Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

How am I supposed to do the solo Aerith against two bombs fight without either a) perfect blocking everything or b) seriously over leveling to an insane degree? Tried sleep and stopping one or both nothing lasts long enough to help.

i used gravity magic. three gravira casts brought them down to the self-destruct threshold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Question. What are some decent materias for hard mode that I might not have considered yet?
I'm loving jump right now with hp absorb

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 14, 2024

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Like most solo Cloud fights it ultimately turns into a "use punisher mode counter" test. From what I recall if you counter the attack they do after playing dead they get pressured and putting one into an early stagger is the key to winning the fight. Predictably it gets much more manageable once its one on one.

Yeah trying a mix of fira and punisher stance counters (have tried sleep, regen, and haste a bunch too) I’m about 40 attempts deep and haven’t even killed one of them, this is just insanely frustrating

Trip Hazard
Jan 17, 2017

stev posted:

Lmao the PS5 update made Chadley louder.

I absolutely poo poo myself when his voice blasted out of my controller

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
I admire anyone who was brave enough not to change the sound to TV only as soon as MAI was introduced.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

How am I supposed to do the solo Aerith against two bombs fight without either a) perfect blocking everything or b) seriously over leveling to an insane degree? Tried sleep and stopping one or both nothing lasts long enough to help.

I used Transcendence and then ran away blocking their slow fireballs while waiting for it to charge to level 2, then did that again for the second bomb.

Transcendence is very strong

Augus fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 14, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Give Aerith ATB gain materia if you're struggling with her on her own. Her equipment has a billion slots so you can really twist her capabilities with materia.

You should be fine for ATB once luminous ward is up though. Spamming attacks is nearly Barret tier bar goes up.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Aerith has this combo whip attack with Tifa that charges her ATB really quickly too, hits like a truck.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Let the Battles Begin! on the piano... no thanks.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Azubah posted:

Aerith has this combo whip attack with Tifa that charges her ATB really quickly too, hits like a truck.

Yeah spellbound blast and spell blade are absolutely insane. They basically do a braver for free that hits as magic damage.

Also they can hit a whole heap of enemies at once so you can do way more than a single braver worth of damage. Sometimes I just do spell blade/blast repeatedly and end fights against tougher enemies.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It also gives ATB charge for each enemy hit, so if you hit 2 enemies (very easy with spellbound blast), you get almost 2 full ATB.

Also the fireball aerith fight is made very easy with the two block materia, and magnify-Ice, with a defensive elemental-fire setup. The fireballs are dirt easy to perfect block with the precision defense materia, and give you a ton of ATB as a result. Then just use magnified blizzaras, which might both hit each bomb, causing significant aoe damage.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 14, 2024

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Jimbot posted:

Let the Battles Begin! on the piano... no thanks.

I was able to A rank it after a few tries, but One Winged Angel....absolutely not.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 14, 2024

they want shady
May 11, 2013

berenzen posted:

It also gives ATB charge for each enemy hit, so if you hit 2 enemies (very easy with spellbound blast), you get almost 2 full ATB.

Also the fireball aerith fight is made very easy with the two block materia, and magnify-Ice, with a defensive elemental-fire setup. The fireballs are dirt easy to perfect block with the precision defense materia, and give you a ton of ATB as a result. Then just use magnified blizzaras, which might both hit each bomb, causing significant aoe damage.

There's no reason to use blizzard against bombs. And if you're hopping between wards like I did at least one of the blizzaras might miss because the spell's slow enough that they may get out of the way as they slowly float towards you. I'd just pop comet or something, does just as good a job at catching them from the pressure and the cast time's not a problem if you pop it from radiant. Someone earlier mentioned gravity and that might be the best tho, thinking on it.

e: wish bombs in real time ffs were all as fun to fight as the ones in stranger of paradise. Nice little gimmick but also extremely satisfying.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I just use thunder on everything that isn't immune or resistant to it because it's guaranteed to hit and if you magnify it from the arcane ward it's gg to everything on the field that isn't very robust.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

People seem to be saying that Tifa is still the only one with a stagger multiplier but Cait Sith's Moogle Knuckle will apply the same affect. People should be using Cait Sith more is what I'm saying.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I never use Tifa because I don't like her gameplay. I think this is principally because you always have Cloud in the team so I'm covered off on melee and want some variety among the other characters.

And yeah, that's Cait Sith to a t.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

People seem to be saying that Tifa is still the only one with a stagger multiplier but Cait Sith's Moogle Knuckle will apply the same affect. People should be using Cait Sith more is what I'm saying.

I like Cait Sith's way more since it gets to 200% if both punches hit.
Tifa's is 190%. The range is also point blank so you better be in their face or you might whiff.
Aerith's is the worst. It's ranged, but is slow to complete. It gets to the stagger meter to 184%.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I like Cait Sith's way more since it gets to 200% if both punches hit.
Tifa's is 190%.
Aerith's is the worst. It's ranged, but is slow to complete. It gets to the stagger meter to 184%.

Aerith can boost the stagger meter? What's the tech? Lay it on me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JBP posted:

She gets a weapon ability called Ray of Judgment

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

Pretty sure it's from her weapon at Shinra Manor. Do the sidequest where the mayor asks you to see what's making the spooky ghost noises. Once that's done, backtrack to the fight simulator and do the rest. When you beat those, it opens a side area that has loot and another weapon for her.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Tifa has the Omnistrike loop so you can pump the stagger bar to 300% really easily while giving your other characters 2 bars with ATB Assist materia, the other chars aren't even close. But Tifa + Cait Sith + Cloud with a genji glove could probably hit Infinity's End for about a billion damage

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 14, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Spermando posted:

I admire anyone who was brave enough not to change the sound to TV only as soon as MAI was introduced.

I changed it to TV only before she was introduced, like, before I even started the game, because I hate the controller speakers in all contexts.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sakurazuka posted:

Whichever ward she has that blocks enemy projectiles (the one that is a flower floating in the air)
You're invincible at that point and you can just casually press square until you win

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

oh man there are Queens Blood puzzles. that rocks

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Hojo, stop making me fight Yin & Yangs, it’s clear I can melt them with no effort

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love this game, I love the minigames, but I will admit I groaned out loud when I saw that the box breaking minigame had a new difficulty mode

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i have no minigames left except the final gold saucer challenges, which i might just leave for a chapter select run. i'd like to finish this thing by the weekend

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
Do the gold saucer rewards ever get updated? I have a bunch of points left over after buying all the folios and cards and wondering if I should save them for later or blow them. I’m on chapter 9.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Seph posted:

Do the gold saucer rewards ever get updated? I have a bunch of points left over after buying all the folios and cards and wondering if I should save them for later or blow them. I’m on chapter 9.

they do

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not only will the rewards be updated, a bunch of the rewards are unique crafting materials you'll need to buy if you want to craft all the unique accessories, so you should save your points

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
What all non-Golden Saucer mini games get updated in chapter 12? I saw someone mentioned the box breaking one

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What all non-Golden Saucer mini games get updated in chapter 12? I saw someone mentioned the box breaking one

The Frog Zone gets a new one which I missed the first time around

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chapter 12 final sidequest spoilers:

Oh come on, game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really hope the chocobos we ride in Rebirth come back in part 3, we deserve a follow-up on our chocobo friends

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Harrow posted:

I really hope the chocobos we ride in Rebirth come back in part 3, we deserve a follow-up on our chocobo friends

High chance of Piko coming back. The Others who knows

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

FF7remake on PC has the best mods:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Holy loving poo poo these doors in the gold cup chocobo race are rigged against me I swear, this is bullshit

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Aerith Gainsbro is a primo username

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Issaries posted:

FF7remake on PC has the best mods:

Buffie, pronounced "Boofy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007