Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Id somehow forgotten how slow that scooter chase was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeGnXqTCwd4

It's hard to pick which is worse, Flea and his band of Halloween mask aliens running into tree branches, or the Mod Squad having a 20km/h chase with excessive screen shake to make you think it's super fast.

Worse than I remembered. Twice as long as it needs to be because they only ideas they seem to have are the usual "car swerves into objects" and "pedestrians run for cover" so they just repeat them over and over.

Weirdly, I think the slow speed might be caused by them doing this with practical effects? Like they couldn't get the cars and scooters up to any kind of speed?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
star wars was so long long ago they hadn't invented the wheel yet so all cars needed to levitate

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I've seen Andor and The Bad Batch because people said both are good and they turned out good.

I'll keep my eye on Rogue Squadron and if people say it's worth watching because I wanna see my Star Wars Top Gun.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeGnXqTCwd4

It's hard to pick which is worse, Flea and his band of Halloween mask aliens running into tree branches, or the Mod Squad having a 20km/h chase with excessive screen shake to make you think it's super fast.

Lol one of the kids from Yellowjackets in a rascal scooter race. What the hell is this, the speeder race level on N64 Shadows of War looked better than this and wasn't nearly as slow. The screen shake does nothing, they should've sped the footage up 2x! Everything looks like it's moving through molasses in this clip, very jarring.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

You know, I'm starting to think most star wars tv and moves aren't very good

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Trailer for the 2024 Crow just dropped...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djSKp_pwmOA

It's interesting, but I don't see any looks in this that are anywhere near as iconic as the original.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LanceHunter posted:

It's interesting, but I don't see any looks in this that are anywhere near as iconic as the original.

Congress needs to forget about TikTok and make CGI squibs illegal.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Going so slow that when he broadsides that rickshaw the guys stay firmly in their seats and seemingly don't even strain their necks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

Is Bill Skarsgard just typecast as "guy who wears facepaint" now

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LanceHunter posted:

They've changed the goth aesthetic to the mumblecore soundcloud rapper aesthetic, and I will never forgive them for it.

GroundRunning
Mar 13, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 14, 2024

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Paladinus posted:

They've changed the goth aesthetic to the mumblecore soundcloud rapper aesthetic, and I will never forgive them for it.

FKA Twigs

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I know who that is, I'm not old. He's a rapper singer.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

if he truly was a "scars guard" he wouldnt be doing a freaking joker right now

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Lmao that camera shake is as egregious as the obi wan scene of younglings getting killed, did they have the same guy dropping in unaltered fusion nodes or something

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

LanceHunter posted:

lmao just atrocious

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

Hell yeah! Movies are back baby!

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Watched Killers of the Flower Moon

Stuck between telling an Important Message and also sucking total rear end.

The movie has exactly two scenes: Villainy and tragedy. It alternates between these across countless schemes for seemingly forever. None of the characters follow an arc or do anything you don't expect. Everyone is monumentally stupid. The native american characters had no personality at all. Human bags of tragedy to be popped by the villains.

Realized just now I could basically also be describing Goodfellas, but those characters were fun! They had human qualities that resonated and made me think in a different world maybe I couldve been a hedonistic gangster too. KotFM characters were just boring disgusting racists.

Too long! (the movie and this post)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sure okay posted:

Watched Killers of the Flower Moon

Stuck between telling an Important Message and also sucking total rear end.

The movie has exactly two scenes: Villainy and tragedy. It alternates between these across countless schemes for seemingly forever. None of the characters follow an arc or do anything you don't expect. Everyone is monumentally stupid. The native american characters had no personality at all. Human bags of tragedy to be popped by the villains.

Realized just now I could basically also be describing Goodfellas, but those characters were fun! They had human qualities that resonated and made me think in a different world maybe I couldve been a hedonistic gangster too. KotFM characters were just boring disgusting racists.

Too long! (the movie and this post)

I watched the first half, and I can't recall a single scene. It all just kinda melds together as the same scene of white people doing horrible poo poo over and over and over and apparently that goes on for the 2 hours I didn't watch.

Also

https://twitter.com/willforthrill/status/1767011403762704616

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Lmao that camera shake is as egregious as the obi wan scene of younglings getting killed, did they have the same guy dropping in unaltered fusion nodes or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mEfV5v2MH0

It is genuinely funny how the scene immediately switches from a smooth pan into a frantic shaky cam the moment the shots start flying. In a show full of terrible decisions like Kenobi I think it has to take the cake for having possibly the worst cinematography and camera work in the entire franchise.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Counter point, Star Wars had always been trash

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Killers of the Flower Moon is a great movie. Sorry if you're bad at watching movies.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the biggest laugh i got out of Kenobi was when he was on fire writhing on the ground and for 3-4 seconds i genuinely believed this was how they were going to explain ewan mcgregor aging into alec guinness

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It took me a second to realize that there’s no hierarchy of knowledge or any actual mystery to solve in KotFM. You are presented with who is evil (everyone but the native Americans and Kierstin Dunst’s husband) and who are the victims up front.

It’s like a 3 1/2 hour episode of Columbo. Well made though. Can’t fault the production.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jesse Plemmons repeatedly calling Leo “Son” threw me for a loop, but otherwise I liked it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i came up with an idea. i googled the idea nad someone already did it. enjoly

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’m so upset that killers of the flower moon got a physical release but just in Italy and the motherfuckers region locked the UHD disc. The absolute slimy scumbag assholes took a region free format and figured out how to region lock it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Endless Trash posted:

It took me a second to realize that there’s no hierarchy of knowledge or any actual mystery to solve in KotFM. You are presented with who is evil (everyone but the native Americans and Kierstin Dunst’s husband) and who are the victims up front.

It’s like a 3 1/2 hour episode of Columbo. Well made though. Can’t fault the production.

Why did you expect it to be a whodunnit, lol?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed KOTFM for the most part, but it really bothered me that Leo makes the same stupid loving face for three and a half hours. This is literally the top row of my first Google search:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Why did you expect it to be a whodunnit, lol?

Not sure but I suspect it was this part of the trailer that everyone memed:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

from what i understand they dont even go to the moon, let alone kill it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

That DICK! posted:

from what i understand they dont even go to the moon, let alone kill it

They should have been Killers of the Forest Moon of Endor.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Killers of the Rebel Moon

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fillers of Deflowered Poon (2023, Wicked Pictures, dir. Mason)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

That DICK! posted:

if he truly was a "scars guard" he wouldnt be doing a freaking joker right now

scar's gourd

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mozi posted:

Killers of the Rebel Moon
Speaking of Rebel Moon, I watched that last night because We Hate Movies did a commentary track for it. Holy moly, what absolute dogshit that was!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Endless Trash posted:

Fillers of Deflowered Poon (2023, Wicked Pictures, dir. Mason)

I watched this! Well, 3 minutes of it anyway

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rageaholic posted:

Speaking of Rebel Moon, I watched that last night because We Hate Movies did a commentary track for it. Holy moly, what absolute dogshit that was!

Snyder bragged more people watched it than Barbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

It’s one of the few movies that actually made me angry that I wasted my time watching it.

It has no redeeming qualities.