Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cr0y posted:

I don't think he understands why this is funny

I hope they keep nominating him until the end of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

ftfy

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

This is so unconvincing.

He would never read a book.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Katie Britt: "The mean old Dems made fun of me and said I was lying! Please send me money."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/gops-katie-britt-looks-capitalize-post-sotu-fiasco-rcna143195

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I love how the MSNBC story describes exactly how right wing grifting works without explicitly calling it that. Sometimes it’s funnier to use euphemism in laying out every detail—someone fucks up massively, gets blowback from it, and then doubles down to the rubes in order to extract their cash.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Waltzing Along posted:

West Palm Beach seems like the perfect spot for a localized tsunami.

Palm beach island needs to disappear. That's where all the rich people are. West palm has pockets of faux-rich, but at least at my current job, only like 1 person is pro trump. Even the conservatives I work with are against the orange one.

Nary a sign for Trump around either, come to think of it.

Granted I haven't been out to Loxahatchee since I've been back, that's a more rural part of WPB.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Now that PMURT has control of the RNC, I can't wait to see all the MAGA loyalists down-ballot lose their seats because their orange god-king stole all the campaign money.

:lol:

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Trickle up kleptocracy

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

The Hambulance posted:

Now that PMURT has control of the RNC, I can't wait to see all the MAGA loyalists down-ballot lose their seats because their orange god-king stole all the campaign money.

:lol:

Double :lol: because a lot of downballot chud layups will be heavily contested after their Handmaiden's tale poo poo

Triple :lol: because after trying to murder congress on J6, the abortion/IVF stuff, and shitgibbon reps like MTG, the Dems have zero reason to work with whatever's left of the GOP

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

The Locator posted:

I am assured by the MAGA dude that I argue with on another website all the time, that they simply got rid of all the people not doing their job, or were RINO's and this was a great move for the RNC!

It’s hilarious the magas still fail to grasp this concept. We’re talking about a guy, and by extension his family, who thinks he knows everything, so any advice, critique, etc from an “expert” that goes against what he wants to do is a traitor and needs to be expelled immediately. Plus it’s way easier to steal when all the people that know how it’s supposed to work are gone.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Vampire Panties posted:

It does make it a lot easier to embezzle money, so who can say if its right or wrong?
The RNC was already borderline broke before Nepo Queen took over, I don't think she and her 284 youtube subscribers are gonna refill those coffers fast enough to be worth embezzling.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

kw0134 posted:

The RNC was already borderline broke before Nepo Queen took over, I don't think she and her 284 youtube subscribers are gonna refill those coffers fast enough to be worth embezzling.

It’s mostly so trump can get a bond by putting “RNC (THE BRAND): $27 billion” on his financial statement. I know this isn’t how it works, but does he?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

CPA Hell posted:

It’s hilarious the magas still fail to grasp this concept. We’re talking about a guy, and by extension his family, who thinks he knows everything, so any advice, critique, etc from an “expert” that goes against what he wants to do is a traitor and needs to be expelled immediately. Plus it’s way easier to steal when all the people that know how it’s supposed to work are gone.

"You! Accounts guy or whatever. Stop what you're doing and do this [stupid and/or very illegal thing]."
"Um well that's a fantastic idea sir, you clearly understand the system very well, but we actually are not able to do that becau-"
"You're fired! Get out. Who wants this idiot's job and will do as I say?"

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
They’re just going to use it to launder illegal campaign contributions 100%

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

kw0134 posted:

I hope she starts selling off RNC assets. Buildings properties, etc.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Meatball posted:

I hope she starts selling off RNC assets. Buildings properties, etc.
That's the thing, these political organizations don't really have capital, they have people. It's akin to an advertising agency, except your client is the candidates and your product is campaigning and those are based entirely on relationships people build and experience they have. When you fire half your staff, you're throwing away the reason you have a national committee in the first place.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Room full of people who joined up thinking they would get rich quick by grifting the people below them

Then it turns out they have to pay fees to the people on the level above them

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kw0134 posted:

That's the thing, these political organizations don't really have capital, they have people. It's akin to an advertising agency, except your client is the candidates and your product is campaigning and those are based entirely on relationships people build and experience they have. When you fire half your staff, you're throwing away the reason you have a national committee in the first place.

They don't want one. They want a family dynasty and destroying the RNC is a pretty good way to make sure you have complete control over the GOP for the foreseeable future.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Stoatbringer posted:

This is so unconvincing.

He would never read a book.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Frank Frank posted:

They don't want one. They want a family dynasty and destroying the RNC is a pretty good way to make sure you have complete control over the GOP for the foreseeable future.
The Idiot King is already doddering and putting in place his even less competent spawn is a project we should all encourage then! It's like playing a game of EU4 and seeing your rival nation get a string of 1-1-1 rulers and you're rubbing your hands in glee. I want them to put up Stank and/or Choad for president and then fight bitterly to get them on the ballot. I want the RNC insist they play Lara Trump's cover of [popular song] at every rally no matter how much the Autotuner is emitting sparks from the overuse. I demand Barron get installed as committee chair of youth outreach and all he does is stand around looking bewildered. Please fight over the 2020 election being stolen in 2032. Please please please be the Trump clan at large for the next decade, that is definitely going to be a winning strategy.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Lol wow no thank you

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Who or what puts their measurements and IQ in their username

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Data Graham posted:

because the right is deeply deeply insecure.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This is deeply weird

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Data Graham posted:

Someone who wants to see Beetlejuice the musical

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

LMAO, the Right continues the delusion that they are capable of actually reading the room.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Frank Frank posted:

This is deeply weird

I’m kind of torn on defining it as weird because the GOP always sexualizes some of the worst people alive in the US, so while its weird to outsiders, it’s just normal GOP poo poo to me. It’s both weird and simultaneously dull and common.

I’m sorry for the stoner logic here, I’m just trying to say that this makes perfect sense in a nonsensical way.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

unlike Taylor, Lauren was removed by security when she started to sing

nerox
May 20, 2001

Truly a 187 IQ tweet.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

187 on a motherfuckin iq.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

you would think that someone with that much capacity for learning actually would.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

The right is starting to get better at comedy and it's making lefties nervous

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Apparently Big Orange Boi is going to be in court today, trying to get Cannon to dismiss the documents case?
https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/trump-expected-to-attend-classified-docs-case-hearing-on-thursday-206501445669

"BIDEN CHINATOWN SOCKS! MUST DISMISS!"

Would you hide classified docs?

Would you hide them in a box?
Would you hide them with your socks?

Not in a box.
Not with my socks.

I would not hide them here or there.
I would not hide them anywhere.

I did not hide them Sam-I-Am,
Because I own them, Sam-I-Am.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

some conservative rag posted:

Steven Mnuchin Says He Is Putting Together a Group to Buy TikTok

Steven Mnuchin is putting together a consortium to try to buy TikTok, the Former Treasury Secretary said.

“I think the legislation should pass and I think it should be sold,” Mnuchin said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” Thursday. “It’s a great business and I’m going to put together a group to buy TikTok.”

https://www.wsj.com/tech/steven-mnuchin-says-he-is-putting-together-a-group-to-buy-tiktok-3aac4a33?mod=hp_lead_pos1

lmao

lol even

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This is Trump draining the water out of the prison swamp.

Is prison swamp what they call his rear end?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Failure Grift

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Gonna loving own when some right wing morons buy a social media app and its use amongst the youth who use it tanks spectacularly.

It really is telling that these republicans think they can brainwash the kids who already smelled their bullshit from a mile off. The kids aren’t as dumb as the average GOP voter, hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Is that the woman who gives handjobs in Beetlejuice theaters?

Is that the woman whose son is a one-man-crime-spree?

Is that the woman whose husband shows his dick to minors?