Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I said it in the thread but that theme makes me think of Asura's Wrath so when I heard it I popped because I love that crazy game haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's all over the place in pop culture. It's probably, knowing Mercedes, a One Piece shoutout.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

yea ok posted:

nobody mentions any of Wagner's famous fans when danielson comes out, but the second a strong independent woman has a classical music inspired theme and everyone comes out of the woodwork to say how much they love, well, let's just say a certain analogue, gunther. really makes you think doesn't it

mercades madness has stricken the fourms

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the casual fan has no idea who walter is, doesn’t matter

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I know who Walter is, he’s great

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

the guy from breaking bad?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Walter White, huh? But you repeat yourself

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Walter White, huh? But you repeat yourself

lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WAGNER

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who did Walter ever beat

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

sasha banks looked terrible on aew's 30 year old cameras

yah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lol

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

As someone who doesn't know Sasha Banks / Mercedes Mone other than name, can one of you kindly explain the CEO gimmick to me

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fawning deference posted:

As someone who doesn't know Sasha Banks / Mercedes Mone other than name, can one of you kindly explain the CEO gimmick to me

She was The Boss in WWE as Sasha Banks and a CEO is bigger than a boss.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Benne posted:

Who did Walter ever beat

[extremely Teddy Long voice] you got a match with him tonight, playa

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they really should have done a vignette for her first

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It stands for Constantly Eating Oranges. She can't get enough of em.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

Hell,

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

would have helped if they explained that on commentary……..

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I mean look at her. She looks cool. Same goes for Rainmaker Okada

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For a show that AEW was building up so much, that Dynamite was THOROUGHLY mediocre.

Also where in the flying gently caress is the BCC? They haven't been seen since the pape and they loving won.

The hype was all about Mercedes and it seemed to deliver in the building. They were building it up to be Punk returning levels which is obviously was never going to be, but people seemed happy over all.

Aside from that it was a good show in a vacuum like almost all AEW shows. Solid matches, fun time, weak angles, cold vibe. Same as always.

More will be explained at a future scrum when she is melting down bout how she's trying to run a loving company.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 14, 2024

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

1glitch0 posted:

weak angles, cold vibe. Same as always.

you're very silly

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Be careful OC :ohdear:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Excalibur yelling “it’s executive time!” as we cut to an uninterrupted 20 minute pretape of Mercedes just sitting in an office spinning in her chair and fiddling with one of those clacky ball things on a desk

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

you're very silly

postin about posters, erin I never thought I'd see the day

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

The hype was all about Mercedes and it seemed to deliver in the building. They were building it up to be Punk returning levels which is obviously was never going to be, but people seemed happy over all.

Aside from that it was a good show in a vacuum like almost all AEW shows. Solid matches, fun time, weak angles, cold vibe. Same as always.

More will be explained at a future scrum when she is melting down bout how she's trying to run a loving company.

Honey, baby, sweetie, the matches were the worst part of the show this week and it was all promos and angles

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If 8000 people going crazy for Willow and Riho in a main event match is a cold vibe then call me Charles Scaggs

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

1glitch0 posted:

What would you consider to be a current strong angle and hot vibe

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just wish everyone in the hell thread was upset for the right reasons which are all the reasons I think it's bad

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

flashy_mcflash posted:

If 8000 people going crazy for Willow and Riho in a main event match is a cold vibe then call me Charles Scaggs

I was really happy to see the crowd response to that match - I feel like the women too often get stuck in spots where the crowd is dead after a big match/angle, so hearing everyone go nuts for a very good match was quite heartening.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jackie D posted:

What would you consider to be a current strong angle and hot vibe

Roman Reigns calling Seth Rollins a crossdresser obviously.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Willow vs Riho rocked

Darby vs Jay White rocked

Okada doing his okada poo poo rocked.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Kudos to Pepperman for the ingenious idea of “Let’s do a CM Punk!” Can’t say it didn’t work. I just watched Mercedes’s match against Stephanie Vaquer and I am so down to see both of them in AEW.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just wish everyone in the hell thread was upset for the right reasons which are all the reasons I think it's bad

The better the show gets the angrier I get because I hate the Bung Cucks and want their pet project to fail. Looking at twitter clips of them teasing Ospreay/Danielson and pounding my desk like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

The better the show gets the angrier I get because I hate the Bung Cucks and want their pet project to fail. Looking at twitter clips of them teasing Ospreay/Danielson and pounding my desk like Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget

they hated him because he told the truth. And they are right I hate you!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Blasmeister posted:

‘Hey, chant this, specifically’ stuff feels kinda insulting

seems a good idea, it worked out well for swerve

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

They gotta do something about Mone’s confusing and messy theme music. ‘Hey, chant this, specifically’ stuff feels kinda insulting and riffing on New World symphony just makes me think about Walter.

It makes me think about Luffy kicking crocodiles rear end which is a good thing

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://youtu.be/P4aKNOUU3ns?si=EwR6zQyH09ubXig9

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

its unbecoming of the future ace of the company to have a tattoo as poorly-executed as the assassin’s creed symbol, ospreay should get in touch with the rock and roman reigns’ guy and get those cool geometric patterns as a cover-up. anoa guy.