Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really like this game and play it still on my xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mdRHOMUQaQ&t=15s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I’m playing zelda minish cap and the ice dungeon might be the steepest vertical difficulty wall I’ve ever seen in a game. It essentially goes from like baby’s first zelda before that to kaizo link to the past

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Battlefront Classic Collection is out now on Steam.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shout out to Steam Economy Enhancer which I've used to bulk sell hundreds of Steam cards & TF2 items to afford some new games.

So far have grabbed Balatro, Helldivers 2, a PUBG Battlepass, and have just snagged Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe - so I can shoot Nazis in the balls

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

elden ring sucks so instead of that i am going to spend the next week replaying the most appropriate game to get ready for Dragon's Dogma 2: Dragon's Dogma 1!

it's great! i backed up my first save file just in case but i started a new game and i'm going to be a Sorcerer this time. I've already made it to Gran Soren and only died once on the way back from the witchwood. i actually did quina's quest this time!

also on the way TO the witchwood i went at night, which meant the area was full of wolves instead of bandits, and after about 20 dead wolves one of my pawns warned me: "Take care Arisen. There may be wolves about."

thanks bud. thank you for that. :v: love this game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

No, they did a whole pop-up event for WcDonald's. There's also tie-in webcomics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DudcvoffiVo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The person who drew the comics for the promotion has more interesting art when they are not drawing McDonald's stuff.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At least there's a safe out if you need to cancel your fan project for any reason.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shard posted:

god I want a successor to Asura's Wrath. I feel like there's been a shameful drought on ludicrously over-the-top games recently

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
we want what will never be

I would love for them to do something with asura's wrath, a remaster that makes the combat better and improves the graphics(it looks good overall but textures are often pixelly up close) or an outright sequel somehow, sure I'd take it. the world of asura's wrath was incredible and the enemies and overall aesthetic ruled

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah I meant a spiritual successor, I've never had any hope of a sequel. Never really wanted one, either, given how far it goes. One man can only get so angry.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Seems like it's very important for fan projects not to take any money

Yuzu has been reborn as Suyu: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2024/03/heres-how-the-makers-of-the-suyu-switch-emulator-plan-to-avoid-getting-sued/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF16 Eikon fights are spiritual successor to Ashura's Wrath.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

FF16 Eikon fights are spiritual successor to Ashura's Wrath.

know what, true - those were wild, especially Titan

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bahamut was my personal fav of the lot but the little Sonic run segment of Titan was probably one of the wildest moments in the game.

The Omega DLC was another banger boss fight IMO so I'm looking forward to Leviathan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

lordfrikk posted:

Yuzu has been reborn as Suyu: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2024/03/heres-how-the-makers-of-the-suyu-switch-emulator-plan-to-avoid-getting-sued/

The dude with 3 years of legal experience they consulted found a workaround: a pop-up window when you go to their website that says,"By clicking OK you promise that you are not from Nintendo and that you won't sue us" and if you click,"Disagree" then it takes you to yahoo.com instead.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nobody's allowed to sue me as long as I've called base

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

lordfrikk posted:

Bless them and I hope they succeed.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

To be fair, Yuzu did gently caress it up by doing the things that exactly cause Nintendo to send their murder legal ninjas. It sucks that hard work that helps with videogame preservation can't be rewarded but that's how you gotta do it under the current system.

That said the fact a newsite is talking about them is ironic given the above post showing they apparently lost already :v:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Shard posted:

Hah, never knew Dvorak's New World Symphony was in that game. It's such a good piece.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Preservation of... games that haven't been released yet?

Whatever though, stealing is cool so go for it if you are poor and/or cheap

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Shout out to Steam Economy Enhancer which I've used to bulk sell hundreds of Steam cards & TF2 items to afford some new games.

So far have grabbed Balatro, Helldivers 2, a PUBG Battlepass, and have just snagged Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe - so I can shoot Nazis in the balls

thanks for posting this I have a ton of poo poo I never sell because it would take too long.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

Elden Ring was enthralling when I was discovering everything for the first time and there was something new around every corner, but the idea of playing it again has very little appeal

Im playing it now and the magic of souls series is exploring and approaching carefully, checking every corner and taking in the scene to find hidden enemies, pathways, traps and walls.

Elden ring is at its best on first play through for me, even then once I've discovered most of that there is to see in an area I get an urge to drop it.
loving lost city under limgrave not being discoverable through actions you can do there like wolf guts hints at is bs. Instead you have to fast travel around and watch at loading screens to learn its some later boss you need to defeat.

There are well designed areas like stormveil contrasted with awful poo poo like rennis quest

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Whatever though, stealing is cool so go for it if you are poor and/or cheap

Eh, given the situation of gaming at the moment we know with complete confidence that one day they'll pull the plug on online distro, support, etc. And it doesn't really matter (from a purely preservation perspective) if you take steps to preserve something today or in 15 years when they announce the end of support.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Infinitum posted:

So I've never done selling cards before, it's just putting them up on the market and I just gotta wait for them to be bought?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
People spend money on them for some reason

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I ran the batch sell and now I have 100 less cards in my inventory but no money

Does it take a bit?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

also how the gently caress do you make the original star wars battlefront games sixty gigs

they're less than a tenth that combined

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Waffleman_ posted:

So I've never done selling cards before, it's just putting them up on the market and I just gotta wait for them to be bought?

correct, people need to buy them

there's also a lag time before the money is added to your account, you can see any pending money usually in parenthesis

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1768269541992243333?t=fs8j82H6Q2QzoxjAi7ijhA&s=19

More celebrity trailers

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

holy poo poo I thought he was dead

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

That said the fact a newsite is talking about them is ironic given the above post showing they apparently lost already :v:

Of course they can probably decide to go after them anyway but I guess it's not as clear anymore without money involved:

lawyer from the article posted:

DM: But that's not the end of the equation. You don't send a takedown right away. You wait to see if they get funded (for a Kickstarter or similar); if they get funded then that's when you engage. No one likes suing fans.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yeah, you usually get pickles already pickled. Nintendo refuses to sell pickles so it's up to these heroes to brine it for us.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

lol I love this trend

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The switch 2 will be introduced by Jeff Tweedy and the rest of Wilco

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lordfrikk posted:

Yep. That is how it always is. Almost every time a high profile fan project gets shut down it is because they started making money off it or making it about money. The exception is if it's doing something that directly conflicts or competes with the IP holder's projects in some fashion. (Like how the FF Type-0 translation got nailed right after the announced FF Type-0 HD, and apparently S-E actually reached out to them beforehand about it and one of the people on the staff had a huge freakout and released the unfinished patch out of spite.)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We just need to start suing back.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

We just need to start suing back.

Hey, if you've got the money, time, and army of talented lawyers as well as the ability to manipulate law in your favor via bribes and favors, go for it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
IP law is not designed to protect individuals from corporations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
John Noble to narrate a 9 minute video on the lore of Stellar Blade.