Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will FFVIIRemake part 3 be called?
This poll is closed.
Return 9 9.38%
Revolutions 7 7.29%
Rescind 1 1.04%
Rental property 23 23.96%
Restoration 3 3.13%
Rebar 14 14.58%
Renegade 3 3.13%
Red XIII's party hour 36 37.50%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sir Ian McKellen narrates the synopsis video of Baldur's Gate 3 before 4 drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

AngryBooch posted:

John Noble to narrate a 9 minute video on the lore of Stellar Blade.

Hell, I'd watch it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shard posted:

Sir Ian McKellen narrates the synopsis video of Baldur's Gate 3 before 4 drops

That made me sad when I realized that he'll probably be dead before any such thing could possibly happen. :smith:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is Ian McShane's gamer score?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

That made me sad when I realized that he'll probably be dead before any such thing could possibly happen. :smith:

poo poo I thought Ian McShane was dead but look

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Alright, how about Leslie Nielsen narrating the intro of Balders Gate 31/2

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Diamond in the rough Deus Ex - Mankind Divided is free on Epic this week.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

External Organs posted:

Alright, how about Leslie Nielsen narrating the intro of Balders Gate 31/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw1O6jpASTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFs5aOmKBUw

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, if you've got the money, time, and army of talented lawyers as well as the ability to manipulate law in your favor via bribes and favors, go for it.

I was taught that I can do all things through Christ. I assume that includes legal action.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan Cranston in his most gravelly voice: So there's this round little fucker called Kirby...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Finally embracer has just sold some studios as opposed to closing them

https://kotaku.com/saber-interactive-embracer-group-star-wars-kotor-remake-1851334969

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shard posted:

Finally embracer has just sold some studios as opposed to closing them

https://kotaku.com/saber-interactive-embracer-group-star-wars-kotor-remake-1851334969

One of the conditions of this sell off is Saber can't sell video games in Russia. It gave me a heart lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

One of the conditions of this sell off is Saber can't sell video games in Russia. It gave me a heart lol

that is so oddly specific. Does Russia have a big market that it's a big loss?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Does Unicorn Overlord allow for any sort of grinding? I do like me some strategy but sometimes I just want to forgo any real deep strategy and steamroll the opposition.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Morpheus posted:

Does Unicorn Overlord allow for any sort of grinding? I do like me some strategy but sometimes I just want to forgo any real deep strategy and steamroll the opposition.

Yeah, each region has a few grinding maps you can repeat as much as you want.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

This is pretty standard, what will happen is that they just get a Russian company to publish their games.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Yeah, plus it's actually harder to stay appropriately leveled for things than it is to get too strong, even on the harder difficulty. People have to self regulate to choose to avoid using their best armies and units too much because it's too easy if they do.

Realistically if you want to make it easier while staying on the expert difficulty (recommended), you won't even need to grind. First, just literally walk around and look around the map without fighting anything. You get a few free good characters and tons of resources to get some great items that any character would want. Then just don't be shy about making cavalry squads and flying armies.

If the goal is to space out and roll maps, then cavalry can rapidly swarm the map while flyers beeline objectives.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shard posted:

that is so oddly specific. Does Russia have a big market that it's a big loss?

Idk it is just funny this was pointed out in the article.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

people who avoid over-leveling are weak

riptidejim
Mar 11, 2024

Have a good night!

Khanstant posted:

The person who drew the comics for the promotion has more interesting art when they are not drawing McDonald's stuff.

i feel like most artists are more interesting when not drawing mcdonald's stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Zokari posted:

people who avoid over-leveling are weak

I will never stop overleveling in Fromsoft games. I will be huge

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

oh no i might make the game too easy if i play it too much

pathetic

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I support people's right to overlevel and sleep with a night light.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I also use wemod to add cheats to games I haven't beaten before and install mods that give me cheats :D

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Weak gamers detected.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Weak gamers detected.

i'm very strong actually, i beat the final boss in one turn

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I frequently overlevel. Not to make fights easier, but I've got brain damage that enjoys grinding.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hard games are fun and relaxing

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Playing with your hands is cheating. Real gamers play with their tongue.

riptidejim
Mar 11, 2024

Have a good night!

ymgve posted:

Playing with your hands is cheating. Real gamers play with their tongue.

i sincerely hope you don't share controllers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mods are cheating but if playing the game naturally makes me too strong, that's on the designers, not me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Reading the bg3 thread and discovering how some gamers approach games is heart-breaking. These players will boast about stealing necklaces from refugees, pickpocketing gold pieces off orphans, murdering frightened peasants they had just convinced to stand down so that they get both the diplomacy xp and the combat xp. Psychopaths

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The strongest gamers are the ones who overlevel but still suck rear end

Yeah you can call me goku jr

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I frequently overlevel. Not to make fights easier, but I've got brain damage that enjoys grinding.

are you like me and would just spend an afternoon walking around the starting area of a final fantasy game just to make sure you were like level 15 before you moved to the next area?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Shard posted:

are you like me and would just spend an afternoon walking around the starting area of a final fantasy game just to make sure you were like level 15 before you moved to the next area?

i am absolutely going to do this (again) in dragon's dogma 1 and probably in dragon's dogma 2 as well

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dragons Dogma is way easier on the hardest difficulty if you start on it because the XP and gold rewards are overwhelming. Spend twenty minutes struggling in the end-game DLC area early on and you end up stronger than the rest of the game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i do hope they took a long hard look at their systems for dradog 2, since a lot of the fun of the original gets undercut by the awful flat damage reduction and the fact that you can just chug an infinite amount of healing from the menu

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jay Rust posted:

Reading the bg3 thread and discovering how some gamers approach games is heart-breaking. These players will boast about stealing necklaces from refugees, pickpocketing gold pieces off orphans, murdering frightened peasants they had just convinced to stand down so that they get both the diplomacy xp and the combat xp. Psychopaths

I think I'd feel bad playing that way even though I acknowledge it's completely morally neutral and I've definitely done worse things in games, lol

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

i do hope they took a long hard look at their systems for dradog 2, since a lot of the fun of the original gets undercut by the awful flat damage reduction and the fact that you can just chug an infinite amount of healing from the menu

i'm okay with this because i don't want to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Undertale was designed specifically to gently caress with these people