Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
hachi machi colby got paid

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767249157859807608?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That's a lot of money for Colby Parkinson, jeez, is the TE market that depressed?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Why is Colby Parkinson getting paid? He barely did anything with all the WRs garnering all the attention in Seattle. Is he an amazing blocker?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
WTF? I mean, he's decent, but that's as bad as the Dissly contract was. He was the third best TE on a team that wasn't very good at TE.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Why is Colby Parkinson getting paid? He barely did anything with all the WRs garnering all the attention in Seattle. Is he an amazing blocker?

Not really. Noah Fant and Will Dissly were better blockers. Parkinson was good for a nice catch once a game (and a few nice TDs) but was more or less invisible on the field.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I know Armstead has been dealing with a lot of injuries lately, and the team would have some tough cap decisions to make in the near future one way or another, but I still don't like this. Armstead is a very good player and an even better locker room leader.

The locker room is where this will be felt the most for sure.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Makes me wonder what kind of deal Fant is going to get if people are throwing that kind of money at Colby.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams have an absolutely terrifying interior Oline now

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That didn't take long. Dissly gets 3y/$14m from the Chargers and Fant gets 2y/$21 to stay in Seattle. At that price I would have kept Dissly, but I don't think they wanted to. Fant's cost is about what I would expect in this market, a bit high but it's only 2 years.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 12, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Seattle re-sign Williams at 3y/$64.5m. Hopefully this will eventually show that a second rounder for him was a bargain, but that's a lot of cash.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Wow, that is a lot of cash. He was a one man wrecking crew last year though. I'm glad they found a way for him to stay.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams have an absolutely terrifying interior Oline now

Avila is apparently moving back to Center lmao that’s so much mauling power. I loving love their IOL. Three grizzlies. Absolutely adore what they are doing!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Lifespan posted:

Seattle re-sign Williams at 3y/$64.5m. Hopefully this will eventually show that a second rounder for him was a bargain, but that's a lot of cash.

I'd rather have done the 2md and 5th for burns and his deal tbh.

I doubt the seahawks sign Williams for this contract if he was a regular old free agent, but the dude could ball and they desperately need help on the dline. Would have preferred the Williams 2nd to be used on tvondre sweat but gotta live in the world we have instead of what I would like

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Benne posted:

Five years ago I would've been aghast at the thought of Russell Wilson in a Steelers uniform. Now I can't stop laughing.

How the times have changed.

Can't stop laughing that Wilson is going to be paid by the Broncos to play against them while he's on a very Steelers friendly contract.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Benne posted:

Five years ago I would've been aghast at the thought of Russell Wilson in a Steelers uniform. Now I can't stop laughing.

How the times have changed.

Seeing consummate goober Russell Wilson go to the Bad Boy Steelers is kinda breaking my brain, ngl.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Noah Fant feels like a bit of an overpay but we literally have no other TEs on the roster now so lol. Overall I was fine with his performance, even if it wasn't amazing.

Leonard Williams sticking around is good, though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but with Damien Lewis gone, is the only OL that JS has drafted that we've extended past their rookie deal is Justin Britt?

What is OL continuity lol

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
wtf at the Ravens getting Derrick Henry

wtf at the Eagles getting Saquon

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Papercut posted:

wtf at the Ravens getting Derrick Henry

wtf at the Eagles getting Saquon

The word of The Run is spreading

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Black Lighter posted:

As it should. All are welcome into establishing the Run.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maybe one of Henry or Saquon can be the next Frank Gore and just be a missionary of spreading the gospel of the run to new teams, one season at a time.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Maybe one of Henry or Saquon can be the next Frank Gore and just be a missionary of spreading the gospel of the run to new teams, one season at a time.

inshallah

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

seiferguy posted:

Maybe one of Henry or Saquon can be the next Frank Gore and just be a missionary of spreading the gospel of the run to new teams, one season stiffarm at a time.

Ftfy

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Niners extended Odum, two year extension earning up to 10M
seems good to me assuming hufonga back

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

As the market for Fields continues to drop, my desire for seattle to trade a couple late round picks for Fields rises…

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ornery and Hornery posted:

As the market for Fields continues to drop, my desire for seattle to trade a couple late round picks for Fields rises…

How about a well seasoned Sam Darnold?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mustached Demon posted:

Darnold signed with the Vikings for 1 year and ~10 mill

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Mustached Demon posted:

I think he's already going to the Vikings if Tom Grossi's videos are to be believed. I'm really surprised there's no market for Fields either, I guess no one wants to stake their coaching job on rehabbing him.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MakaVillian posted:

Darnold signed with the Vikings for 1 year and ~10 mill

Damnit another joke suggestion ruined by Minnesota.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

the browns picked up jameis winston, suggesting that joe flacco is available, maybe seattle should sign him

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How much of the Seattle offense relies on structure? If the Seahawks simply recommitted to The Run, this would be a perfect fit for Fields.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Seahawks fans won't read Field Gulls but they'll have Fields Goals, really says a lot about society

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Goodbye Drew Lock. You were... here.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lifespan posted:

Goodbye Drew Lock. You were... here.

Never forget Seahawks legend Drew Lock making GBS threads all over the Eagles

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Papercut posted:

Never forget Seahawks legend Drew Lock making GBS threads all over the Eagles

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Black Lighter posted:

Is it spreading as well as apple butter does, though?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Also, I really like that Darious Williams is coming back to the Rams.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Texans traded DT Maliek Collins to the 49ers in exchange for a seventh-round draft pick.
Seahawks agreed to terms with C Nick Harris, formerly of the Browns, on a one-year, $2.51 million deal.
Kyle the Juice restructured.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 13, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’m refreshing the thread, waiting for juicy NFC W content…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

arik armstead officially released as expected

Niners signed DE Leonard Floyd

signed Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, to a 2-year deal. Never heard of him.

signed Jordan Elliott, DT, to a 2-year deal