Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ciaphas posted:

are there any spots on the charger that AC rounds won't bounce off while still doing damage? is hitting the ground near a leg going to help break the armor there, possibly?
The butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mode 7 posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: HELLDIVERS 2 THREAD GANG TAGS :siren: :siren: :siren:

If you want this gangtag:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

sure why not

toasterwarrior posted:

FWIW I've attempted a diff 5 run on the TCS missions and it would still spawn like a charger every wave so I'm now doubting they nerfed that spawn rate

it seems like they reduced the charger/bile titan spawn rate down to difficulty 6, so an net increase overall.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 14, 2024

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

are there any spots on the charger that AC rounds won't bounce off while still doing damage? is hitting the ground near a leg going to help break the armor there, possibly?

butt, back of legs, think you can do a mouth shot when they lift their head up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ciaphas posted:

Shoot the butt 3ish times and it'll explode and start gushing ichor. A while later the charger will die.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Ciaphas posted:

IMO if you abandon a mech without destroying it you should be penalized for allowing the enemies of democracy to capture it [yes this includes the bugs]

I want to see Infested Mechs now, a la StarCraft or Warframe.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

BeAuMaN posted:

that would be siiiick

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Darox posted:

I've only played the TCS missions a couple times on diff7 but I feel like I'm in a completely different world. I haven't had a bile spitter mission yet (put Bile Spitters into every bug mission!) but I've only seen a handful titans on any mission, less than the normal pre-patch numbers of chargers, and I've never seen someone hit the button repeatedly to overwhelm the base because I've never seen any of the objectives fail or drop below 90% hp. I've simply thrown down a sentry, tossed gatling barrages at breechs, and EAT'd anything big. I've only done it with 3-4 man teams and I imagine like eradicate that it gets a lot more unmanageable with only 1-2 people but it's far easier at diff7 than bot scientist evacuation ever was even at diff 5.

I think it's just extremely variable. I just did a diff6 TCS and one of the silos immediately spawned 2 BTs with a third not far behind and we failed. Hit the button again, once again had 3 BTs running around at once and we failed. Tried it a third time and it spawned zero BTs or chargers the entire time.

treepunk as hell
Dec 29, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

1) Quote this post within the next 24 hours or so, cutoff time will be 14/03/24 9am UTC (you can of course buy the gang tag for yourself at any point, this is just for the freebies)

2) If you already have the max amount of gang tags (3) please tell me which one to remove to make room in your quote post.

3) Desire for this gang tag was way higher than I expected. If your only post in this thread is asking for the gang tag I am probably not going to queue one for free, apologies. I queue these up but admins still have to sign off on em and we're apparently discouraged from handing them out like candy :v:

Re: Infected Mechs, now i'm imagining shooting a rogue mech and like 15 hunters burst out of it like baby spiders

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Bugs with guns and rockets sounds pretty scary and also like it wouldn't really fit the theme of keeping the factions different.

At the same time I want to run around a mech and shoot a brain bug that's sticking out the back.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I feel like I use my primary to MUCH greater effect against bugs rather than bots, but I need more specialized tools to kills chargers/titans. Whereas with bots I just use the same weapons to kill 70% of the bots and use like a pistol to kill the lovely little terminators

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The stun orbital/mortar is pretty decent to buy time.

I'm a big fan of the ems mortar now, especiallyon the new missons. It'll stun lock a huge group and make them stand around looking at you while you pick them off. Related to this I took the MG 43 with me on a 7 silo mission and that thing needs more ammo before it has to reload. Maybe an optional belt feed backpack for that and the stalwart.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

So the reward for the TCS event is Hive Lords reawakening right?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

novaSphere posted:

So the reward for the TCS event is Hive Lords reawakening right?

it's probably flying bugs. they're in game right now as a stalker alternative but they almost never spawn. i assume that after this they're going to introduce the siege mech walker thing for the automatons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Darox posted:

I've only played the TCS missions a couple times on diff7 but I feel like I'm in a completely different world. I haven't had a bile spitter mission yet (put Bile Spitters into every bug mission!) but I've only seen a handful titans on any mission, less than the normal pre-patch numbers of chargers, and I've never seen someone hit the button repeatedly to overwhelm the base because I've never seen any of the objectives fail or drop below 90% hp. I've simply thrown down a sentry, tossed gatling barrages at breechs, and EAT'd anything big. I've only done it with 3-4 man teams and I imagine like eradicate that it gets a lot more unmanageable with only 1-2 people but it's far easier at diff7 than bot scientist evacuation ever was even at diff 5.

I've had at least one turret announce its love for super communism and turn directly around and destroy the silo

The bugs spawned at the other silo

Everything on the TCS missions above level 5 is a super quagmire doomed to fail

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BastardySkull posted:

Something between heavy armour and the mech as a strategem, which is balanced by the armour being ablative and also being slower than normal would be ace. Yes I want to be a space marine/firebat.

I was actually thinking the opposite effect, but I guess they could have both kinds. A backpack slot strategem that deploys into a exosuit skeleton that enhances your capabilities. Run faster, throw farther, carry more grenades and ammo, absorb more recoil, etc. Not sure what would be a fair balance trade off. Maybe a finite fuel that once it runs out, you have to drop it?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

turn off the TV posted:

it's probably flying bugs. they're in game right now as a stalker alternative but they almost never spawn.
I've never seen one period, and I've been playing a lot. Got any footage?

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

There's some on reddit. They're a rare spawn like the mechs were on Tian Kwan during the defense campaign.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BeAuMaN posted:

Hey...

What if the Termicide gives the bugs a way to infest people?

:tinfoil:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Angry_Ed posted:

I feel like they replaced the reduced Bile Titans and Chargers with more spewers of every type and frankly that might actually be worse in some respects.

The spewers are way easier to kill but frankly they are more deadly in many situations than chargers. A charge won't kill you (although their big stab move will) . A spewer will kill you instantly with a hit. Easy to dodge, but not so much when they sneak up behind you or there are four of them surrounding. Plus when you are dodging you aren't shooting so you aren't helping the situation.

I guess really it's just a feeling. When I notice a charger right near me I'm annoyed. When I notice a spewer right near me I know I have to dodge and run instantly or I'll be dead.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The mortar spewers are the worst bug enemies tied with hunters, worst part is they’ll mortar you even though they don’t know you are there

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Warmachine posted:

Hey...

What if the Termicide gives the bugs a way to infest people?

:tinfoil:

People are worried about mutating bugs, but what it it mutates our divers into separatists?

Play posted:

The spewers are way easier to kill but frankly they are more deadly in many situations than chargers. A charge won't kill you (although their big stab move will) . A spewer will kill you instantly with a hit. Easy to dodge, but not so much when they sneak up behind you or there are four of them surrounding. Plus when you are dodging you aren't shooting so you aren't helping the situation.

I guess really it's just a feeling. When I notice a charger right near me I'm annoyed. When I notice a spewer right near me I know I have to dodge and run instantly or I'll be dead.

I hate how the body of one will shield others, they even crawl right through dead ones. Otoh I've seen a bile spewer explode and kill a titan so

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The spewers are probably my number 1 death from bugs. I've died to so many of them just spitting poo poo on me because I didn't see them.

For bots it's those big rocket guys(rocket devastators?) that basically insta kill you if they get line of sight on you.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hi Helldiver who drops a mortar sentry on yhe extraction point. You're doing *great*

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Yes please!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Please sir, yes.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Gang me up

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

Hi Helldiver who drops a mortar sentry on yhe extraction point. You're doing *great*

These are probably my #1 TK death. Every time I see one drop in I know I'm gonna die or one of my other teammates.

Is there a good way to use them or are they just a trap?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Arc Hammer posted:

me, level 35, after getting TK'd 5 times in a row with mortars by the guy in the group I play with: Hey could you maybe not?
him, level 10: YOU SHOULD STAY WITH US

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

wilderthanmild posted:

These are probably my #1 TK death. Every time I see one drop in I know I'm gonna die or one of my other teammates.

Mortar sentries are actually good against bots, though you still need to be careful, since they largely stand at range and shoot at you and can even kill tanks but they are complete suicide against bugs.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://packaged-media.redd.it/v5ox...4e863f50802#t=0

=== WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK ===>

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

wilderthanmild posted:

It generally is better with bots since bots are on average less likely to be constantly swarming you. Until they drop a billion chainsaw guys.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

wilderthanmild posted:

Don't be near enemies. If you're all packed in on an eradicate/defense mission they'll mostly mortar enemies.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
e: nvm

rabidcowfromhell fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 14, 2024

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The devs not understanding why people went for charger legs instead of the head blows my mind.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

So since yesterday on ps5 every time I start the game my weapons are set to default and the basic tutorial popups keep happening, known bug?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tbh I still shoot legs. Its just easier to hit. Then ~5 Slugger slugs and gg.

As long as slow effects are as common as they are with bugs, I think I will be perma running shield. They are a death sentence a lot of the time. Quicker jump pack cooldown would be welcome, tho thats prob a skill issue

VV: absolutely

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 14, 2024

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know about anyone else but I find the most dangerous part of chargers is their janky momentum that will have them powerslide right over you, even if stunned or killed.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

AnEdgelord posted:

but they are complete suicide against bugs.

That makes sense. I've been playing bugs lately, so my impression is probably skewed quite a bit.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dandywalken posted:

Tbh I still shoot legs. Its just easier to hit. Then ~5 Slugger slugs and gg.

As long as slow effects are as common as they are with bugs, I think I will be perma running shield. They are a death sentence a lot of the time. Quicker jump pack cooldown would be welcome, tho thats prob a skill issue

Most weapons bounce right off the head and it's such a small and fast moving target I can't imagine too many people try to hit it in the first place. The devs seem to want people to be running anti-tank or anti-material rifles specifically for chargers, while also making them insanely mobile and spawn so frequently the limited ammo of those weapons could never keep up. This game's barely been out for a few months and I'm already struggling to understand how they intend for people to play this game anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Mode 7 posted:

Notes/Rules:

Does this mean Ann-Margret is not coming?