Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Given that we'll be going to a big fancy party in Canto 6... who is expecting the "Who here can dance" gag from Canto 2 to return in some form/capacity or at least get called back to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

Given that we'll be going to a big fancy party in Canto 6... who is expecting the "Who here can dance" gag from Canto 2 to return in some form/capacity or at least get called back to

I forget who but one of the lady Sinners claimed ballroom dancing knowledge. So I'm pretty sure Dante is gonna slow dance with them or Heathcliff.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

pretty sure that was heathcliff, actually

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

DuoRogue posted:

actually trying to use g corp gregor for rupture will probably end poorly for your count. Being worthless outside of one specific ego is uh. not something i would bring along to teambuilding.

There's a consideration to bringing twinhook to the BL+Cap ish team, though, i've had him land slowest there

Two ego. AEDD is also amazing for rupture teams.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Lord_Magmar posted:

I forget who but one of the lady Sinners claimed ballroom dancing knowledge. So I'm pretty sure Dante is gonna slow dance with them or Heathcliff.

Faust claimed to have full technical knowledge of dancing but no passion to go with it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah the answers in order were

Dante: Knows what dance is but has no memory of any specific types
Hong Lu: Does know how, but it's a fancy type of dance with too many requirements
Heath: Steps on people's feet
Yi Sang: FEAR
Ishmael: lived on a ship for most of her life
Don: enthusiastic to dance but the mariachi said it lacked meaning or something to that effect
Ryoshu: would literally kill it on the dance floor
Outis: Only did morning exercises at roll call
Rodion: Embarassed to dance
Gregor: Afraid arm would go berserk
Meursault: stays completely silent
Faust: Knows the knowledge, but would lack passion
Sinclair: is the solution

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh heads up, PM casually dropped in the update notes that Gregor's new EGO is a season 3 item, despite it having nothing to do with anything in season 3. So you'll have a handful of weeks to get up enough boxes for it before it's gone for several months.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

having burnt my box shard reserves for rodya: lol, lmao even :shepicide:
back to the dungeons i go

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Oh heads up, PM casually dropped in the update notes that Gregor's new EGO is a season 3 item, despite it having nothing to do with anything in season 3. So you'll have a handful of weeks to get up enough boxes for it before it's gone for several months.

Oh what the gently caress

Varthio
Mar 12, 2024

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I knew it wasn't going to be some random standard banner WAW EGO. Thankfully I had some shard crates stored.

Only downside is that now I don't think I'm able to get the Soup EGO for Sinclair and 4MF for Yi-Sang from S1. Hoping they stay available next season too.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Varthio posted:

I knew it wasn't going to be some random standard banner WAW EGO. Thankfully I had some shard crates stored.

Only downside is that now I don't think I'm able to get the Soup EGO for Sinclair and 4MF for Yi-Sang from S1. Hoping they stay available next season too.

Season 1 stuff should be permanently available by now, they only rotate out the last season stuff.

That said you guys don't have 1000 boxes saved? :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I have almost 1600...

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Season 1 stuff should be permanently available by now, they only rotate out the last season stuff.

That said you guys don't have 1000 boxes saved? :v:

I've had 0 gacha luck and have had to box pretty much everything lmao.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I have over 700.

Also, I have figured out a response to Jun: Yield My Flesh (aka GET STUFFED). Usually if I can manage that, he gets staggered and/or killed.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 12, 2024

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
only 458 here, but i did semi-recently spend a bunch for pequod crew, bl faust, and w ryoshu

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

zero. usually something to use them on, so don't tend to keep more than 200~300 at most. I blame not saving up the little bits of shards that keep accumulating here and there. :goleft:

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I'm around 3500... I might be grinding too much :ohdear:

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

microfolk posted:

I'm around 3500... I might be grinding too much :ohdear:

...maybe just a little

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I'm at 493... I'd have more were it not for my need to u4 anyone I plan on using combo'd with the BL event.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay that is one for my "Don got distorted but Moses brought her back" theory with the whole "the name is familiar but I can't recall where" bit.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Junpei posted:

Okay that is one for my "Don got distorted but Moses brought her back" theory with the whole "the name is familiar but I can't recall where" bit.

Maybe that's why she lacks true heart, as the Syndicate said. Something is holding it back so she doesn't distort.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

thoughts on the hand ego:
on one hand (aheh), an extra 1/2 sin damage/sin power up is nice, and having it go over to next turn at 6+ absolute resonance is even better.
it even throws in a nice chunk of healing for the team, always welcome.
...But it's also a hungry ego gift wanting 2 of everything. should be great for mirror dungeons, but a bit trickier to use outside of em. will have to see how it feels in practice to get a good idea where its at

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Arcanuse posted:

thoughts on the hand ego:
on one hand (aheh), an extra 1/2 sin damage/sin power up is nice, and having it go over to next turn at 6+ absolute resonance is even better.
it even throws in a nice chunk of healing for the team, always welcome.
...But it's also a hungry ego gift wanting 2 of everything. should be great for mirror dungeons, but a bit trickier to use outside of em. will have to see how it feels in practice to get a good idea where its at

unfortunately that 6+ necessitates a Lust team which means uh just Liu, and Kurokumo if they ever get their poo poo together but there's not really enough design space left for that given that they have to share with lineage.

also 14 resources is an absurd cost, for that much investment it should be blind obsession levels of do everything at once

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So the risk levels of abnormalities might get recalibrated, huh... interesting. And Distortions and Peccatula may also get their own classification system.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
The short scene today was very entertaining. Outis in awe at Dante's recently-developed basic competence in doing his job never gets old.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
This game can be so incredibly funny I miss these scenes being dubbed but I love the constant stream of writing we're getting

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

microfolk posted:

This game can be so incredibly funny I miss these scenes being dubbed but I love the constant stream of writing we're getting

Out of interest, how does the game handle these kinds of scenes if you are not up to date? Like if I was still in Canto 4, what would have happened today? Would I get the scene? Would it activate once I cleared Canto 5? Would I just be out of luck and simply wouldn't get it at all?

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Lt. Lizard posted:

Out of interest, how does the game handle these kinds of scenes if you are not up to date? Like if I was still in Canto 4, what would have happened today? Would I get the scene? Would it activate once I cleared Canto 5? Would I just be out of luck and simply wouldn't get it at all?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1973530/view/4112420967356514270?l=english
Extrapolating from this notice and a general vibe recollection, the cutscene won't play until you're up to date on the story from when it dropped, but it will play when you do catch up.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

microfolk posted:

rip heathcliff

e:

KobunFan posted:

Maybe that's why she lacks true heart, as the Syndicate said. Something is holding it back so she doesn't distort.

going by her character preview she just seems to be in really strong denial about something or other. dunno if that's distortionable or not since distortions are more about embracing the worst parts of yourself rather than Seeing Some poo poo on it's own.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 14, 2024

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Yinlock posted:

rip heathcliff

e:

going by her character preview she just seems to be in really strong denial about something or other. dunno if that's distortionable or not since distortions are more about embracing the worst parts of yourself rather than Seeing Some poo poo on it's own.

Considering that Don's friends would punch her when she got out of control (Canto 2) and the new found method to prevent someone from distorting (Canto 5.5?) I bet you Don did in fact distort, or got close to it.

Canto 2 scene:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgrUPDJCgU0&t=130s

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah, that was a fun little scene. Dante is really getting better at handling his "underlings", understanding their strengths and weaknesses.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DropTheAnvil posted:

Considering that Don's friends would punch her when she got out of control (Canto 2) and the new found method to prevent someone from distorting (Canto 5.5?) I bet you Don did in fact distort, or got close to it.

Canto 2 scene:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgrUPDJCgU0&t=130s

don's denial is kinda different from a distortion's though. distortions are all about how [hosed up thing about myself or others] is actually Fine while Don is just extremely wrong about how just Fixers are

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
There's a theory that Don is, or potentially was, a Bloodfiend.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
had a vision of the Limbus Company Abridged moment that only exists in my head:

Dante: Okay, go through your basic character traits really fast.
Gregor: PTSD.
Rodion: I'm depressed, but I cover it up with hedonism!
Sinclair: Anxiety.
Yi Sang: Depression, but it's really obvious.
Ishmael: Constant simmering anger.
Heathcliff: Constant boiling anger.
Don Quixote: I'M DELUSIONAL
Hong Lu: I'm delusional too, but in a completely different way.
Ryoshu: I just like murder.
Meursault: Autism.
Outis: I am perfectly competent and completely normal, and will not betray you in anyway, Manager-sama!
Faust: Autism as well, but I'm perfect at masking.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wait, what's Dante's basic character trait?

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
They are italian

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Quackles posted:

Wait, what's Dante's basic character trait?

Amnesia.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Touché.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
By the way, someone pointed out that the 'red button' we're allowed to press if Ryoshu gets out of hand has not shown up yet (mentioned in her site bio).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

https://youtu.be/W8MHensC0VU
Our first Öufi Association, Heathcliff, they've got a weird halberd type weapon, 2/2/3 coins, big ribbon.

Remind me, how many people do we have that are Section 3 IDs? As far as I remember, this Heathcliff ID is the highest up on the ranks from the people we've seen so far, but I'm not confident on that.

RandomReader fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 15, 2024