Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

BeAuMaN posted:

Description says it unlocks Steeled Veterans in addition to the other goodies. No 1000 SC. What I have heard is if people buy the super citizen edition upgrade and already have steeled veterans before doing so, then they get nothing. So people have contacted customer support and they will give them 1000sc (the cost of steeled veterans). Or so I've heard. You might be waiting for a while though due to all the other issues support is dealing with.
huh, for some reason I thought it was both the SC and the steeled veterans warbond unlock. oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

This has been directly shot down by the CEO as a stupid idea.
That isn't saying much coming from the CEO whose studio apparently never expected most players to default to a simple railgun + normal weapon interaction for chargers, given their crazy spawn rate.

Lasers are cool. More lasers is always cooler than less lasers. More of my own weapons would also be better with lasers. Who cares if it's "stupid" in reality if it's "cool" in game?

Black Noise posted:

How often do premium warbonds release? I could farm them but I'm having flashbacks of the TF2 Halo Incident. I could excuse the :10bux: if I have 3 options to ponder.
If memory serves their content release plan was every second-thursday of the month. I would assume a new premium warbond either every or every-other update? They supposedly don't ever expire though, so you'll only ever have to worry about which ones you want to unlock.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wow the ballistic shield loving sucks, and it bugs out constantly when you hold it (and an SMG) while picking up samples. It also rarely protects you from frontal shots. It also destroys first person aiming (for good reason) by covering your entire screen but for a peep hole, but you are still very much exposed while holding it

In what universe is this supposed to be at all on the same level as the shield generator lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The new lighting armor makes arc damage negligible so you can have your buddies shoot you with arc and it'll bounce off you and chain into any bugs/bots close to you that way you can chain the arc further than usual.

Just make sure your buddy is wearing the armor.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Make sure your buddies are wearing the arc armor by shooting them with the arc thrower

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It's funny how consistently popular this game is. MHW never hit the top players for this game, and definitely didn't hold onto players like HD2 has (on PC at least). Sony should really pump resources into this game/dev

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

sushibandit posted:

Unfortunately that would require either giving up +2 grenades and better crouching accuracy (on medium/heavy) or better stealth and infinite radar (on light) which are pretty much welded to my helldiver at this point.

The reduced explosive damage perk comes with reduced recoil too, so you're just losing two grenades. It's my goto for autocannon.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

If they ever make an armour perk with +2 grenades and +throwing distance I will buy it immediately and never take it off.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Plasma Punisher initial impressions (against bots): It's... surprisingly okay? It's essentially a crappy GL that goes into your primary slot with pretty meh damage (if you don't get direct hits expect to expend a lot of ammo due to the splash damage fall-off) but the heavy arc lets you fire off from behind cover and the shots stun Devastators for like half a second every time you catch one in the splash. I don't see myself using it often, but I came in with zero expectations for it and left feeling like I wouldn't mind testing it some more so that's a win in my book. Plus you can blue-plate special the jetpack bots which gives it immediate bonus points in my eyes:
https://i.imgur.com/bQEBLUP.mp4
(Yes I missed like half those shots on the devastator I'm not good at aiming okay)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Glad I saved up over 200 medals. Already have the sickle and plasma punisher, gonna give them a try. Also the new helmets and capes are pretty sick, drip is crucial for any true helldiver

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Darox posted:

If they ever make an armour perk with +2 grenades and +throwing distance I will buy it immediately and never take it off.

These and explosive resistance are the three I want a set of for each pairing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Darox posted:

Put them on light armor and I'm sold. According to someone there was a light armor with metal leg and arm (throw distance) but I've never seen it, maybe I missed a super credits store option.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Play posted:

Put them on light armor and I'm sold. According to someone there was a light armor with metal leg and arm (throw distance) but I've never seen it, maybe I missed a super credits store option.
It was a superstore option yeah:

Don't know when it'll be back though because today marks the first day we got new armours in the superstore

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I think there was a servo assisted light armor in the SC store sometime last week, but I love my scout armor.

E: Also please give me a Super Earth Legion game

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Unlock every weapon, you will never have wasted medals doing so

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

jokes posted:

But also unlock Roll Em, Scout Handshake, and the cape thats just puke green, because those are good too

Medals have such a low cap I don't get anyone feeling like they've wasted them by unlocking stuff. Some of the major orders recently have paid out huge amounts of medals, spend them willy nilly!!

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
So, I heard some mention of gang tags going around on the discord? :cool:

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

jokes posted:

I don't know why anyone complains about 'wasting' medals on a weapon because the amount of medals you need to spend to unlock the next tier of warbonds is so high that you can buy every single gameplay relevant item (weapons, emotes, victory poses, boosters, supercredits, armours) and still need to spend some extra on spare helmets and profile backgrounds to unlock the higher tiers.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Black Noise posted:

How often do premium warbonds release? I could farm them but I'm having flashbacks of the TF2 Halo Incident. I could excuse the :10bux: if I have 3 options to ponder.

They plan on releasing new ones on the 2nd Thursday of each month.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

skaianDestiny posted:

did they say how long they intend to do monthly releases?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

skaianDestiny posted:

THAT'S A LOT OF SUPER CREDITS

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Did anyone else find themselves back in tutorial mode when they played today?

I wasn’t thrown into the tutorial, but I’m getting tips on basically everything including advice on changing weapons when they run out of ammo. It’s getting quite annoying to be honest and can’t see any obvious way of turning it off.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

sushibandit posted:

Rocket bots should all be grenade bots instead. Imagine the panic when a flurry of grenades from a devastator flies through the air and drops all around you beeping for a couple of seconds before exploding, as opposed to the "welp guess I just died" instagib that rockets tend to do if you're not glued to the shield pack.

Serpentines, Babou - Serpentines!

In all fairness, I've actually gone to fighting bots without a Shield Pack but it really depends on the map. Bot Vietnam (Malevelon Creek) has a ton of tree lines, so you can easily get away without a shield pack by using trees as cover.

On wide open maps... Yeah, the shield pack might be a bit more useful since there's nowhere to hide. I could see myself grokking it with Smoke Grenades instead though so I could keep using the Autocannon.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

jokes posted:

Wow the ballistic shield loving sucks, and it bugs out constantly when you hold it (and an SMG) while picking up samples. It also rarely protects you from frontal shots. It also destroys first person aiming (for good reason) by covering your entire screen but for a peep hole, but you are still very much exposed while holding it

In what universe is this supposed to be at all on the same level as the shield generator lol

Wait until you find out that it likely uses the same code for holding objects like the SSSD, so that means anything that ragdolls you while you're holding it (e.g., puffballs, Charger hits, bot rockets, explosives in general, etc.) will cause you to drop the shield. They did a good job making most stratagems useful, but the Ballistic Shield is actually detrimental on top of taking up a stratagem slot thanks to its downsides by far and away outweighing its upsides.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 14, 2024

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
God I wish heat meters were better. None in 1st person. 3rd person useless distracting spinning crosshair. Bottom left by your grenade count, a tiny meter you can't afford to watch when actually shooting things.

But finally, we have a laser that is VASTLY better than I expected. Considering the sales pitch was "Burst fire laser" and not "Laser assault rifle classic X-Com would be proud of" holy poo poo. It even has ACTUAL ammo reserves, and gets a full 6 reload on supplies (once more reminding me the heavy MG and AMR get basically gently caress all :argh: ). Plus the laser bullets nature means getting my aim skewed by enemy bullets is not wasting 90% of the damage like the beam rifle.

My low bar was "hope it can center mass burst down small robots without needing multiple bursts". Instead I got "Amazing even on a hot world" except for the odd feeling it is worse at destroying devastator faces in a hurry than the defender. My muscle memory for "And now it is dead" keeps betraying me :downs:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Durzel posted:

I wasn’t thrown into the tutorial, but I’m getting tips on basically everything including advice on changing weapons when they run out of ammo. It’s getting quite annoying to be honest and can’t see any obvious way of turning it off.

Super Earth is trying to tell you something.

:getgud:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Section Z posted:

But finally, we have a laser that is VASTLY better than I expected.

Doubly funny because they stayed true to Helldivers 1 where the Sickle was vastly better than the Scythe (and was pretty much the best primary in general).

That being said, I still enjoy the Scythe as it's very good at performing surgery (i.e., amputation) on bugs even though it's not the optimal primary choice.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Turing's TCS is up and running! Two planets left. :toot:

Also man that Punisher Plasma was not what I was expecting, it is really bad.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Durzel posted:

Yeah it seems they reset everyone's tutorial prompts so you'll get a lot of "this is how you change your armor" type messages when you log in

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Making more progress by not logging in for 2 weeks and collecting all the Major Order rewards than actually playing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Harlock posted:

Making more progress by not logging in for 2 weeks and collecting all the Major Order rewards than actually playing

Victories for Democracy are victories for us all.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The Sickle is lightyears ahead of anything else in the Warbond. It's almost insulting how useless both of the shotguns are. I'm particularly disappointed in the Blitzer (even though it's better than the plasma shotty) because the description says it arcs to all enemies in range. It doesn't. It hits maybe 3 targets and often doesn't kill. Slugger/breaker are still the best.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nothing will stop me from supporting super earth's chief export (fresh hot lead)

begone laser thotguns this diver is spoken for

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

The Sickle is lightyears ahead of anything else in the Warbond. It's almost insulting how useless both of the shotguns are. I'm particularly disappointed in the Blitzer (even though it's better than the plasma shotty) because the description says it arcs to all enemies in range. It doesn't. It hits maybe 3 targets and often doesn't kill. Slugger/breaker are still the best.

What a bummer.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

sushibandit posted:

That isn't saying much coming from the CEO whose studio apparently never expected most players to default to a simple railgun + normal weapon interaction for chargers, given their crazy spawn rate.

Lasers are cool. More lasers is always cooler than less lasers. More of my own weapons would also be better with lasers. Who cares if it's "stupid" in reality if it's "cool" in game?

I'm not defending the statement, just letting you know what was said.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wonder if they playtest these new weapons. And if they're cool with 2/3 of the new ones being kinda poo poo. I guess that's one way to avoid people also complaining about the game being P2W.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The plasma shotgun seems great at dealing with hordes of weak bugs, it’s like a mini grenade launcher.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The Blitzer is just a worst Arc thrower, which is perfectly fine for being a primary weapon with unlimited ammo.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The plasma shotgun seems great at dealing with hordes of weak bugs, it’s like a mini grenade launcher.

Problem is it doesn't even really do that because the AOE is incredibly small. Visually it's big, but the actual damage AOE might only hit a couple scavengers. You run out of ammo incredibly fast trying to do what most other guns do better without even trying.

I'm not big on following meta builds, but there aren't even niches where the Punisher/Blitzer perform well. They're genuinely a waste of a slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Which one is the sickle? I got the laser assault rifle in the first page and it’s okay I guess. It doesn’t look or sound like a laser, although weirdly I does look a lot more laser-y when someone else is shooting it