Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I thought several of these effects were nerfed in honor mode, but apparently not by that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqKJtLdUe04

He also discovered an infinite damage combo that probably never would have gotten dreamed up if not for playing in such a dumb way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Zodium posted:

what house rules do everyone play with? my first two runs were pretty no holds barred, but I decided to make up a few honorable rules for my honor mode run, and it definitely made the game a lot more fun for me:

* no pickpocketing vendors.
* no respeccing to reset vendor inventories or buy max attitude.
* no buff/utility bot characters.
* no haste or speed potions.
* no globe of invulnerability.
* no alert.

not so much trying to jack up the difficulty as prevent myself from trivializing the game and relying on repetitive boring stuff.

My first game I did 'trying for optimized, but flailing.' So everyone had alert and potions of giant str, Laezel had an early silver sword, and Karlach was a tavern brawler throw barb.

My second and current run is the most optimized and degenerate thing I can come up with, buffing team in camp, everyone using stolen magic arrows and scrolls etc.

A goody two shoes no pickpocket run sounds nightmarish, might try that one next :unsmigghh:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

:vince:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Thundarr posted:

I thought several of these effects were nerfed in honor mode, but apparently not by that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqKJtLdUe04

He also discovered an infinite damage combo that probably never would have gotten dreamed up if not for playing in such a dumb way.

I want that elk nose ring irl.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it's really adorable how the rivington kids comment on Us being a kitty. need a mod that gives it a cat model. :3:

edit: also, apparently +16 persuasion is the most discount you can get (-200%), which you can reach with 18 cha, ring of geniality, the pointy hat and envoy's amulet if you don't have good int.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 13, 2024

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I still remember mouthing "what on earth?" the first time I went into that fight and that music started blaring.

LIIIIIVES
ALL MORTAL LIIIIIIVES
EXPIIIIIIIRE

SOULS
GO TO THEIR DOOOOOM
IN FLAAAAAMES
I think the game also ignores your relative volume for music and goes "nah this poo poo only plays at 11"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shumagorath posted:

I think the game also ignores your relative volume for music and goes "nah this poo poo only plays at 11"

Just make sure you don't cast Silence on him or he stops singing!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Loel posted:

My first game I did 'trying for optimized, but flailing.' So everyone had alert and potions of giant str, Laezel had an early silver sword, and Karlach was a tavern brawler throw barb.

My second and current run is the most optimized and degenerate thing I can come up with, buffing team in camp, everyone using stolen magic arrows and scrolls etc.

A goody two shoes no pickpocket run sounds nightmarish, might try that one next :unsmigghh:

I enjoyed that moment before one of the patches when we learned who in here steals and who in here is a goodie two shoes because of whether or not their Act 3 was playable or not

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Medullah posted:

Just make sure you don't cast Silence on him or he stops singing!

This is actually not true but it's basically an internet urban legend at this point.

E. I feel like it started because he only sings a few lines in the song so people assume he must be muted.

mycot fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 14, 2024

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I cast Silence on him by muting the TV.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I found out about The Music.

That was an absolute banger of a moment.

I've tried so many times to save Hope, but she dies on me

Kolodny
Jul 10, 2010

Zodium posted:

it's really adorable how the rivington kids comment on Us being a kitty. need a mod that gives it a cat model. :3:

I can’t remember the trigger, but if in the oubliette you talk to it about how it’ll avoid being stomped to death by being a brain monster, it says that it’ll appear to all but team murderhobo like a kitty.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Shockeh posted:

Have her leave the room

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shockeh posted:

Sounds like you left your Globe scrolls back at camp??

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Just wrapped up my second playthrough (and the first one on tactician) with a good character after having played a comically evil rogue on my first run. I am pretty amazed at the enormous amount of content that you just skip or outright bypass if you really lean into being evil, as fun as that may be. The ending also felt like much more of an actual conclusion this time around with all of the epilogue stuff, the first time I completed the game was pre-patch 5 so the ending was basically ok you control the netherbrain now also you have some cool glowy eyes k bye

Also I wasn't really feeling the Shadowheart romance I had been going for the entire game so in the end I said gently caress it and went to do some awesome dungeon adventures in Avernus with Karlach and Wyll. Karlach gave me a cigar right before we vaporized a shitload of demons, it was rad as hell. I think the moral of the story is that I should have just romanced Karlach to begin with.

Flipped-flopped between Wizard and Sorcerer well into Act 2, trying to find a caster build I liked. Settled on storm sorcerer, nice blend of firepower and mobility and twinned chain lightning is just a delightful thing. Did not bother with multiclassing, also no brainworm powers used whatsoever.

Anyway now I just need to decide which of the half a dozen characters that I've abandoned in different parts of act 1 and 2 I should pick up again. A real serial killer dark urge run sounds like it could be fun.

Easily the best RPG I've played.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

chin up, boys out.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Oh poo poo. I have not seen or heard of this before

https://x.com/baldursfeyre/status/1767853654676230160?s=20

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Trevor Hale posted:

This loving game omg

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Trevor Hale posted:

this is the fate shar worshippers deserve

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Shockeh posted:

She can cast divine intervention and she's only in your party for that one fight, so...

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
finished the game got the karlach doomslayer ending, act 1 and 2 are 9-9.5 out of 10, act 3 is 8/10. Very good, but not the GOAT.

what's this house of hope everyone keeps talking about? is it something to do with raphael? i got sick of him after i killed his super-bad nemesis and he didn't even say thank you and left him sitting in the brothel.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

finished the game got the karlach doomslayer ending, act 1 and 2 are 9-9.5 out of 10, act 3 is 8/10. Very good, but not the GOAT.

what's this house of hope everyone keeps talking about? is it something to do with raphael? i got sick of him after i killed his super-bad nemesis and he didn't even say thank you and left him sitting in the brothel.

You can go to Raphael's house in Hell and steal all his stuff and murder him.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Kolodny posted:

I can’t remember the trigger, but if in the oubliette you talk to it about how it’ll avoid being stomped to death by being a brain monster, it says that it’ll appear to all but team murderhobo like a kitty.

i think it always says that if you talk to it, but I only just noticed the rivington kids (and yenna, apparently) talking to it like a cat.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Eau de MacGowan posted:

You can go to Raphael's refuge, steal all his poo poo and kill him. The music track that plays as you do this is probably the best one in a game full of great music.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

She can cast divine intervention and she's only in your party for that one fight, so...

just make sure she's in a Globe of Invulnerability BEFORE you pop her nuke

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Trevor Hale posted:

https://twitter.com/mrjohncorcoran/status/1767997779056419228?s=46&t=dQl6Iu6Wmq7antcZ30Prgw

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I didn't even know what DI was until I had a look through her repertoire. Restarted the fight and built it around the idea of a long rest for everyone half way through and managed to scrape it.

I'm going to get on a boat for the finale tonight, how long should I set aside?

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Junkenstein posted:

I didn't even know what DI was until I had a look through her repertoire. Restarted the fight and built it around the idea of a long rest for everyone half way through and managed to scrape it.

I'm going to get on a boat for the finale tonight, how long should I set aside?

If you plan on finishing the entire game in one sitting, 2-3 hours at least for the first go-around. But the finale is multiphase, that warning just notes no more party change backsies, camp chest loot trips or long rests so if you have consumables or barrels of runepowder remaining load them up.

Also bring your money with you.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Well, let me tell you'd have rated act 3 10/10 if you had done it.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Just wrapped up my second playthrough (and the first one on tactician) with a good character after having played a comically evil rogue on my first run. I am pretty amazed at the enormous amount of content that you just skip or outright bypass if you really lean into being evil, as fun as that may be. The ending also felt like much more of an actual conclusion this time around with all of the epilogue stuff, the first time I completed the game was pre-patch 5 so the ending was basically ok you control the netherbrain now also you have some cool glowy eyes k bye

Also I wasn't really feeling the Shadowheart romance I had been going for the entire game so in the end I said gently caress it and went to do some awesome dungeon adventures in Avernus with Karlach and Wyll. Karlach gave me a cigar right before we vaporized a shitload of demons, it was rad as hell. I think the moral of the story is that I should have just romanced Karlach to begin with.

Flipped-flopped between Wizard and Sorcerer well into Act 2, trying to find a caster build I liked. Settled on storm sorcerer, nice blend of firepower and mobility and twinned chain lightning is just a delightful thing. Did not bother with multiclassing, also no brainworm powers used whatsoever.

Anyway now I just need to decide which of the half a dozen characters that I've abandoned in different parts of act 1 and 2 I should pick up again. A real serial killer dark urge run sounds like it could be fun.

Easily the best RPG I've played.

lol, my feeling exactly, including dumping Shadowheart in the finale to go to Avernus with Karlach

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

God drat it I just realized that some time in the last few hours my Nyrulna (aoe throwing weapon thing) disappeared and I have no fuckin idea where it went. RIP throwbarb Karlach, back to Returning Pike for you I guess. Really wish they would fix whatever causes throwing weapons to vanish from existence

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Docjowles posted:

God drat it I just realized that some time in the last few hours my Nyrulna (aoe throwing weapon thing) disappeared and I have no fuckin idea where it went. RIP throwbarb Karlach, back to Returning Pike for you I guess. Really wish they would fix whatever causes throwing weapons to vanish from existence

It's probably on the body of a guard you attacked that provoked a "oh you were naughty naughty and now you're gonna fight" cutscene from the narrator. Those will interrupt the return trajectory of any thrown weapon.

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I beat this fight for the first time yesterday, that Divine Intervention came in clutch when it looked like, well, hope was lost.

That and Duellist's Peergoative forcing Raph to focus on one opponent

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Docjowles posted:

respec her to 5 barb/4 rogue/3 EK fighter and start throwing selune's spear of night, or whatever you find. there are better choices than nyrulna.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Speaking of Raph. So I asked earlier if I wanted a harder fight what was I supposed to do about the pillars? You want to destroy some but not all of them so the thing can happen. I destroyed them all in the first round and he fell on the ice so I originally never got to see what the big deal was.

Thankfully due to some shenanigans we managed to redo the fight as a duo and see what was up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mystic pimp posted:

If you start a civil war in the grove by stealing the idol and then go to the goblin camp to talk to Minthara how does that all play out? I would find out myself but one of my party members is now permanently stuck in combat and I can't long rest anymore so the game doesn't want me to pursue this

By "civil war" do you mean the druids attacking the Tieflings?

I haven't played much of this game yet, but I did this early on and it just resulted in the druids moving in and pretty one-sidedly slaughtering the Tieflings. I managed to kill all the druids, but by the time I did only a single Tiefling was left. They thanked me for siding with them, while surrounded by the corpses of their entire village.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
The fuckin Windows 98 screensaver rear end Avernus background is one of my favourite aesthetic choices in this game. It's just so good

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

I haven't played much of this game yet, but I did this early on and it just resulted in the druids moving in and pretty one-sidedly slaughtering the Tieflings. I managed to kill all the druids, but by the time I did only a single Tiefling was left. They thanked me for siding with them, while surrounded by the corpses of their entire village.

I tried to do this with the "start at level 6" mod and I saved everyone... except Dammon. He died before I got outside (I'm not sure if there's another way to kick it off but I started it by attacking Kagha through dialogue). His body was right near the forge and the actual fighting happened near the oxen, so I don't even know how he died or who killed him. Is there even a druid over there?

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah how does this affect things at the goblin camp. No one survived for me but I ran into a bug consistently trying to go this route so I gave up, that's why I'm curious.

mystic pimp fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mystic pimp posted:

Yeah how does this affect things at the goblin camp. No one survived for me but I ran into a bug consistently trying to go this route so I gave up, that's why I'm curious.

In my case I just reloaded a save from right before I stole the idol, because I didn't want to lose access to that much content just because I wanted to try something on a whim.