Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

raverrn posted:

What's the damage rating on the plasma punisher?

Edit: 100. Lol.

It's like a short range grenade launcher, very odd. I like it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The sickle is odd, it has a half second spin up time to start shooting. Cuts through lil guys very quicky. It has such little recoil, rof is like a mini-stalwart on low rpm with a slight fire delay, reloads quickly if you do overheat, 6 reloads at max capacity, has the patriot's scope. I like it.

Stun grenades are great, need to learn the timing for cooking them.

I didn't use the plasma punisher for long but it felt very bad against little bots, could bully elite devastators through their shield though.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ooh I forgot about new helldivers content. Good thing because I would have been irresponsible and called out of work.

Need my new liberty content.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

OGS-Remix posted:

They really should give a laser designator to the spear backpack. That would be much more consistent then trying to lock on yourself and encourage team play.

In BF4 using the SOFLAM and just annihilating enemy vehicles from just out of their spawn was hilarious.

On the topic of a laser designator, have had an idea for one as a secondary weapon;

The Beacon of Liberty: by default works like the new laser pistol, has slightly higher damage but overheats faster too, what makes it special is if you input a a Stratagem while having it as the active weapon instead of pulling out a Stratagem ball the Beacon switches into target designator mode where the laser now will target the Stratagem where it points to, whenever used this way once the Stratagem goes off the current heat sink will overheat and have to be reloaded

So yeah a very powerful tool but due to how limited reserve clips are for Secondary weapons I think it would be reasonably balanced

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

drrockso20 posted:

On the topic of a laser designator, have had an idea for one as a secondary weapon;

The Beacon of Liberty: by default works like the new laser pistol, has slightly higher damage but overheats faster too, what makes it special is if you input a a Stratagem while having it as the active weapon instead of pulling out a Stratagem ball the Beacon switches into target designator mode where the laser now will target the Stratagem where it points to, whenever used this way once the Stratagem goes off the current heat sink will overheat and have to be reloaded

So yeah a very powerful tool but due to how limited reserve clips are for Secondary weapons I think it would be reasonably balanced

the armor that lets you throw 50% further is op

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Logged in to check out the new warbond, I really want to know how well this thing works.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

The Sickle feels REALLY strong. It basically seems like a better Liberator but with less initial precision. Cuts through light armored bugs like butter, has a 100m scope and no recoil

The stun grenade stuns Chargers out of a charge :thumbsup:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ravendas posted:

Logged in to check out the new warbond, I really want to know how well this thing works.

Interesting, given that just yesterday we were talking of how the patrol spawn works. That seems to directly affect that system.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

johnny park posted:

The Sickle feels REALLY strong. It basically seems like a better Liberator but with less initial precision. Cuts through light armored bugs like butter, has a 100m scope and no recoil

The stun grenade stuns Chargers out of a charge :thumbsup:
Genuinely surprised how cheap Sickle is. I imagined it would be on page 3 of the new Warbond given how awesome it was in HD1.

Glad to hear it's not pre-nerfed in this game, but at the same time 20 medals on page 1 means everyone is going to have it... so maybe enjoy it while it lasts?

Also for anyone who pre-ordered or bought the Deluxe Edition - you still have to pay 1000 credits for the new Warbond. There's no "season pass" benefit from either thing.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

The warbond armor is a little weird.

Page 1: Medium armor, 100/500/100, Arc Resistance
Page 2: Medium armor, 100/500/100, Arc Resistance
Page 3: Light armor, 50/???/???, Arc Resistance (standard light armor stuff, I forget the stats.

I feel like page 2's should be heavy? Why would we get two versions of medium armor and no heavy? Wonder if they are going to put heavy arc resistance armor in the random super credit armor sales?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ravendas posted:

Page 3: Light armor, 50/???/???, Arc Resistance (standard light armor stuff, I forget the stats.

I feel like page 2's should be heavy? Why would we get two versions of medium armor and no heavy? Wonder if they are going to put heavy arc resistance armor in the random super credit armor sales?

What makes it even worse is they look practically the same too. Different colour scheme and different shoulder armour but besides that it's just the exact same armour in both appearance and effect.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Bland posted:

What makes it even worse is they look practically the same too. Different colour scheme and different shoulder armour but besides that it's just the exact same armour in both appearance and effect.

The real new content they are doing is free, if you think about it. Like the mech, the new mission type, or the new winged enemies. The battlepasses are 80% filler, the existence of it is basically so people still have an endless progression treadmill.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
I'd like to try the new stun grenades (which can apparently also stun bile titans???) but I can't in good conscious give up my beautiful impact grenades. For whatever reason, I just cannot get my GL nades into the dang bug holes or vent flaps for robo factories.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ravendas posted:

Does anything except player weapons even do arc damage?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Tesla Tower.

Seems like a really niche armour modification. It doesn't even reduce the damage to the point where it feels like could be a strategy, I mean it reduces it by 95% but if its instakill++ damage then you might still be taking big chunks of health off. Pretty sure I saw a video recently showcasing it where the guy was still dead from a Tesla tower in about 5 hits.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Nuebot posted:

Currently no. I'd suggest maybe the new Protoss-y faction might, but a 95% reduction in damage screams "This is specifically to prevent one type of player-only damage".

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ravendas posted:

I don't care about any of this.

What I care about is that the existence of Arc Resistance implies the potential for Flame Resistance.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Durzel posted:

Tesla Tower.

Seems like a really niche armour modification. It doesn't even reduce the damage to the point where it feels like could be a strategy, I mean it reduces it by 95% but if its instakill++ damage then you might still be taking big chunks of health off. Pretty sure I saw a video recently showcasing it where the guy was still dead from a Tesla tower in about 5 hits.
5 hits is way better than 1 hit.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Sometimes the maps have random lightning strikes, might let you survive that too!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Durzel posted:

Tesla Tower.

It feels like something made for squads wanting to do Tesla Trooper meme compositions with multiple Tesla Towers and everyone running an Arc weapon of some kind. Which feels like it could be super fun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Durzel posted:

Tesla Tower.

Tesla Tower a player weapon :colbert:

Even if it's a lame ability this stuff looks cool, so maybe I'll use it once I get 250 more SC.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

LazyMaybe posted:

5 hits is way better than 1 hit.
True, or 2 with shield.

My point really is that I suspect it's not going to be a viable strategy for everyone to park themselves on the inside of a perimeter of them and laugh maniacally while everything that gets close gets toasted. You'd still have to actively avoid them not to lose a decent chunk of health.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I still have to try the Tesla Tower!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Turin Turambar posted:

when i tried it i couldn’t figure out any kind of range indicator and the range was, uh, surprisingly large

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Turin Turambar posted:

It is very strong, just be sure to deploy it far far away from anything you do not want to hit. The outer ring of paths around a silo or extraction point is usually a good place.

slightly related: I slept on the Arc Thrower for way too long, this thing is seriously powerful...right up until it gets confused and starts arcing into a pile of dead Scavengers instead of the Brood Commander standing right behind them

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Dren posted:

when i tried it i couldn’t figure out any kind of range indicator and the range was, uh, surprisingly large

There isn't a range indicator, aside from dying instantly. Just give it a wide berth. Pretend it's a minefield, because it's basically a similar form of area denial.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
yeah the tesla tower should be viewed as an electric minefield, i.e. you chuck it a direction you don't want anythitg coming from and then you yourself avoid'

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

Nuebot posted:

Not yet. In the first game the Illuminate walkers had lightning guns. There were lots and lots of them.

I think that’s where super earth got their Tesla gun tech from.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Anyone else on PS5 unable to actually use the Options menu? I can get to it, but I don't get any selection highlights. No? just me? Okay. :smith:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Real Freedom Lovers pick armor that looks cool :colbert:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Welp I whaled and bought the collector's edition for the dumb skins and the premium battlepass so I could get enough super creds to get the new pass. I'm a loving sucker patriot

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Ravendas posted:

That's how the Veteran warbond's armor sets were as well, but with heavy armor on the last page instead of light. And yeah the armor trait of that warbond popped up on light armor in the supercredit store, so I assume it's going to be the same here.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

CodfishCartographer posted:

Real Freedom Lovers pick armor that looks cool :colbert:

You must wear matching armor helmet cape, this is true democracy

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

The electric shotgun is rear end

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I hope none of the cool guns in the new warbond are as disappointing as the dominator

The sickle is legitimately great - 550rpm with 9 seconds of uptime before reloading works kinda like a baby stalwart.

The plasma shotgun is really a grenade launcher that is like a scorcher with a bigger aoe but is an order of magnitude more difficult to aim... so fun but not good.

haven't used the arc shotgun yet, but it seems not good.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

GruntyThrst posted:

Can you elaborate? Curious as to why

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

GruntyThrst posted:

wtf!!!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Infidelicious posted:

The sickle is legitimately great - 550rpm with 9 seconds of uptime before reloading works kinda like a baby stalwart.

The plasma shotgun is really a grenade launcher that is like a scorcher with a bigger aoe but is an order of magnitude more difficult to aim... so fun but not good.

haven't used the arc shotgun yet, but it seems not good.

I look forward to trying the sickle at least, shame about the shotguns

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I still have to unlock a second battle pass, should I get the second one included at the start (the one with the Breaker incendiary), or the new one? I spent 400 super credits stupidly when I was new to the game and didn't know how things worked, so right now I only have 1000 credits, I have to choose between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Turin Turambar posted:

I still have to unlock a second battle pass, should I get the second one included at the start (the one with the Breaker incendiary), or the new one? I spent 400 super credits stupidly when I was new to the game and didn't know how things worked, so right now I only have 1000 credits, I have to choose between the two.

new one first since there seems to be a good gun in there. breaker incendiary is not better than the normal breaker