Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Doomykins posted:

The guy sounds like a jerk in victory but "he was down 3 gens so he started forcing kills" seems pretty natural. What other plays do you have with 2 gens left, 8 rotating hooks?

Tunneling can never be vanquished unless there is a hard mechanical disabling put in, literally can't pick up somebody downed after recently hooked. At least their teammates would have to go over and pick them up, I suppose, but it'd really need some core game reworking.

Oh I totally am guilty of taking a guy out when the tide is turning but this was pure "ignore unhooker/blockers for the tunnel straight off hook" style which at least for me I consider it's own level of lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

New Twitch drops live.

https://account.bhvr.com/twitch/dbd/until-mar27

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/DBD_Base/status/1767605455335932031

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
The unknown with a complete chase build is super fun. Maybe not "effective" but super fun.

edit: I cannot believe how much they shot themselves in the foot with their introduction of invocations. It just isn't worth it. Its so bad. Its a trap perk and it sucks.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 14, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Getting real tired of funny horse perk. This was on The Game, because of course it was. Based on the names, at least two of them were in a swf, and I suspect the third was as well going off the perk spread. Both hexes gone about as fast as possible, too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh man I love the Game when I'm playing Artist...all those "Safe" pallets in nice long hallways...

Sucks though, definitely looks like you had a hit squad.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Got some lovely salt for slugging. Two head-ons that were used repeatedly, one bgp+flashlight+flashbang, one sabo. I was right to do it, too, since one of them crawled right to a locker where the last one standing was hiding in, ready to head on for the save. Once that was taken care of I just lost track of where everyone had crawled off to and they eventually bled out. I don't like slugging the entire bleed out timer, but if I cannot find you it's gonna happen.

On the survivor side I got hit on hook repeatedly for having the audacity to dodge/cleanse the unknown's thing and then helping get the other three out at endgame. I was the only death and I don't even care, I consider that a win regardless.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sadly the VA isn't happy about it at all.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

yowza

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I don't know how to feel about this. I was happy they went that route.

edit: used medical history for the character model? I guess I need to stay away from this one because it's confusing as hell.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 14, 2024

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Honestly if they didn't know at all what they were gonna do with the character, then I kinda get it, cause a bunch of people are being extremely awful with the skins.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Yardbomb posted:

Honestly if they didn't know at all what they were gonna do with the character, then I kinda get it, cause a bunch of people are being extremely awful with the skins.

Ew. Goddamnit, we can never have nice things.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I haven’t even logged in since before the update and I can’t really find a definitive answer, can someone give a summary of the issue?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Screenshot for context, two of the Unknowns more expensive and effort spent skins change its gender, or at least the identity of the body it is wearing/cryptiding. Assuming The Unknown is a weird cryptid-bug/unknowable undefinable entity.

The issue is that the most visibly grotesque killer, a parody of a human, swaps genders. Big hmm, BHVR. The tooltip explanation is simply "a woman went missing in a grocery store parking lot" or "a cheerleader went missing" so they're victims of the Unknown.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Oof

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Reminds me of Claudette face. Really makes me wonder who is working there.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the old lady one looks fine but I had some extreme 'danger sense' stuff going on with the cheerleader one. And I literally only see people using the top with the male head in every match I played the past two days against them, so like, yeah people are being purposefully mega lovely.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

For as much as I'd usually say "Make all cosmetics mix and matchable" they probably should've thought for more than a second about letting people put the 'male' head on the cheerleader body.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think the old lady one looks fine but I had some extreme 'danger sense' stuff going on with the cheerleader one. And I literally only see people using the top with the male head in every match I played the past two days against them, so like, yeah people are being purposefully mega lovely.

Yeeeep exactly that.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Sadly the VA isn't happy about it at all.

goddammit this is just depressing

transphobes please gently caress off and die

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't think the skins are intentionally transphobic, but jesus loving christ, devs. How can you be this loving dense and tone-deaf ITYOOL 2024?

E:

Relyssa posted:

100%

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 14, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it seems like a case also where they didnt really explain the concept to the VA at all and they were on entirely separate axis with the character. just a pileup of stupid decisions.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Someone who is transgender has a thing to say about a video game?

Ha ha I'd sooner spray paint over my open eyeballs like a security camera in a heist than scroll down to anything in response to that

Relyssa posted:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

For as much as I'd usually say "Make all cosmetics mix and matchable" they probably should've thought for more than a second about letting people put the 'male' head on the cheerleader body.

Yeah, I think this is a needed fix. If we think back to the Leatherface debacle, imagine a universe with the same unlockable cosmetic challenges, but put it on the Legion, and after killing 100 Claudettes you got a prestige skin that was an evil Claudette. That would be loving awesome. But letting a white man wear a literal black face was not ok. Similarly, letting the Unknown have multiple forms isn't inherently bad, but the ability to partially mix and match allows for really lovely takes.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Agreed.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't think the skins are intentionally transphobic, but jesus loving christ, devs. How can you be this loving dense and tone-deaf ITYOOL 2024?

Like... I'm trans and also dense enough to not get why the Unknown's cosmetics could get super transphobic (as opposed to the potential baseline transphobia of "gross woman-husk people could compare to a man") until someone actually mentioned mixing cosmetic pieces, so I get why people at Behavior missed it. But also... you're a loving company, pay someone to think about this kind of thing. It isn't actually hard.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think the problem is the decision to tone back the linked outfit requirements was made indepepent of the Unknown's launch, because it's been something asked for for quite some time. They just didn't really think of how it would affect this particular killer.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

If you squit you could claim that even locked the prestige versions of the Unknown are problematic because "deformed mass of flesh pretending it's a woman" is what transphobes think I am, but you can't let the hateful groups have that much control, me thinks.

Side note, I loved that the Pinhead in the newest Hellraiser was a trans woman. It allowed the character to have the both voices androgyny BHVR was obviously going for here, but it was executed pretty flawlessly there in my eyes.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Like... I'm trans and also dense enough to not get why the Unknown's cosmetics could get super transphobic (as opposed to the potential baseline transphobia of "gross woman-husk people could compare to a man") until someone actually mentioned mixing cosmetic pieces, so I get why people at Behavior missed it. But also... you're a loving company, pay someone to think about this kind of thing. It isn't actually hard.

Yeah same. I thought the complete outfits looked fine and everything.

I have noticed a lot more toxicity for using the trans flag charm, though. That does suck.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

On a lighter note, remember when they said that they were going to rewrite the patching system to make things faster? Well that was a loving lie. I've got DBD installed on a 980 EVO and patching the game took over 25 minutes. And now verifying it is going to take at current count 10 minutes more.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Wow, thats exactly why I needed to stay away, (meaning stay out of the topic until others weighed in) Apparently I hit that age group where I didn't even consider those implications but once they were defined it's like "holy poo poo, what were they thinking" especially since lately they've went out of their way to be inclusive.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
This feels like a pretty simple fix. Afaict the unknown is genderless, and it wearing anything of either gender is merely it trying to pretend to be human. Its not like the unknown is in drag, its not a man or a woman, its not non-binary, its simply a horrific creature that is genderless that occasionally creates a weird verisimilitude of human appearance, and that can end up being any gender.

Of course though if you can mix and match you are going to have people being lovely with it. Though I don't entirely understand how people are being lovely with it and how others know? Like if i see an unknown in game thath as mixed cosmetics maybe they like the cute fem shirt but a more masc head? Like how I do I know that person is being lovely? I played against a mixed cosmetic unknown earlier today that also had trans and pride flags on their hook, so like, I have no loving idea anymore.

At the end of the day believe the affected communities asking for change. And gently caress transphobes forever.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah there should have been some other part that was mixable besides the head. give it some hats or something and make the head part of the main skin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i do also really think the VA should have been told like, exactly what the character was like and what the deal was, and also those skins should have probably been worked out with someone. the old lady skin as mentioned is fine but even absent the mixing of parts i just dont think the cheerleader one is a good idea in the context of the VA being trans.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
My worry now is that there won't be able to put the transphobic genie back in the bottle. That the transphobic harassment wouldn't have started if they put proper limitations in place initially, but now that the transphobia is here they're just going to go "okay, the full cheerleader skin is what we use for hating trans women" and so on until the whole character is just hosed. And I just hate all of it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

i do also really think the VA should have been told like, exactly what the character was like and what the deal was, and also those skins should have probably been worked out with someone. the old lady skin as mentioned is fine but even absent the mixing of parts i just dont think the cheerleader one is a good idea in the context of the VA being trans.

Yeah this absolutely needed to happen.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

My worry now is that there won't be able to put the transphobic genie back in the bottle. That the transphobic harassment wouldn't have started if they put proper limitations in place initially, but now that the transphobia is here they're just going to go "okay, the full cheerleader skin is what we use for hating trans women" and so on until the whole character is just hosed. And I just hate all of it.

Just report all the ones you see. Each one banned is a step in the right direction.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the issue is that 'using skins in the way the game allows you to' is not reportable

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Does BHVR even do anything with reports? Especially if you’re on console.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

the issue is that 'using skins in the way the game allows you to' is not reportable

transphobes won't be able to stop themselves from sending more abuse in chat. report that

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Does BHVR even do anything with reports? Especially if you’re on console.

dunno about console but I believe you get a popup if a report got actioned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Relyssa posted:

transphobes won't be able to stop themselves from sending more abuse in chat. report that
there are absolutely some who can, come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's hard for PC players of Dead by Daylight to resist calling me racial slurs for using Lightborne.