Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don’t linemen run when they run block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

euphronius posted:

Don’t linemen run when they run block

yeah, but really what matters is how quick they are for 5 or maybe 10 yards (and how well they change directions). The fat guy making a key block 40 yards down the field doesn't happen very often.

oh god I'm agreeing with Doltos

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
You'd think after 20 years of being constantly right people wouldn't be bewildered agreeing with me

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://twitter.com/HaydenWinks/status/1233503078336417793

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I work with a Washington fan who (aggressively) insists on calling them the Redskins and wears the old logo on a lanyard pin.

His favorite past time is making fun of the Eagles for failing to make the playoffs and the Cowboys for failing to make the Super Bowl while insisting every off season that his team is secretly the favorite to win the division.

One year, he'll eventually be right.

He's also a MAGA, CHUD thin blue line guy who likes to tell gay/racist "jokes"

He sucks. So does Washington.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What an enormous man

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I work with a Washington fan who (aggressively) insists on calling them the Redskins and wears the old logo on a lanyard pin.

His favorite past time is making fun of the Eagles for failing to make the playoffs and the Cowboys for failing to make the Super Bowl while insisting every off season that his team is secretly the favorite to win the division.

One year, he'll eventually be right.

He's also a MAGA, CHUD thin blue line guy who likes to tell gay/racist "jokes"

He sucks. So does Washington.

We don’t need him as a fan. You need to :sever:.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Saquon has only fumbled 6 times in his career ? That’s incredible

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
It's very fun watching large men run with the football but it's even funnier when they are slow and lumbering and not fast

A good 40 time is probably the least important skill a lineman can have

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/TyronSmith077/status/1768086870158913921

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Fake account

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Doltos posted:

You'd think after 20 years of being constantly right people wouldn't be bewildered agreeing with me

is this the only reason you post? so that people will also post to agree with you?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s 320+ pounds and not fat at all. Incredible

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Doltos posted:

It's the dumbest clickbait and is no way an indicator of talent. Sorry but general football discourse is annoying and for idiots.

allergic to fun, got it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
40 times are a good indication of overall athleticism. Yes, it is true that OL and DL will likely not be making that type of run in game. However, it does speak to the individuals training, mindset, overall physical ability, etc. when it comes to evaluating talent. If it were a completely useless exercise, they wouldn’t do it.

Sex_Marxist
Dec 14, 2016

I LOVE MY DEAD GAY SON
NFC East 2024: All in my rear end

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Sex_Marxist posted:

NFC East 2024: All in my rear end

Book it!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

40 times are a good indication of overall athleticism. Yes, it is true that OL and DL will likely not be making that type of run in game. However, it does speak to the individuals training, mindset, overall physical ability, etc. when it comes to evaluating talent. If it were a completely useless exercise, they wouldn’t do it.

You had me until the last line.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Whwre Blarzgh? I wanna hear from the Prime Minister of Dak-i-stan.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Look, I know we say “gently caress the Cowboys” all the time, but uh… that’s not what we mean…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
That said, gently caress the Cowboys

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dak is a top five ______ in his division.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

(Cow)Boys will be Boys.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rogue Elephant posted:

is this the only reason you post? so that people will also post to agree with you?

I post correct statements about football and people are too dumb with their ESPN schlock to tolerate, I'm sorry that you're a herd animal

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Mr. Nice! posted:

No they're not. They're an indication of how much you train for the 40 yard dash. I thought there was enough busts who ran fast for people to learn this. OL and DL will never make those runs, the last time that happened was Larry Allen. Their overall physical ability isn't intrinsically tied to their cardio. It's stupid. They do it because they set standards and the NFL never deviates from those standards. It's archaic and stupid, people eat it up, it's easy marketing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NFC East 2024: I post correct statements about football

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
It's fun to watch extremely large humans run fast as gently caress. Who gives a poo poo about whether or not that 40 time translates to their position on the field? I don't see what's so difficult to grasp here.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Black Sunshine posted:

It's fun to watch extremely large humans run fast as gently caress.

yeah keep making them run the 40 cause it's fun (sincere)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Football is for being "right" and acting lovely and superior to people. It's not for fun. If you're having fun instead of constantly emptying your waste into your shorts because someone has a different opinion, man oh man.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

to be fair, arguing about pointless bullshit is also fun. especially, but not only, when you're right

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I enjoy watching football when my team is doing good or when teams I don’t like are doing bad. It’s usually entertaining.

I also enjoy the combine because watching large men in spandex run fast and do athletic things that may or may not be relevant to how they perform in actual football games is also entertaining and a solid way to kill a few afternoons.

Black Sunshine posted:

It's fun to watch extremely large humans run fast as gently caress. Who gives a poo poo about whether or not that 40 time translates to their position on the field? I don't see what's so difficult to grasp here.

:hfive:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the thing about Big Man 40s is that for the most part, you see guys perform or approximate all the combine drills on the field. you won't see a RB broad jump, but they might hurdle a defender or dive for the marker; CBs go vertical for PBUs; WRs will double move or reverse direction on a route. but we never get to see the big guys flat out sprint except for at the combine, so in addition to being an athletic marvel to behold it has novelty value

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quiet Feet posted:

Football is for being "right" and acting lovely and superior to people. It's not for fun. If you're having fun instead of constantly emptying your waste into your shorts because someone has a different opinion, man oh man.

No I refuse to be gaslit by philly posters posting the same ESPN schlock all day every day. If you think you're above criticism for liking big guys running 40's then I don't know what to tell you. It's a useless endeavor and it's not nearly as fun as people make it out to be. A big man running in game, fine, that's fun. On a 40 track when there's way better things to talk about? No way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Doltos hates fun.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I love fun.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I don’t know who thinks they are having fun in this thread but let me assure each and every one of you, that poo poo is going to stop right now.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
You like fun? Name 5 times you've had fun

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Doltos posted:

I love fun.

They why you a Cowboys fan?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm the #1 Cowboys fan and Blarzgh is my best friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Everyone is a little bit of a Cowboys fan, deep down.