Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

bagmonkey posted:

do you mean the Howard the Duck?

I've had a surprising amount of conversations about Howard the Duck's dork

No the Fatal Fury character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My two 80's babes: Lea Thompson!

and Karate Kid's Elizabeth Shue

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ruby Gloom posted:

i have noticed a disturbing amount of canadian geese in the fields round here, wondering about forming them into my own personal goose army tbh

they should be excommunicated to antarctica for their crimes

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I saw some geese in a few different parks around town on the way home from work. I wonder where they go when 2 feet of snow suddenly falls

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I would rock that hat for sure

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I saw some geese in a few different parks around town on the way home from work. I wonder where they go when 2 feet of snow suddenly falls

You tell those Geese I know about them, and they should stay in line.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
And the bow tie

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Dangit redshirt you messed up my ddddouble post

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dixville posted:

Dangit redshirt you messed up my ddddouble post

Look into my eyes.....

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I'm gonna guess they go south

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

redshirt posted:

Look into my eyes.....

I'm drunk on low carb margaritas you may regret this

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dixville posted:

I'm drunk on low carb margaritas you may regret this

Go on, look. I have the ends of time in there.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
We're playing this song at our concert in a couple weeks and Tichelli is coming to conduct and I'm band nerding out hard. I hope we can play it well. It's a little nerve wracking having the composer come to conduct his piece but also exciting!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1aEd2LCqLs

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DorkusMalorkus posted:

to hell where they belong :hehe:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Throws multi mixer!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Ruby Gloom posted:

i have noticed a disturbing amount of canadian geese in the fields round here, wondering about forming them into my own personal goose army tbh

the goose lady of glasgow!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Unlike many, I will fight any goose I see. They know it too, I walk right up to them and they back away.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

one time a flock of geese walked right through where I was standing and stopped with me right in the middle by a bunch of adorable fluffy baby geese

I don't know wtf was up because normally they're not chill about that but it was cool and now me and geese are friends

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm watching love is blind and this dude just gave a girl a dog collar because she has the same name as his dog?? It's supposed to be sweet but like what the heck

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

redshirt posted:

Unlike many, I will fight any goose I see. They know it too, I walk right up to them and they back away.

if you do it I'm gonna have to john wick you

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TIP posted:

if you do it I'm gonna have to john wick you

Do it. There are many other animals and/or birds I am absolutely not afraid of and will fight at the drop of a hat.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

i strongly dislike geese

Geese are nature's jerks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I mean literally if you have been held back by a flock of mean geese or some such I am here to let you know, today we walk free!

Just walking down by the small pond at the town centre, not a care in the world.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

redshirt posted:

The most vivid real dreams I ever had were from about mid-1994 until I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in late 1996.

Textured, detailed, full-color, What Dreams May Come - level poo poo that was episodic - dreams would continue for several nights in a row, picking up where they left off. I met all kinds of people, from all periods of history, and we were all dead.

I also dreamed of a conversation I had with my father, who died in July 1995. That one was so real it freaked me out for the rest of the day. I can see why people believe in an afterlife.

But it all stopped after I got my first CPAP.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 14, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

redshirt posted:

My two 80's babes: Lea Thompson!

This is like the second thread to bring this up in a week-ish, so the question here is which movie do you think of her in first, the Back to the Future trilogy, Howard the Duck, Red Dawn, or something else.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gosh if on the spot it's BTTF

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Canada Geese can be perfectly pleasant in my experience. They do get pretty hissy around nesting season. And they crap a lot.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

PainterofCrap posted:

The most vivid real dreams I ever had were from about mid-1994 until I was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in late 1996.

Textured, detailed, full-color, What Dreams May Come - level poo poo that was episodic - dreams would continue for several nights in a row, picking up where they left off. I met all kinds of people, from all periods of history, and we were all dead.

I also dreamed of a conversation I had with my father, who died in July 1995. That one was so real it freaked me out for the rest of the day. I can see why people believe in an afterlife.

But it all stopped after I got my first CPAP.

Bring it loving goose, I'll step right up.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

fartknocker posted:

This is like the second thread to bring this up in a week-ish, so the question here is which movie do you think of her in first, the Back to the Future trilogy, Howard the Duck, Red Dawn, or something else.

Leah Thompson kept my rear end in the $3.25 seat I bought to watch that crap, right up to the credits

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I remember walking along the quad at Uni long ago. And the Geese acting like they owned the place, and they probably did, due to all of you soft as gently caress motherfuckers.

I walk on that loving Quad and the geese all perk up, they know what's up, I just have to vaguely gesture in their direction. They scatter.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Geese like to hang out on the trails where I ride my bike so the areas are always covered in goose poop

It's a goose poop landmine field

It's also fun to sing "little goose poop" to the tune of the beach boys

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I tell you what you need to do. You find a partner. And then together you dress up in your best goose fighting clothes, and you get out there after that loving goose, together, as a couple.

After you do it the first time, you are changed...

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

HOLY poo poo MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it doesn't take effect until 2026 :negative:

and they won't be banned in winter or fall until 2028 :negative::negative:

but some day my torture will end

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TIP posted:

FREE AT LAST!!

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

TIP posted:

start your engines countdowns

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I'm staying the night at my parents' house because it's closer to work than my place and the snowpocalypse is allegedly coming.

It's after midnight and the rain has turned to snow and I really need to sleep but I can't

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I'm staying the night at my parents' house because it's closer to work than my place and the snowpocalypse is allegedly coming.

It's after midnight and the rain has turned to snow and I really need to sleep but I can't

i hope you stocked up on snowpocalypse snacks dorkus :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

jfc i just discovered that our commercial director has been sending out professional emails with a comic sans email sig :negative: