Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Post itt every time you lol love history.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kazil posted:

please stop being mean to Mike Johnson he's having a really rough time

Welcome to the Republican Party :smug:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I just looked up Lara Trump on Wikipedia because I was curious about her background/work history.

Holy poo poo. :stare:

BA in Communication from her home state university (NC), AA at the French Culinary Institute in NY, then out of nowhere a producer at Inside Edition from 2012 to 2016.

The RNC is hosed. :sickos:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Wow you mean being Speaker of the House is harder than being a junior backbencher?

I'm so surprised.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Silly Burrito posted:

eventually we'll have an all dog NBA AND DO YOU WANT THAT

I'd support the National Bark-sketball Arf-sociation

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

classic freedom of speech loving fascist loser.

No, NO, you don't understand. He's a free speech purist. A purist.

To keep speech pure, it must be filtered for contaminants at all times.

It's not his fault that he was absolutely forthcoming and you didn't understand.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well drat, if I’d have known years ago that someday I could have some chimerical children like it’s the Island of Dr. Moreau I’d have been a dad in a heartbeat.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scags McDouglas posted:

No, NO, you don't understand. He's a free speech purist. A purist.

To keep speech pure, it must be filtered for contaminants at all times.

It's not his fault that he was absolutely forthcoming and you didn't understand.

yeah I get that's what he's doing, but when he says it the words don't come out so good and he says "freedom of speech" which is clearly not what he's into.

maybe elon needs to go to school or something cause he's kind of stupid as poo poo.

LOL, this isn't the elon thread, oops.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kazil posted:

I'd support the National Bark-sketball Arf-sociation

now that's a dad approved pun :dadjoke:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Silly Burrito posted:

Do you not like the puppy bowl? We already have all dog sports we need more!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Wow you mean being Speaker of the House is harder than being a junior backbencher?

I'm so surprised.

“When I agreed to be the caretaker of violent poo poo-throwing chimpanzees at the zoo I had no idea I’d be taking care of violent chimpanzees that throw their poo poo! Unfair!”

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Philthy posted:

Man conservatives are really going down the abortion rabbit hole. We're not far off from scalpels being banned because they could be used in assisting an abortion.

not a lawyer, but some states already regulate chem glassware and other scientific/laboratory tools in some weird ways. knives and sling shots too. lockpicking tools too.

regressives regulate a ton of mostly harmless things more than guns.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Speedboat Jones posted:

Well drat, if I’d have known years ago that someday I could have some chimerical children like it’s the Island of Dr. Moreau I’d have been a dad in a heartbeat.

They can only make lion/goat/snake children, though so it's not as cool as it sounds.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

not a lawyer, but some states already regulate chem glassware and other scientific/laboratory tools in some weird ways. knives and sling shots too. lockpicking tools too.

regressives regulate a ton of mostly harmless things more than guns.

I had to sign off on an official statement on Monday reporting that my boss poured out 2.5 liters of an extremely common chemical used to make more complex chemicals because if used with the right (much more expensive, much more regulated) chemicals, it can result in crystal meth

It’s like making sure car keys are illegal and regulated so nobody drinks and drives, when there are several steps in between that are probably more important

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

My parents hosed up by not making me part wolf part cat and part dragon.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

Random Stranger posted:

They can only make lion/goat/snake children, though so it's not as cool as it sounds.

No, it's even cooler.

Silly Burrito posted:

A remake of Air Bud, except it's all dogs and one human.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

please stop being mean to Mike Johnson he's having a really rough time

internecine a new word to me, but it sounds bad(so good for anti team R) stuff?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I just looked up Lara Trump on Wikipedia because I was curious about her background/work history.

BA in Communication from her home state university (NC), AA at the French Culinary Institute in NY, then out of nowhere a producer at Inside Edition from 2012 to 2016.

No one fails up like a trump!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

:lol:

Ah yes the Amish will do it! :shepface:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

internecine a new word to me, but it sounds bad(so good for anti team R) stuff?

It means destructive to both sides

So lmao absolutely

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

The amish make up less than .1% of the population and pretty much only live in a few states so lol.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

They could have just left number cruncher toadies on place

Instead they put the incompetent griftlord in there who has no idea what fundraising/ organizing is, and she proudly announced "WE WILL EMBEZZLE ALL MONEY YOU GIVE US" and now is going hat in hand to donors

Lmao at how incompetent all of the Trumps are

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 14, 2024

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"make america great again" on a horse and buggy.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

TulliusCicero posted:

Ah yes the Amish will do it! :shepface:

Once they get that Mennonite vote, it's all over.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grey Cat posted:

The amish make up less than .1% of the population and pretty much only live in a few states so lol.

I mean, if a small, insular community could swing 10k or 20k votes, that would be a worrying thing in a swing state like Pennsylvania

That being said, I have my doubts that Scotty Presler has been burning up the gravel roads, shaking hands with every single Amish person and convincing them to vote Trump

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Random Stranger posted:

But then you have to go by what your parents thought was cool. Everyone thinks they'll be Spider-Man or Teen Wolf, but what if their parents are really into duck billed platypuses? Can the economy handle a surplus of human/platypus detectives?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grey Cat posted:

Oh my loving god you're right. Idk how I never put this together.
Next they're going to combine a shitposter and a cat.

*hand to ear* I'm getting something from my producer...

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

rotinaj posted:

I mean, if a small, insular community could swing 10k or 20k votes, that would be a worrying thing in a swing state like Pennsylvania

That being said, I have my doubts that Scotty Presler has been burning up the gravel roads, shaking hands with every single Amish person and convincing them to vote Trump

Pennsylvania has the largest amish population, google tells me roughly 90k.

CannonFodder posted:

*hand to ear* I'm getting something from my producer...

Disgusting, where will the leftists stop!?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Grey Cat posted:

oh yeah Scott regging them to vote is gonna show you!!!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The famously left-leaning amish have been flipped!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's 90 thousand Amish in Pennsylvania, however they don't vote. Like something like 3000 Amish voted in Penn. In 2020.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grey Cat posted:

Pennsylvania has the largest amish population, google tells me roughly 90k.

Disgusting, where will the leftists stop!?

Yes, that’s why I was being extremely generous to Scott presler and saying he might in a perfect world swing 10 or 20k people

Because even in jest, Scott presler is not converting 90,000 people to anything

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You stupid DUMBOCRATS don’t get it! THE AMISH is the sleeping giant. Most powerful voting bloc in HISTORY.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

i think that's just a regular cat

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Lol no way that's real. Also get a bunch of Amish buggies clogging up those rural roads and you'll have some very angry rednecks do some dangerous things to go around them.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

HAHHAHAH

You know what they say: as goes the Pennsylvania Dutch, so goes the country.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Hollismason posted:

There's 90 thousand Amish in Pennsylvania, however they don't vote. Like something like 3000 Amish voted in Penn. In 2020.

I'll shut up about this group someday but........

The religion I grew up in actually discouraged voting. I was basically taught that voting for one of those sinful, flawed humans basically means you stand behind whatever they do so your vote for a person who then starts an international conflict that results in one or more deaths means you yourself are now responsible for those deaths and your soul is forever tainted. So don't vote.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Propaganda Hour posted:

HAHHAHAH

You know what they say: as goes the Pennsylvania Dutch, so goes the country.

I'm so glad trump killed so many of those dumb adages. They used to say that about Ohio and now that's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
when trump actually wins in November and probably does carry PA, Scott Pressler is going to be very insufferable