Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dumb draft rumours Michael Lombardi has put out

-Bo Nix and JJ McCarthy have third down tape that teams consider to be excellent and play / process at a fast level in those situations - the scuttlebutt being that some scouts will put more weight on third down plays than the others when watching film and evaluating
-Bears have Odunze and Nabers above Harrison on their board
-Jayden Daniels would rather not go to NE because of the climate (which lol)

Now you don't have to read twitter or listen to Pat McAfee. You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

JD directly responded to a tweet (since deleted) which was saying that last one
https://twitter.com/JayD__5/status/1765093329241538925

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cash Monet posted:

I really like Daniels but he's probably not a long term solution at quarterback. 6'4" 205 getting hit by NFL pass rushers for 17 games doesn't spell longevity, and that's not even factoring in the open field hits.

Tom Brady was 6’4” 210 at the combine. He had longevity. Daniels needs to stop eating strawberries and start cheating, then he will enjoy a twenty year career.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Nosre posted:

JD directly responded to a tweet (since deleted) which was saying that last one
https://twitter.com/JayD__5/status/1765093329241538925

I'm ignorant on things like this - what does the hat emoji response indicate?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It means cap which means he's saying it's a lie and I've just turned to dust because I am a million years old.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Canned Sunshine posted:

I'm ignorant on things like this - what does the hat emoji response indicate?
I'm an old but I know this one. Cap (the picture) means 'Lies'.

He said that the report indicating he did not want to play for the Patriots was a lie.

e: Goddamnit fellow old Kalli beat me to it.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Is there a bus emoji for when people want to say something is bussin?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Tom Brady was 6’4” 210 at the combine. He had longevity. Daniels needs to stop eating strawberries and start cheating, then he will enjoy a twenty year career.

I'm pretty sure Brady had a wider frame the he could fill out. Maybe I'm off base, I just can't get over how slim Daniels is.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

sometimes on other sites I instinctively think of using an SA smilie like :frog: or :shobon: and remember only a comparative handful of other 40 years olds would know it

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nosre posted:

sometimes on other sites I instinctively think of using an SA smilie like :frog: or :shobon: and remember only a comparative handful of other 40 years olds would know it

My company Slack (several thousand people) has some SA smilies and it's always very interesting when someone uses one. Do they have stairs in their house, do I need to go make sure I didn't put them on blast in a SH/SC IT bitching thread? Or did they just stumble upon it in our zillions of custom smilies and think it was funny? :iiam:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kalli posted:

It means cap which means he's saying it's a lie and I've just turned to dust because I am a million years old.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm an old but I know this one. Cap (the picture) means 'Lies'.

He said that the report indicating he did not want to play for the Patriots was a lie.

e: Goddamnit fellow old Kalli beat me to it.

Ah, thanks! I figured it had to be something like him discrediting it, but wasn't sure and not hip enough.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

Is there a bus emoji for when people want to say something is bussin?

oh, so that's what 'bussy' means.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Never not posting relevant achewoods

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Suddenly Zach Wilson's backstory makes a whole lot more sense.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

it really depends a lot. Leverage can be an issue, but I think more often than not it's just foot speed. It's super rare for big tackles to move well, but it's a bit of tradeoff. Orlando Brown Jr is a middle of the pack tackle at 6' 8", and he's just so big and strong that the leverage you gain from his size is nullified. It's nearly impossible to convert that leverage into functional movement. It is much easier to just go around him because he's slow as poo poo. Mims has great foot speed, and I don't think you really see guys getting underneath him effectively that much in the uhhhh 6 or so games of film. I can think of a few times where you notice guys winning that leverage battle, but he's quickly able to replant and overpower them.

I think it's a concern for Latham this year too, he's very powerful and has amazing grip. You're just not going to go through him. Around him? That might be easier than you'd like at tackle in the NFL.

Couldn't agree more on foot speed. Really in so many positions in football, it is one of the most accurate secondary predictors of success I've found. CB, WR, RB, OL, DL, poo poo I mean pretty much every position. If they can move their feet real quick and flip their hips easily it's such a huge help.

BlindSite posted:

-Bo Nix and JJ McCarthy have third down tape that teams consider to be excellent and play / process at a fast level in those situations - the scuttlebutt being that some scouts will put more weight on third down plays than the others when watching film and evaluating

I honestly kind of like Nabers better than Harrison in a lot of ways. They are very different, and it would depend on what I need for a team, but I can totally see taking Nabers over Harrison in certain situations. Odunze not so much for me

Jayden Daniels seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Climate is just the easy excuse when really no one should want to play for the Patriots.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A smarter draft person than me pointed out that OL tip their hand in college and give away what they're doing simply because most 6'5 300+ guys can't move fast. We're used to it at a NFL level but the majority of NCAA guys will line up far off the line if it's a pull or close to the line if they're against speed rushers. This also works because most NCAA DEs aren't nearly as fast or strong as NFL guys. Kind of makes scouting that easy if you see guys like Joe Alt or Mims line up normally all the time because they're quick enough, or guys like Chop being legitimate because he's just so explosive.

Latham is undoubtedly strong as hell and pretty quick but he isn't traditional on taking corners. He's so strong he just open body blocks with one side of his body because he's not quick enough to get to the corner. That might be disastrous at the next level or kick him inside to LG or something.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Play posted:

I honestly kind of like Nabers better than Harrison in a lot of ways. They are very different, and it would depend on what I need for a team, but I can totally see taking Nabers over Harrison in certain situations. Odunze not so much for me

Isn't Odunze the one that pretty much catches every contested, catchable throw in his area?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

predicto posted:

Isn't Odunze the one that pretty much catches every contested, catchable throw in his area?

Yeah Odunze has that Fitzgerald magic where if it's in the air he's got it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

after the keenan allen trade we can go ahead and ignore any Bears & top WR rumors

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Incorrect.

It means the Bears don't have to take a WR in the first. Or try to trade up to make sure they don't miss on the top 3 Like they pretty much had to.

Keenan Allen is a one year rental unless he gets extended.

If Rome is there you still take him or they can take an Edge or trade back

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah I tend to agree. Unless they really get their dicks out for a two TE set with Bowers.

Even so, Allen is a great target for a rookie looking for easy inside completions, but he's only going to be there for one year garunteed and the cliff is coming. Mooney just hosed off to Atlanta too, so they will still need another outside target. I think Allen has played like 60% of his snaps out of the slot.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

the bears should stay where they are and take a spicy o line man to protect their investment and save cap space.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1768634543534231892

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This has to be a precursor to another trade right? Otherwise, why do a pure picks trade now?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kalli posted:

This has to be a precursor to another trade right? Otherwise, why do a pure picks trade now?

Ammo to trade up for a QB without giving up a pickfirst next year is my assumption yeah

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 15, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Vikings probably putting together an offer the Patriots can't refuse.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1768653330971258995?s=20

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yes please. Anything to help Alt and/or Nabers fall to 7.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

this seems like a terrible value for the Texans - a first and a scratcher for two seconds, one delayed, and a fifth? how does that add up on the chart?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pretty much dead even on the Hill chart, significant benefit to the Texans on both the old Jimmy Johnson and Fitzgerald-Spielberger charts. The FS model is much flatter and goes by actual draft results, which no one uses, because lol at trading 10 7th's for a high 1st.

Hill:
#23 - 245
#232 - 2

#42 - 142
#188 - 6
Future 2nd - between 180-80

JJ:
760 + 1
vs
480 + 16 + (580-270)

FS:
1411 + 212
vs
1106 + 346 + (1228-892)

FYI the 3rd overall is valued at 514 / 2200 / 2243 respectively in the 3 models

Kalli fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 15, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
doesn't the future pick usually get discounted a round? I guess I just overvalue late firsts

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Guess I'm rooting for the Vikings to suck next year.

It'll be nice to watch day 1 with zero vesting interest - just enjoy the draft.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kirios posted:

Guess I'm rooting for the Vikings to suck next year.

It'll be nice to watch day 1 with zero vesting interest - just enjoy the draft.

On the flip side, this is the most invested I've been in the draft in like 5+ years. Because New England might actually do something interesting and cool instead of infuriating and confusing in the first round.

They could still totally do something infuriating and confusing, but it's not a lock!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

indigi posted:

doesn't the future pick usually get discounted a round? I guess I just overvalue late firsts

late firsts have the benefit of the 5th year option so there's that too

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Dexo posted:

Vikings probably putting together an offer the Patriots can't refuse.

And they should take it. That roster sucks.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

indigi posted:

this seems like a terrible value for the Texans - a first and a scratcher for two seconds, one delayed, and a fifth? how does that add up on the chart?

Socks for me as well, as the Texans mock draft GM

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I get what the Vikings are doing but I figured the Texans should be after quality, not quantity

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I get what the Vikings are doing but I figured the Texans should be after quality, not quantity

banking on next year's pick being top 40 maybe? but yeah agreed

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Quality not much different at 23 vs 42 in this draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2nd's are usually pretty quality players, the drop off between the 22nd and guys in the 40's is usually not much