Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

also when he replied to some youtubers xenoblade 2 let's play with a like five paragraph rant about waifus and sexualization in anime and they just replied 'thanks for the comment. i didnt understand it.'

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

also when he replied to some youtubers xenoblade 2 let's play with a like five paragraph rant about waifus and sexualization in anime and they just replied 'thanks for the comment. i didnt understand it.'

that was chuggaaconroy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel like Xenoblade 2 gets a bad rap for being hella horny babe time, which it absolutely plays into at points but not to the extent where it gets weird, unless I'm forgetting something major

There's so much poo poo to do in that game.. every unique blade has a massive multipart character quest that goes into way more detail & backstory than you would imagine for what is essentially a gacha pokemon system. Even the babe blades

And yes I played it for the articles

Gorg’s quest where his lifelong dream is to bake desserts ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i confused chibisoma with delphisage another bizarre goon hated and reviled on every internet forum

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gorg’s quest where his lifelong dream is to bake desserts ftw

Wulfric the huge demon looking guy who just wants to chill and read books

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i confused chibisoma with delphisage another bizarre goon hated and reviled on every internet forum

Is Chibisoma the Gunnerkrigg Court maniac, the Rock Band forums maniac, or both of these

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel like Xenoblade 2 gets a bad rap for being hella horny babe time, which it absolutely plays into at points but not to the extent where it gets weird, unless I'm forgetting something major

There's so much poo poo to do in that game.. every unique blade has a massive multipart character quest that goes into way more detail & backstory than you would imagine for what is essentially a gacha pokemon system. Even the babe blades

There’s like some weird implied stuff with Poppie and Tora I think? Otherwise all I remember is that some blades had big boobs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheMightyBoops posted:

There’s like some weird implied stuff with Poppie and Tora I think? Otherwise all I remember is that some blades had big boobs.
Tora is like 'i made this robot maid shes so kawaiii' but hes meant to be like 14 or w/e. Its a pretty innocent bit

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Is Chibisoma the Gunnerkrigg Court maniac, the Rock Band forums maniac, or both of these

*ice-t voice* they call em the gunnerkrigg court maniac

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Antivehicular posted:

I was about to say that's the guy who liked to rape straight dudes (including his friends), but no, that was Azure_Horizon

God. gently caress you, Azure_Horizon.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Endorph posted:

Tora is like 'i made this robot maid shes so kawaiii' but hes meant to be like 14 or w/e. Its a pretty innocent bit

Yeah it’s reasonably tame from what I remember. That game is gigantic though so there’s no way I’ve seen all of it.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i don't like the amount fan service in the game. worst thing in the game is between dahlia, newt, pyra (combination outfit, premise, and screentime exposure), or tora's creepouts if you are allergic to anime (which those scenes are extremely played up). realistically it could have had way worse fan service, still just looking back on it the amount still feels weird. it's just the quantity that makes it feel like diet form of a titty anime game. xbc1 had very little which is why it feels so out of place

it's still a good game despite the gacha mechanic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

chibisoma is the gunnerkrigg court maniac and the Bastion gamepad maniac, the Rock Band forums maniac was Methodis/worms butthole guy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
chibisoma is the maniac who kept playing games on an old controller and got infuriated when a game didnt support it and even refused a dev offer to send him a new controller lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

even refused a dev offer to send him a new controller lol

lmao goons ftw

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chibisoma is the maniac who kept playing games on an old controller and got infuriated when a game didnt support it and even refused a dev offer to send him a new controller lol

It was some piece of poo poo $20 wal mart thing wasn't it? Like bad even by the standards of its own day

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Heath posted:

It was some piece of poo poo $20 wal mart thing wasn't it? Like bad even by the standards of its own day

lol the cousin controller

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol the cousin controller

what a thread

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Does anyone have a link?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Voxx posted:

i don't like the amount fan service in the game. worst thing in the game is between dahlia, newt, pyra (combination outfit, premise, and screentime exposure), or tora's creepouts if you are allergic to anime (which those scenes are extremely played up). realistically it could have had way worse fan service, still just looking back on it the amount still feels weird. it's just the quantity that makes it feel like diet form of a titty anime game. xbc1 had very little which is why it feels so out of place

it's still a good game despite the gacha mechanic

Oh yeah you definitely need a high anime tolerance to play it for sure. I'm glad 3 reigned it back in on the sheer anime power levels on display

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah my anime tolerance is very low, esp fanservicey stuff

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Heath posted:

One of those old Logitech PC controllers, I think.

This one is "newer" and has 360-colored buttons but the basic design is the same. I definitely remember having one of these pieces of poo poo back in, like, 2005, and playing Mega Man and Sonic fangames with it when I was 9.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Heath posted:

Yeah my anime tolerance is very low, esp fanservicey stuff

Skill issue.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
the tora poppi bit got me to tap out. too much for me lol

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Rea posted:

This one is "newer" and has 360-colored buttons but the basic design is the same. I definitely remember having one of these pieces of poo poo back in, like, 2005, and playing Mega Man and Sonic fangames with it when I was 9.

I have this exact model. It’s a Bluetooth controller but constantly loses connections making it absolutely useless unless you use the extender cable they include that adds a good 2.5 feet into the dongle on which case it works like a charm but also defeats the point of habit it be wireless in the first place

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I appear to have misremembered, I checked the old posts and CS explicitly said they had a Nyko Airflo.

This somehow looks worse than that Logitech thing. I can't imagine anyone using this well into 2012.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmfao holy poo poo

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Rea posted:

I appear to have misremembered, I checked the old posts and CS explicitly said they had a Nyko Airflo.

This somehow looks worse than that Logitech thing. I can't imagine anyone using this well into 2012.

the controller with the fan in it? lmfao

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
controllers that only kids on leashes used

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Endorph posted:

nah its rly creepy. its fine if uve got the tolerance to handle it or w/e but its extremely offputting lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Looks like a toy controller that makes animal noises when you press buttons.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Southern Cassowary posted:

the controller with the fan in it? lmfao

with a what

okay I checked Nyko's site and found this

quote:

2002: Nyko introduces patented AirFlo technology placing a small fan in the controller to cool the hands of gamers during intense game play

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rea posted:

content warning that poo poo

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
They were loud as gently caress too.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Plot twist: Chibisoma had the sweatiest palms known to man and could only keep a controller in his hands via 2002's most advanced cooling tech

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Think I'm going to re-read the imp zone controller thread again.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rea posted:

This is the one that was used to control that submarine that imploded I think

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lazy Devs not even supporting HD Flo anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Stux posted:

nah its rly creepy. its fine if uve got the tolerance to handle it or w/e but its extremely offputting lol

I don't remember that at all, but that's probably because I swapped Tora for Morag as soon as I possibly could