Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lpzie you went down to half ward there you have to be more careful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

shimmy shimmy posted:

I hit monoliths relatively recently and I'm working towards empowered by clearing up the right side. Are there any general tips I should know for my Warlock that are non-obvious, or stuff about what to do now that I'm in monos that I may not know since I'm new to the game? I've dipped my toes a bit into crafting and am picking up all the Exalted drops I find but I'm not sure what I should care about on those, or if I should start excluding some based on the stats.

I have heard that unless it's a really good exalted, you can kinda ignore the ones that don't have a t7 affix or 2 exalted affixes. So you can set your filter to hide them, unless they have a stat you want at T6 or higher, and then a seperate rule to show them if they have 2 t6 affixes no matter what, and a third rule to show them if they have a t7 affix, regardless of what it is.

There isn't anything like disenchanting in WoW or Diablo where you wanna get certain rarities just to grind them up into crafting materials. Shattering runes are a bit too rare for that and affix shards are plentiful enough for the most part. And when you find items with rare affixes like +skills or hybrid health, you really want to just blow removal runes on them instead of shattering, to make sure you get the max amount of runes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
you can buy infinite shattering runes off of vendors, though doing so means cycling instances which doesn't happen much in monoliths

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Truga posted:

you can buy infinite shattering runes off of vendors, though doing so means cycling instances which doesn't happen much in monoliths
vendor refreshes in some minutes, I personally check every other echo for the sharteds

Lpzie posted:

Yup. Here's everything you need to know about Julra!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKB_YMM5omw

clicked expecting a facetank exercise, was not disappointed

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why not let you buy unlimited shatter runes?

Also new patch is out. Includes the stash tab discount.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Probably to save players from themselves

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The fact that it costs gold should still cause players to not go hog wild.

Though my wish list is an auto salvage feature for the item filter. Have items auto mark as salvage then a one button click at the forge to shatter it all.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

bamhand posted:

The fact that it costs gold should still cause players to not go hog wild.

Though my wish list is an auto salvage feature for the item filter. Have items auto mark as salvage then a one button click at the forge to shatter it all.

but then people would think they're supposed to pick up all the stuff that drops and make trips back to shatter. You shouldn't pick up items you won't use, unless they're exceptional in some way. Like really good for another class, or rare affix, or just need that item type for a rune of ascendance or something. I think a limited number of runes per vendor, and a gold cost does a good job of making people have to think about what they hold onto for shattering.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They seem good early like when toh really need some movement speed on boots or attack speed on a weapon (and use shatter to get the shards )

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I still maintain that the best way to handle dungeons would be to have them open and free, but the chest/reward/time box room at the end requires the key.

If you’re really concerned about reward farming the bosses make their drops reside in a chest just inside the reward room so it’s after the key is used.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

euphronius posted:

They seem good early like when toh really need some movement speed on boots or attack speed on a weapon (and use shatter to get the shards )

Yeah, but in that case you're not just shattering anything, you're thinking about what you want and only shattering stuff with the affixes you want. It's good practice for later in the game when you can afford to shatter everything, but you shouldn't, because otherwise that's what you spend all your time doing.

Dungeons would be better if you had like, an extra life or 2. Maybe take away some loot each life you use idk. It just sucks against some bosses. Like the Soulfire boss, where he uses 2 attacks at once, 1 that can be dodged, and one that can't so you have to shield it. But the attack that can be dodged has an indicator that is a. kinda hard to see, and b. HUGE, and c. doesn't give you very long to dodge. Took me a couple tries to learn, and with the long dungeon before it, it feels like 1-2 tries too many. Especially if you're unlucky and take the longest possible path through the dungeon. It feels bad when you end up with so many soul embers you can't even spend them all at the end.

The bosses on the other 2 dungeons aren't as bad. The titan one, you mostly just avoid slams and kill adds, and the time boss, there's no penalty for dodging the big nuke early, and all the other attacks are easier to see and avoid

A Moose fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 13, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

zoux posted:

This one would have honestly been pretty funny...

Fixed bug where Wraithlord would try to consume other player’s minions

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fixed a bug where Profane Veil’s Vampiric Pool gave 40% of the consumed minion’s maximum health as ward, instead of the listed 4%
Fixed a bug where Runemaster’s passive node Sanguine Runestones’s threshold bonus (15% of health regen applies to ward) was scaling with points allocated

Seeing these again and after playing the game a lot more , I think these are perfectly fine big fixes mid cycle

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I really don't get why they'd fix the bug and not wipe the leaderboard of the characters that used the bug

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

zoux posted:

Oh hello.

"Flame Whip now receives 4% increased damage per point of intelligence (this affects Flame Whip casts from all sources, and previously never received attribute scaling from any source)"

Explains a lot about how my ignitelock build worked.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Hopped in for a quick look just because I was curious. Bought a new stash tab last night, it was 160,000 gold. Bought a new stash tab just now, it was 60,000 gold. Good stuff, but they didn't refund all the gold I spent on stash tabs before the patch, so I guess now I need to go rant on the forums and say worst game ever and I'm gonna quit playing now.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I'm just poking into lower corruption at this point but Spellblade's starting to feel a little better in empowered monos. I put a few passive points into chance to regain mana on hit so dumping a full Static charge doesnt leave me OOM for 15 seconds anymore, and upgrading a few pieces of gear helped a lot with my clear & survivability. A lot of it too was just learning to play a little slower and to start to dodge out of stuff since I can't just stand in a pile of poison or storm cloud or whatever. At some point I want to swap over to using Dragorath's for lightning spam off Frost Bolt procs + dr through Lightning Aegis but I still haven't found a good catalyst to do so, so I guess I'm sticking with Alluvion for now even though it isn't ideal.

The Locator posted:

Hopped in for a quick look just because I was curious. Bought a new stash tab last night, it was 160,000 gold. Bought a new stash tab just now, it was 60,000 gold. Good stuff, but they didn't refund all the gold I spent on stash tabs before the patch, so I guess now I need to go rant on the forums and say worst game ever and I'm gonna quit playing now.

ffffffff i just spent like 300k last night buying 2 tabs. At the same time thank god, CoF has my exalteds & uniques piling up to the point I think I'm about to start only picking up T7 & double affixes

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 13, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Mad Alchemist's Ladle or Marina's Lost Soul for a Torment Warlock?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Kaddish posted:

Mad Alchemist's Ladle or Marina's Lost Soul for a Torment Warlock?

Ladle all day. More damage mod is better than Increased, and you get more cast speed as well.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
I've been beating a training dummy all evening two days ago at level 83-ish on my torment lock, deciding if its ladle, wraith dagger, marina or my crafted wand. At my level most damage and actual use was from rare wand. Dagger was making wraiths which was good for ward maintenance and marina's soul requires many points in self cursing. Try to test what feels better for you, outside of appearing numbers

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Absolutely stupid question but is there any way to change tooltips on hover? There are so many times when UI is a pain in the rear end because there's a giant loving tooltip in the way.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Vulpes posted:

Ladle all day. More damage mod is better than Increased, and you get more cast speed as well.

This is the first time I realized that there's a difference since I never paid attention to the minor semantic difference. Is there an explanation of what the difference is?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

GrandpaPants posted:

This is the first time I realized that there's a difference since I never paid attention to the minor semantic difference. Is there an explanation of what the difference is?

As usual, "more" is multiplicative with other bonuses and "increased" is not. The relevant tooltip ingame will usually include this bit.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kalman posted:

Oh hello.

"Flame Whip now receives 4% increased damage per point of intelligence (this affects Flame Whip casts from all sources, and previously never received attribute scaling from any source)"

Explains a lot about how my ignitelock build worked.
loving yes, I am going to be so powerful now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Looks like they nerfed Dive Bomb being able to give you 50-60% dodge just by sitting in the smoke cloud, boooooo

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

exquisite tea posted:

Looks like they nerfed Dive Bomb being able to give you 50-60% dodge just by sitting in the smoke cloud, boooooo

Yeah this feels terrible. I get it but stillll

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

idiotsavant posted:

Absolutely stupid question but is there any way to change tooltips on hover? There are so many times when UI is a pain in the rear end because there's a giant loving tooltip in the way.

I would also like to know this, damned annoying. :argh:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

slap in the face!!!!!!!!!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ghostlight posted:

loving yes, I am going to be so powerful now

I got the big sword that turns cthonic fissure into a flame whip machine. Maybe I’ll test that out when I get bored of torment.

I want that mad ladle!!!

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Kaysette posted:

I want that mad ladle!!!

It only drops from Exiled Mages, better get farming. Not common, but not super rare.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

On empowered monoliths, when you get that orange/green node, is there a limited number on the web? Should I just refresh once I find it?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Don't bother trying to build around the Flame Whip sword. It's still bugged and the numbers for Flame Whip are truly awful. I spent 2 days trying to make it work back on release and then another couple of hours today and it simply can't be scaled to do damage.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Vulpes posted:

It only drops from Exiled Mages, better get farming. Not common, but not super rare.

I don't play all that hardcore, solo offline, one level 78 character, one level 92 in empowered. I have gotten probably 4 ladles. I kill every exiled mage I find, but honestly had no clue that's what drops the ladle, I just know I had enough of them that I vendored the 2 worst ones.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

A Moose posted:

On empowered monoliths, when you get that orange/green node, is there a limited number on the web? Should I just refresh once I find it?

There can definitely be more than 1. I've seen as many as 4, but I don't really know what the best farming method is.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

A Moose posted:

They're just a random chance to spawn, and spawn more regularly at higher corruption (not sure if this caps at some point).

The most efficient farming method for those nodes is a little complicated: https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/guide-how-to-improve-your-monolith-target-farming-how-to-maximize-usage-of-vessels/51938

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

gnoma posted:

Healing Hands Paladin is currently the strongest version of what you're asking for

Just wanted to follow up on this again; I just hit Monoliths finally and realized I already have 3 of those Uniques with LP1, and a LP0 of the Boots. So I only "need" to get the Axe/Belt. Definitely enjoying the build, it reminds me of one of my favorite DOTA heroes, Omniknight, who is a Paladin and can heal-bomb things in a vaguely similar sense.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Ah poo poo, I just realized if you die to Orobyss you lose any Gaze of Orobyss you saved up from boss killing. No wonder my corruption has been going up slower than I felt was expected.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yowza!

And after forging:

I freakin' love loot!!!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Guess I specced my Paladin differently than I should've

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.