet Arrowhead CEO Johan Pilestedt is playing coy.

"I've heard rumors of flying bugs in Helldivers 2. I want to officially refute such preposterous claims," he tweeted today. "Everyone knows that 'Bugs can't fly.' And I'm not alone in thinking this. The Ministry of Truth agrees that this is propaganda from bug sympathizers that want to brainwash good people."

I'll admit that, for a moment, I wondered if this was a serious denial despite being written in the style of the in-game fiction. Then I read this followup reply, where one fan drew a circle around what definitely appears to be a flying bug on the official Helldivers 2 box art, which Pilestedt dismissed as "image manipulation by traitors."

lol they are killing it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

njsykora posted:

I'm getting loving Youtube ads

owned

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

frankly i find the idea of a bug that flies OFFENSIVE

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

new mgs collection patch is coming (out now on steam but console soon) and it fixes the analog controls in mgs1 :sickos: and added mgs1mc style pausing to mgs2 lol.

https://twitter.com/MGSMGN/status/1767808834725388545

think that was the final bug that was bothering me about mgs1. audio got fixed in the last patch so thats that.

edit: oh gamma curve being higher than normal is still there but you can fix that yourself on tv, so i guess they dont consider that a major issue.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Sounds like I should finally get it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fridge corn posted:

Stellar Blade is very far down the list of games I want to play ever regardless of what others think of it

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
https://blog.playstation.com/2024/0...NBdNGrU67E2cy-k

Midnight Suns and Resident Evil 3 on march PS+ games, nice!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I beat the final quest 3D Brawler bullshit battle!

The pro strat:

Pausing is a must, you’ll have to learn to read left or right punches but you can very easily determine if it’s upper, middle or lower from his stance:

Squatting - lower
Standing straight - middle
Leaning back - upper

gently caress YOU SHINRA MIDDLE MANAGER I AM THE ULTIMATE PARTY ANIMAL NOW

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

PacoPepe posted:

Resident Evil 3 on march PS+ games, nice!

i JUST loving bought this lol. the amount of times this has happened to me is literally insane.

e: it was only :10bux: so not a huge deal but still

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

njsykora posted:

Except for some reason I'm getting loving Youtube ads about this poo poo, someone really wants it to be a thing.

Get yourself an adblocker, haven’t seen a YouTube ad in years

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ShoogaSlim posted:

i JUST loving bought this lol. the amount of times this has happened to me is literally insane.

e: it was only :10bux: so not a huge deal but still

Thank you for your service.

I'll grab a month of plus for those 2 games

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

frankly i find the idea of a bug that flies OFFENSIVE

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh neat the controller firmware updates can be done wirelessly now so I don’t have to go over to the console or use the pc app to do it, is that new with FW 9.0 or have I just somehow missed it before?

I’m assuming it’s new because I got a controller FW update immediately after restarting for 9.0

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Thank you for your service.

I'll grab a month of plus for those 2 games

🫡

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
In the third area of Rebirth and I do feel it's quite repetitive in the sidequest/open world structure. It's been the same "5 sidequests, 6 towers, 6 springs, 3 summon lore caves, 6 advanced enemy fights, 4 protorelic quests" in every area. And while the sidequests and protorelic quests are varied, the others are basically checklist fodder.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I totally forgot about the mid-month ps+ offerings cuz I can't think about anything else right now aside from Rebirth

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Happy about Midnight Suns. Been hemming and hawing over picking it up in the last couple of sales. Now I don't have to! Just gotta pick up the DLC for cheap for the 100%.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Oh neat the controller firmware updates can be done wirelessly now so I don’t have to go over to the console or use the pc app to do it, is that new with FW 9.0 or have I just somehow missed it before?

I’m assuming it’s new because I got a controller FW update immediately after restarting for 9.0

It was added quite a while ago, maybe a year or two back. I don't recall exactly when but it's not new.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Midnight Suns is really cool

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

Stellar Blade is very far down the list of games I want to play this year regardless of what the chuds think of it

I would be embarrassed to play this game at home for fear of my wife or kids seeing me

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Adun posted:

I would be embarrassed to play this game at home for fear of my wife or kids seeing me

My wife already saw Tifa in her swimsuit I have nothing to lose

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lmao the sw battlefront collection features no option to invert y.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

free hubcaps posted:

Lmao the sw battlefront collection features no option to invert y.

Another classic Aspyr port

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

down is down up is up
end of story

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
is forward down or up

what about backward

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Instead of inverting y, should we not instead aspire to invert y not? *nods sagely, awaiting raucous applause*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

every game should have tank controls like re1