Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm making fun of cavauro right now. I'm with the pandas. They called him a jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s called that because Tony is going to keep them fed with his top talent

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The pandas think Joe Burrow isn't even that good. They think Russell Wilson will throw for more TDs this year.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

flashy_mcflash posted:

it's called the fed because that's who's currently investigating them

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s called that because Tony is going to keep them fed with his top talent

lmao

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

flashy_mcflash posted:

it's called the fed because that's who's currently investigating them

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

half the people who investigate aew seem to disappear

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh poo poo I'm almost done with my in depth investigation. I was gonna blow the lid off the whole affair but now I dunno...I have a family to think about

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

JUNGLE BOY posted:

half the people who investigate aew seem to disappear

Forced to watch a single Fulham game and spontaneously combust

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1768008105802301769

According to Dave, they passed Blood and Guts.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Never thought I would have zero interest in a hook match, esp live. Congrats Jericho you fuckin leech.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

some pretty big business going down…

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Has anybody started the "Hook is kinda mid and needs a refresh" gimmick yet, cause I'm prepared to start that one if nobody has.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Hook still owns Jericho just makes anyone in his sphere 75% less interesting. Mjf should have retired him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jericho isn't the one cutting Hook's promos, is he?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Dunno haven't watched lately and I don't like Jericho so my opinion is inherently biased.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Hook has to change something about his act and maybe Jericho can teach him something.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MJeff posted:

Has anybody started the "Hook is kinda mid and needs a refresh" gimmick yet, cause I'm prepared to start that one if nobody has.

Hook is still a mystery box to me, despite being on television for 3 years

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Hook is fine, he just needs a consistent direction and push like a lot of people in AEW. When they pushed him for a second against Joe he felt like a big deal. But he's just stuck in AEW midcard hell which is never consistently being around and being stuck in random tag team crap.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

I think the gimmick is fine and it probably appeals to the younger viewers (god this makes me feel even older) but I think his lack of work limits his matches and while the Joe match was well laid out it kinda of exposed this. He probably could use say...a month doing a New Japan tour or some CMLL dates to learn to work a different or get some more matches in

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He should be a smug rear end in a top hat pampered lacrosse player, because that's what he is in real life. I'm getting secondhand embarrassment watching him try to act tough.

I mean I dunno if he's a smug rear end in a top hat in real life, that was just me adding some color.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wrong he's a street tough

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
he's a street tough if that street was sesame street

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

wrong he's a street tough

*as if I heard the expression for the first time 30 seconds before the camera turned on* Bet.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

[guy who’s been reading Rick Perlstein for the last week and a half] he should start doing a Nixon gimmick and change his name to Crook.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SOOK (pronounced like suck)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He should go to Barnes and Noble a lot and change his name to Nook.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

while he’s there he could buy a copy of “selling tickets to dynamite for dummies” and give it to Tiny 😂😂😂

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

i'm all hook up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Show looks fine tonight. I will not be watching. God bless.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

MJeff posted:

He should get really into chess and change his name to Rook

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Duke Pukem posted:

He should get really into chess and change his name to Rook

Wrong. He should get really into the Nathan Fillion police procedural and change his name to Rook.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

He should become an orangutang, steal the librarian gimmick and change his name to Ook

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
He should change his name to Zook and go back to try and coach football at Florida and get ran out of town again.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

He should become an orangutang, steal the librarian gimmick and change his name to Ook

love this post ty

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
He should steal vegetables and accidentally alert a large number of orcs to his presence and change his name to Took

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait, is Frodo related to Pippin?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

probably 3rd cousins. That shire is like 3 families.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MJeff posted:

every hobbit is related to each other in some way frodo is pippins cousin because frodos mother was a took

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

every hobbit is related to each other in some way frodo is pippins cousin because frodos mother was a took

Yeah I remember Bilbo was the son of Belladonna Took and then just realized Gandalf called Pippin "Fool of a Took." and had a lightbulb moment.

Also HOLY poo poo THE loving BANG BANG SCISSOR GANG poo poo FINALLY ENDED THANK gently caress