Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they called the chatroom app that would inevitably lead to insane amounts of drama Discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They're the reason the SA ff14 discord had to implement a rule to never even remotely talk about underage characters in sexual situations lol.

I would not make that an explicit rule because I would just ban anyone who did it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

autistic queer bnuy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They're the reason the SA ff14 discord had to implement a rule to never even remotely talk about underage characters in sexual situations lol.

:stare:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

autistic queer bnuy
i know of them as being one of the weird goons that took world of warcraft lore deathly serious and treated fictional warcrimes as serious as real ones

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Al! posted:

they called the chatroom app that would inevitably lead to insane amounts of drama Discord

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I simply use discord to send wormskull pictures of King Cobra once every three weeks

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh yeah?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

kotaku writers have sucb strong banned goon vibes

Hilarious FF7 Mod Transforms Aerith, Tifa, And Yuffie Into Muscle Mommies

hehe, what a crazy mod, according to my calculations-

quote:

I have a habit of hiding behind a gaming handheld when I'm really nervous with someone new. It wasn't long into that first meeting when I dug into my purse. I pulled out my Nintendo DS, and just kind of fell into it for a couple of minutes before

wtf...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

autistic queer bnuy
its a very funny mod, dude

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The best part is that in addition to the incredible character models, FudgeX02 has given them each fitting and hilarious names. We’re talking “Aerith Gainsbro,” “Beefa” Lockhart, and “Buffie” Kisaragi. They’re so good, I’m dying, and it makes me wonder if Mako is actually just a green protein shake.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

An Actual Princess posted:

they’re one of the most aggressively stupid people on this website

they got extremely angry over the supposed ending of Cyberpunk calling it an affront to all trans people and when told that the details were mostly made up responded with "yeah but the game is transphobic anyways so its easy to believe"

edit: correction, someone else went nutso over the alleged content of cyberpunk insisting it was horrible anti-trans stuff

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Yeah but doesn't the story get incredibly hosed up should you play a trans woman?

Possible cyberpunk spoilers (as I never played it, gently caress that company): Johnny silverhand takes over your body, which is unbelievably gross in the context of playing a trans woman.

It's still funny that the fuckin saints row series has some of the better character creation.

cythereal I remember from hating on games based on the possible romance options for the PC, usually if there are no lesbian specific options.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Mar 14, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

autistic queer bnuy

pentyne posted:

they got extremely angry over the supposed ending of Cyberpunk calling it an affront to all trans people and when told that the details were mostly made up responded with "yeah but the game is transphobic anyways so its easy to believe"

lol powerful

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
As I said, they are a gentle soul.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

An Actual Princess posted:

they’re one of the most aggressively stupid people on this website

harsh, but fair, and also not actually harsh

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I feel like this shouldn't happen... ever?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

autistic queer bnuy
kill the silverhand in your head

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Paladinus posted:

As I said, they are a gentle soul.

It's time to stfu about your dumbass friend

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

autistic queer bnuy
its not even the first time a goon has had a weird meltdown about the the underaged characters in final fantasy 14 what is going on in there

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ban them imo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cranappleberry posted:

I feel like this shouldn't happen... ever?

Yeah you'd think so. I never was in it since I figured it'd be bad but I know multiple goons who are and talked about that event.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its not even the first time a goon has had a weird meltdown about the the underaged characters in final fantasy 14 what is going on in there

Guess there are just a lot of people on this site we have to accept for their mediocre photography, even if their views are a little "out there."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's time to stfu about your dumbass friend

We're not friends. All I know is they are a gentle soul. Very gentle, in fact. Some might even say too gentle.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Dandywalken posted:

The best part is that in addition to the incredible character models, FudgeX02 has given them each fitting and hilarious names. We’re talking “Aerith Gainsbro,” “Beefa” Lockhart, and “Buffie” Kisaragi. They’re so good, I’m dying, and it makes me wonder if Mako is actually just a green protein shake.

it really makes me wonder! all the time! i wonder how fast it makes them muscular, and can barrett be a girl? every final fantasy fan is asking this

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

matthewtheman and his gender swap materia

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

autistic queer bnuy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

matthewtheman and his gender swap materia

it would be very funny if genders were swapped

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm confused..What was transphobic about the ending to Cyberpunk.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I thought the point was that all the transphobic stuff they supposedly heard was in the ending was made up.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm confused..What was transphobic about the ending to Cyberpunk.

yeah so were a lot of other people, it basically comes down to someone ignoring literally all context and taking the information "X happens to Y" as proof of the vile nature of the game

Basically calling the part of the game where Johnny takes over your body to go on a joyride bender as being a direct attack against trans people, ignoring the game treats it as essentially rape and the PC is furious at what happens.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sleng Teng posted:

I thought the point was that all the transphobic stuff they supposedly heard was in the ending was made up.

Yeah but I'm curious what I guess was spread around lol cuz I never heard anything 'controversial' other than the one in game billboard ad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it would be very funny if genders were swapped

It would be thought-provoking.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

pentyne posted:

yeah so were a lot of other people, it basically comes down to someone ignoring literally all context and taking the information "X happens to Y" as proof of the vile nature of the game

Ahh, a cleretic style dumbass

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyways that kotaku article reminds me of another kotaku article (?) that posted about a fetish mod for the spyro HD collection that makes him morbidly obese and acted like it wasn't a sex thing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't even remember how Cyberpunk 2077 ended, and I did all of the quests and everything. I just remember the double jump legs.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sleng Teng posted:

very much so

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kill the silverhand in your head

i keep loving trying but cd proiject red won't let me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I can't even remember how Cyberpunk 2077 ended, and I did all of the quests and everything. I just remember the double jump legs.

I drove off into the desert still looking for the cure to cyber AIDS

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

what if... jackie was really patient zero? madre de dios! time for another plate of mama welles' cyberfamous cybernachoes, with extra dill!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Sleng Teng posted:

they're extremely similar morons

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I drove off into the desert still looking for the cure to cyber AIDS

Good luck. But do you remember the Cyberpunk ending?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what if... jackie was really patient zero? madre de dios! time for another plate of mama welles' cyberfamous cybernachoes, with extra dill!