Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Quicksilver6 posted:

Once a used magazine has been removed, it is NO LONGER DEMOCRATIC and must be disposed of.

Then why can I pick up all those discarded EAT tubes hmm??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Slamming an EAT into a Charger's face and having it actually die is a welcome change to the game. Those bastards were the scariest thing in the game for me and my group before this patch.

Does anyone else on PC have the Friend Requests category just straight up missing? I don't know if it's ever worked but I simply don't have it there after confirming a request has been sent to me.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dead Like Rev posted:

Yelling into the void trying to explain the difference between clip and mag is only going to lead to madness.
I stopped caring ever since I won an online swordfight thanks to someone stopping to angrily type the difference between a mag and a clip. So I can't HATE people getting mad about it, what if it comes in handy again someday?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Section Z posted:

Autocannon is so cool that you can constantly just fire 1-2 shots into the sky to hit the 5 ammo left reload status, and still have more ammo than half the team!

Thank god the Devs have made it essentially impossible to nerf the ammo capacity without a lot of work. Backpack with visible spare mags. Multi mag load means even -1 is a huge deal that needs to also check for "8 capacity gun now loaded with 9 bullets" shenanigans.

Now, nerfing the damage so it takes 5 shots for a spitter and 9 for a charger butt on the other hand... Yeah that is probably coming.

They literally said both the autocannon and grenade launcher are perfectly balanced as is and they're very happy with their performance.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

BlackIronHeart posted:

Slamming an EAT into a Charger's face and having it actually die is a welcome change to the game. Those bastards were the scariest thing in the game for me and my group before this patch.

Does anyone else on PC have the Friend Requests category just straight up missing? I don't know if it's ever worked but I simply don't have it there after confirming a request has been sent to me.

My social tab and daily stuff takes a while to come online, so I just steam join on people.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

by reload cancel i mean stop the animation and give me back my partial mag if i accidentally hit the button.

You can change reload to a long hold, double tap, etc.. instead of a tap in the options.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Im going to try and make flamethrower work for me. I want to be a Hot Boy.

Do you just not use it vs hunters? And how about big armored spitters, should I stick to Slugger there?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Exodee posted:

Neat, you can definitely find stacks of 100 super credits on the map:

Guess that explains how I've accrued like 2000 of them just from playing.

What difficulty?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Last night I was experimenting with the whole "some stratagems stick to enemies" thing.

On a bug mission I threw an EAT calldown into a charger...it stuck! The hellpod came screaming down, crushing the charger and killing it, success!

Then on a bot mission I saw a tank coming out of a base we were hitting, I tried again, the hellpod hit the tank's turret dead center...without killing it, so now this tank is going around with my launchers deployed on its turret! I climbed thru the front, climbed the turret, grabbed one tube, went down behind it, turned around and shot at the vents, killing it.

It was all awesome.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

skaianDestiny posted:

They literally said both the autocannon and grenade launcher are perfectly balanced as is and they're very happy with their performance.
Looks like I am doing my part! Killing myself by firing the autocannon too close to the enemy at least once a mission to skew the numbers :dumbgun:

ESPECIALLY any time I bring out the grenade launcher. "This is a safe distance from splash damage-wait gently caress"

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

LazyMaybe posted:

what on earth does that mean

Older than your reg date Battlefield Bad Company 2 server /community that kind of formed around Battlefield games. Hadlock stole all the bitcoin, jihad jeeps. C4 apache tail rotors.

Oh. And if you are out there Daveslash. Enemy light post spotted.

BeAuMaN posted:

What difficulty?

10 if I had to wager.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Warad posted:

I swear there's some instances when it reloads, you fire one shot, then suddenly the animation resets to the very end, and it reloads again, eating the previous mag. I can never reliably repeat though so hell if I know what does it.
I think this happens because of the game simulating you firing the final bullet that's in the gun itself but then it bugs out the reload somehow.

But every time this has happened to me was with the flamethrower, which shouldn't even have that mechanic.

BeAuMaN posted:

What difficulty?
This was on suicide (7).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Warad posted:

I swear there's some instances when it reloads, you fire one shot, then suddenly the animation resets to the very end, and it reloads again, eating the previous mag. I can never reliably repeat though so hell if I know what does it.

Queue me up, for (super)Democracy. :patriot:

There are 3 specific reload related bugs/interactions that have been driving me crazy:

1. As above, reload and go through the full animation but then you fire 1 shot and have to reload again. I don't know if this desync issue with the host but it happens semi-frequently.
2. Reloading and going through the entire animation but something interrupts it without on screen feedback and the gun remains unloaded, I end up having to hit reload again and usually my helldiver slams the charging handle/slide/whatever so clearly something interrupted the final bit. This happens a lot, and sometimes its from things like getting ragdolled/accidentally picking something up/interacting with an object, but I swear to god half the time I am just running around not doing anything and it happens
3. Interrupting a reload ON PURPOSE and then having to hit reload twice to get the gun reloaded. This happens: Press Reload -> oh poo poo bugs pull out secondary hose em down -> get primary/support back out -> hit reload -> helldiver "readies" gun but doesn't actually reload -> JESUS CHRIST RELOAD THE GUN SLAM RELOAD AGAIN -> helldiver begins reload animation where it left off finally

This and hitting stim and my helldiver stabbing himself but not actually stimming are my biggest pet peeves, but I figure its probably related to anytime I do play with buddies they're on the east coast and im on the west so its latency/desync related but I dunno...

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

skaianDestiny posted:

So am I

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

jokes posted:

So am I

the nade launcher and autocannon are good yes imo

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Pretty sure I've posted here and not just lurked.
Gang me up

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Worf posted:

the nade launcher and autocannon are good yes imo

I think the grenade launcher specifically could go for some cool variations considering the different grenade types. It's perfect, yes, but maybe an incendiary grenade launcher could be fun and cool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/caspervandien/status/1767978684839862703?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

jokes posted:

I think the grenade launcher specifically could go for some cool variations considering the different grenade types. It's perfect, yes, but maybe an incendiary grenade launcher could be fun and cool

Proximity grenades, Incendiary, Sticky, Thermite+Sticky variants would be great.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What's the difference between an impact grenade launcher and a sticky grenade launcher

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

jokes posted:

What's the difference between an impact grenade launcher and a sticky grenade launcher

If it's anything like TF2, setting up traps vs directly damaging enemies. Drop a big cluster where you know a mob is coming and be ready to wipe them out. Or whatever.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

jokes posted:

I want to load up a chargers butt with like 6 stickies and blow them up all at once

Also setting traps

And stickies don't have the "bounce back off a hive guards face and blow me up" problem, they have a "stuck to a hunter's face who jumps on me and blows me up" problem which is an exciting new problem to have

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Surprised there isn't a remote-controlled C4 option tbqh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUE9CV8WJ7g

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

jokes posted:

Whether you will frag yourself with shooting the thing right in front of you or shooting at the thing coming at you.

Huckabee Sting
Oct 2, 2006

A stolen King, a burning ego, and a gas station katana.
Played a game with the Arc launcher with some goons last night. I only had one team kill with it as far as I know. I really like it but at the same time it's not as satisfying to use as some of the guns. I almost wish the arc graphic was just bigger or brighter or something. Make it feel a bit more chunky.

Also the slugger is good but with the new changes it felt way to slow to fire to be useful against bugs. Take it every time against bots though.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

jokes posted:

Yeah these would be a cool alternative to 500kg/hell bombs for blowing up hardened objectives. Not to mention that they were in HD1 already.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Dead Like Rev posted:

Oh. And if you are out there Daveslash. Enemy light post spotted.

A while ago, the devs turned off the "random stratagem" condition where you'd chuck a strat and might get something at random.

If daveslash ever got to fly the eagle, it would result in something similar. Or like trying to throw a strat into a jammed area, wondering if the game just ate your strategem.

Or a new shrapnel rain strategem that's just daveslash's eagle parts crashing into the nearest tall object.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

jokes posted:

I feel like I need night vision or a better flashlight, these night missions loving suck

How do you even get a flashlight? I was playing a mission on the white planet and poo poo got so dark I could barely see anything for a bit, was so incredibly annoying I went straight to options and cranked up the brightness

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a fatguy baldspot posted:

How do you even get a flashlight? I was playing a mission on the white planet and poo poo got so dark I could barely see anything for a bit, was so incredibly annoying I went straight to options and cranked up the brightness

Some guns have flashlights.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

jokes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUE9CV8WJ7g
This was added in as a support weapon in a DLC for the first game and I'm hoping it makes a comeback in this one

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Exodee posted:

Yeah these would be a cool alternative to 500kg/hell bombs for blowing up hardened objectives. Not to mention that they were in HD1 already.

A backpack full of Hellbomb Junior™ to throw at nests with a magic forcefield protecting it from everyone's grenades, support weapons, and strats might finally pry me away from the autocannon.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Huckabee Sting posted:

Also the slugger is good but with the new changes it felt way to slow to fire to be useful against bugs. Take it every time against bots though.

it's great at killing the medium bugs but now you need an anti-horde support weapon or teammate with one to handle the endless hunter spam

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Oh hell yes sign me up!

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

facialimpediment posted:

A while ago, the devs turned off the "random stratagem" condition where you'd chuck a strat and might get something at random.

If daveslash ever got to fly the eagle, it would result in something similar. Or like trying to throw a strat into a jammed area, wondering if the game just ate your strategem.

Or a new shrapnel rain strategem that's just daveslash's eagle parts crashing into the nearest tall object.

Throwing the strategem in the hallway of the Titan carrier and wondering why nothing happened. Because it hit the top of the ship.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

The gang tag looks great! Can you also remove my braid tuggers one please?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mode 7 posted:

DIVE DIVE DIVE

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

1stGear posted:

DIVE DIVE DIVE

HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!

whoops wrong game

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Someone did a lot of interesting research on what influences how frequently patrols spawn:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bdudf3/lets_talk_about_patrols_an_in_depth_analysis_of/

Notably, both loading screen tips about it seem to be lies: mission time has no influence, and destroying outposts slightly increases global spawn rate, but greatly reduces spawn rate near where the outpost was.

Completing all primary objectives massively increases it, and being near the evac point (whether it's possible to evac or not) also massively increases it. Using a reinforce point sometimes massively increases it, but the effect seems very random.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 13, 2024

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Dead Like Rev posted:

Throwing the strategem in the hallway of the Titan carrier and wondering why nothing happened. Because it hit the top of the ship.

strategem called STEEL RAIN that's just a kamikaze pilot yelling MY LIFE FOR DEMOCRACY as he flies between the legs and crashes into a tree, doing no damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Quicksilver6 posted:

This game has surprising amounts of realism in some respects. I’m still pleasantly amazed it uses ammo measured by magazine (AS GOD AND DEMOCRACY INTENDED) rather than the puerile “unlimited mags as long as you have spare bullets” that even the Ghost Recon games use now , to my consternation.

I like that autocannons break that rule due to how they work, so you can load two clips, but can't reload till one is finished entirely.